Sukhoi PAK FA

p2prada

The image above is showing too many missiles for PAKFA IMO. I think it is more in the 4+2 range or 6+2 if we are lucky.

p2prada

The image above is showing too many missiles for PAKFA IMO. I think it is more in the 4+2 range or 6+2 if we are lucky.
I am wrong here. The size indicates we may have 8 SDs and 2 or 4 MDs. So, that's anywhere between 8-12.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
T-50-4 will be equipped with "Item 129" Which is reportedly have 24,054 lb. dry thrust, and 39,566 lb. with afterburners. The newer engine's also likely to have a longer service life.

p2prada

About time. The Russians are hoping to introduce the new engine with the PAKFA during IOC in 2015.

17.5 tons is huge. 35 tons in total. It may end up having a T/W ratio of greater than 1.12:1 at full fuel load and air to air load(internal+external).

T/W will be 1.4:1 at half fuel load and internal weapons. Growth potential will also be big.

Comparatively MKI has a T/W ratio of 1:1(AL-31F) or 1.1:1(with 117S) with a similar configuration.

p2prada

The reasons given were already expected even before PAKFA was revealed. But this isn't the cold war. The real question we need to ask is how relevant are PAKFA's stealth characteristics and avionics. I have no doubt the radar(especially considering how demanding IAF is in this) and IRST will be top notch, but there are other avionics too including sensor fusion.

If IAF says the PAKFA is as much or more advanced than Rafale, then that will be huge achievement considering F-35 and Rafale are at similar levels.

p2prada

�������������� ����� ����� - ������������� � ����������������� ������������ � ����������� �������� �������� ��������������� - ����������� ������������� ������ (����). ��������� � ����� ����.

Some old information on plasma stealth that I had lying somewhere. I don't think it was posted here before.

Theoretically substantiated and experimentally confirmed the feasibility of using on-board power plant generator nonequilibrium plasma (BEGP) based on the compact electron accelerator to reduce the radar cross section of the aircraft. In these experiments, in which the plasma is created in the accelerator chamber stand-BEGP analogue, for a wavelength of lambda = 10 cm in the pressure range 0.02-0.03 MPa, the absorption of electromagnetic waves to reach 20 dB. The structure and circuit-board power plant generator of non-equilibrium plasma (BEGP), which was based on a pulsed compact electron accelerator with an accelerating voltage of 200-250 kV and a pulse energy of 1 J at a pulse duration of microseconds 0,15-20. Weight BEGP not exceed 135 kg.

ashicjose

That mean we need to wait more than we expected coz the engine nozzles also not looking as stealthy .

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
^^ note that weapon test is not an early activity, you must not expect a weapon testing in such early stage of development.

p2prada

Weapons testing will commence form next year. For now we are all eagerly awaiting the 4th prototype which will be the closest to the production model. It will have most of the subsystems and a new engine as planned.

Weapons bays indicated in red.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Well I wont put my money for the side parts as weapon bay unless the panel blows away before firing the weapon.

p2prada

That mean we need to wait more than we expected coz the engine nozzles also not looking as stealthy .
The new engine's nozzles will most probably be round. Flat nozzles like F-22 has nothing to do with stealth, but supercruise.

Even round nozzles can have saw tooth arrangement and provide lower RCS returns.

This is a stealth optimized nozzle of the F-35.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles