Sukhoi-30SM Flanker D

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Russia gets new Su-30 – 16% more thrust, new
radar, UAV control

20220127_232652.jpg

MOSCOW, ($1=77.59 Russian Rubles) – Russian aviation has begun arming itself with a new modification of its twin-engine, two-seat supermaneuverable fighter aircraft Su-30, BulgarianMilitary.com has learned, citing a statement on the official Twitter account of the state-owned United Aircraft Corporation [UAC].

Russia unveiled a better S-70 UCAV with stealth nozzle configuration
Russia expects new Su-35s, Su-57s, helos, and Kinzhal missiles in 2022
China and Russia drew a new military road map until 2025

It is clear from the press release that the corporation has already delivered the first four Su-30SM2 fighters. The planes were built last year. In 2022, the United Aircraft Corporation continues to produce the SM2 series, which in fact over time should replace the existing SM.

The Su-30SM2 has 16% more thrust thanks to a newly installed Izdelie 117S engine, which replaces the previously used Al-31FP. Currently, Russian Su-30s operate with N011M-R Bars-R radar. However, the new version gets a multi-mode, hybrid passive electronically scanned array [PESA] N035 Irbis-E.

The characteristic of PESA radars is that during missions the information that is returned to the aircraft in the form of radio electromagnetic waves is distributed at one point on the radar. This is somewhat of a problem, as it can lead to overheating of the radar installation and possible problems with its operation. AESA, which is the other type of radar device and is very common among Western manufacturers, does not have this problem. With it, the returned radio electromagnetic waves are distributed over the entire surface of the radar grid, which helps to speed up data processing and prevent overheating of systems.

Electronic warfare and counter-warfare systems have also been replaced. For this purpose, the Russians have installed in the Su-30SM2 an updated version of the existing integrated electronic guidance kit. Ie the old version OLS-30 IRST has been replaced with its updated version OLS-35 IRST.

The Su-30SM2 has an integrated OSNOD system, which in addition to control and data sharing is also designed to control unmanned aerial vehicles in their role as an additional attacking wing. The current electronic system for the pilot’s helmet, which was Ukrainian-made, has already been replaced by a Russian-made one. The plant has also replaced Thales’ French display systems [Thales SMD55S / 66S] with Russian ones, but the company did not name their model or manufacturer.

The subsidiary of the Russian state company Rostec, Crete, has provided a brand new development of the strap-down inertial navigation system – BINS-SP2. The system consists of three laser gyroscopes and three quartz accelerometers. BINS-SP2 can determine platform coordinates and motion variables in the absence of external input data. In short – this means that the Su-30SM2 can fly in the absence of satellite, ground, or offshore navigation systems. The system can operate at altitudes up to 25 km and over a wide temperature range: from -60 degrees Celsius to +60 degrees Celsius.

United Aircraft Corporation says that the Su-30SM2 has a change in armament, as the company claims that the armament of the Su-30SM2 is equivalent to that of the Su-35 Flanker E, and further added the ability to install and operate the Kh-32 cruise missile. I.e. According to the Russian company, the Su-30SM2 has a set of bombs, cruise missiles, 1 × 30-mm automatic cannon Grjasew-Schipunow GSch-301 [9A-4071K] with up to 150 rounds of ammunition, guided bombs, air-to-air missiles, air-to-surface missiles, etc.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Can someone please tell me what is the Production rate of SU-30SM? Like how many SU-30 SMs are the Russians able to Manufacture in a year? Please get some information about this and post it here please.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Also if someone can(If you Possibly can), could you kindly please post Information about the HUD used in Russian SU-30SM? Like can you list some of the Data which is displayed on SU-30SM's HUD?
20220128_090357.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
Su-30SM from the 43-th OMShAP Black Sea Fleet, Saki, Crimea:
Do all SU-30SMs which belong to the Russian Navy always have this ''Blackish" colour scheme to them? Is that what distinguishes them From SU-30SMs of the Russian Airforce? Also do all SU-30SM belonging to the Russian Airforce always have that "Blueish" Colour Scheme to them?

Angel of War

Country flag
Do all SU-30SMs which belong to the Russian Navy always have this ''Blackish" colour scheme to them? Is that what distinguishes them From SU-30SMs of the Russian Airforce? Also do all SU-30SM belonging to the Russian Airforce always have that "Blueish" Colour Scheme to them?
the blackish color scheme looks hot on the bird tho

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
How long do they think they can keep the production lines for the SMs open? Sure, they have been selling them hot cakes in the pre-CAATSA era. But after results of the Egyptian air exercise and Indonesia's plan to abide by the CAATSA, it has lost 2 major reliable customers.

Super Flanker

Country flag
How long do they think they can keep the production lines for the SMs open? Sure, they have been selling them hot cakes in the pre-CAATSA era. But after results of the Egyptian air exercise and Indonesia's plan to abide by the CAATSA, it has lost 2 major reliable customers.
No you are wrong, are you referring to the SU-30 SM model here? Was that even offered to Indonesia? I believe you are Talking about SU-35 losing 2 Major reliable customers and not SU-30 SM, still SU-30 SM looks pretty sweet for Export. These SU-30SMS sell like Butter ,it has been already sold to countries like Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc. CAATSA is a pain in the Butt for Russia's Weopons Export business.

Super Flanker

Country flag
So SU-30SME is the Export Version of the SU-30SM, my question is how much does the Export Version that is SU-30SME cost? Is the unit Cost always Different for Different countries or is there a Fixed price for the Aircraft?

Super Flanker

Country flag
I am posting some information here about the SU-30SME from the Official Rosoboronexport website, so here you go:

Su-30SME
Multirole fighter
Combat and training efficient

Modern combat aviation complex that combines execution of combat missions with training capabilities.

Supermaneuverable Su-30SME multirole fighter is designed for:

►Enemy’s aerial targets engagement in the free air or against the background, ground (surface) targets, infrastructure objects that are located far from the home airfields and covered by ADMS means day-and-night in favorable and adverse weather conditions;
►Aerial reconnaissance;
►Combat employment and piloting training of the flight personnel.

The Su-30SME aircraft ensures effective ADMS defense penetration, it demonstrates great combat capabilities due to significant delivered combat payload. What is more, it has a supermaneuvrability feature that gives Su-30SME an advantage over enemy aircraft.

Main characteristics-
  • Maximum takeoff weight-kg34.000
  • Service ceiling, m-16.100
  • Maximum speed, Mach number-1,75
  • Maximum payload-kg8.000
  • Number of hardpoints-12

Super Flanker

Country flag
If I recall, Myanmar was Supposed to be Getting 6 SU-30 from Russia right?

What happened to that? What is the Current Status of SU-30 deal of Myanmar?

Super Flanker

Country flag
3h
The bombing footage of the Su-30SM and Su-24 crews of the Russian Baltic Fleet on the training ground in the Kaliningrad region.

The aircraft carried out targeted attacks against ground targets with OFAB-100 aerial bombs.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Crews of Su-30SM fighters practiced air-to-air combat, interception and destruction of manned targets as well as evasion of conventional enemy aircraft.

Super Flanker

Country flag
That's blue 77...one of the two ship SU-30SM demo jets from MAKS 2019. Easily the most impressive airshow demo I've ever seen.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Smartly placed cockpit.
What do you mean by "Smartly placed Cockpit"? I am saying that I want HUD Data. Okay now I will tell you what I mean by HUD Data. Here is the HUD of an F-16 (Here have a look, by the Way it's a digital copy of the HUD not real but I will still explain using this)
hudgor.jpg

Now can you see Those various symbols on the screen depicting Different things? That is what you call as HUD data or the term more Precisely to describe this nomenclature is "HUD symbiology".

like this I want HUD data of SU-30 SM Aircraft. If you have it or any other members have it than please post it here.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Why don't we use SU-30 MKI in our Navy? I mean not for Carrier Take off and Landing or to be used as a Carrier air wing but as a Off-shore Squadron. I mean Indian Navy should buy SU-30 MKI as off-shore squadron which can be armed with Brahmos cruise missiles, Kh-31 etc for Anti Shipping roles. Like how Russian Naval Aviation uses. Imagine SU-30 MKI in Indian Navy with a nice Camo.
2464609_original.jpg

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Why don't we use SU-30 MKI in our Navy? I mean not for Carrier Take off and Landing or to be used as a Carrier air wing but as a Off-shore Squadron. I mean Indian Navy should buy SU-30 MKI as off-shore squadron which can be armed with Brahmos cruise missiles, Kh-31 etc for Anti Shipping roles. Like how Russian Naval Aviation uses. Imagine SU-30 MKI in Indian Navy with a nice Camo.
View attachment 138548
We al ready use them in naval strike role

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles