Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

karn

Country flag
is it safe to take russia's name in the current global environment?
========
We are in discussion with the Russian Govt as well...The initial meetings have taken place in Russia. We have given our requirements & we are working on it. We are waiting to hear what sort of facility will be accommodated to Sri Lanka: Sri Lankan Power & Energy Minister

Heh .. Fear of famine and civil unrest is more scary than uncle. The worst uncle can do has already happened .
Didn't they endorse some US development initiative recently ?
Also the west has started taking notice of Sls plight .. squeezing them now would be unpopular with their citizens.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Usually this type of money comes back as FDI, isn't it?
=======
Sri Lanka’s businesses involved in the exports and imports trade have plundered US$ 36.833 billion (Rs 13.246 trillion) over nine years through intentional, dodgy invoicing, and stashing the foreign exchange earnings offshore.
Exporters, importers shift Rs 13.2 trillion overseas via dodgy invoicing

shade

Country flag

The way this article is written it sounds like this is some kind of 2014 "Maidan Revolution" clone being applied in Lanka.

Looks like Baba or his successor will have to mount a Speshul Operation in Lanka in the coming years :troll:

karn

Country flag

The way this article is written it sounds like this is some kind of 2014 "Maidan Revolution" clone being applied in Lanka.

Looks like Baba or his successor will have to mount a Speshul Operation in Lanka in the coming years :troll:
Why go off brand .. they'll just call it peacekeeping operations.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
More i learn about chinese - srilanka equation more i seem convinced that sri lanka might be a lost case for india and no amount of pajeetry ll help . Hambambtota is on a lease of 99 years , Can be a chinese navy base in future , colombo port city is kind of chinese enclave .. Was watching a indian news channel claiming some kind of chinese visa ll be needed to enter port city ( might be exaggeration ) , and chinese currency ll be used in port city . It was supposed to take away multinational companies from southern cities of india .. and can be security nightmare for Tamilnadu .

All i want to say based on current knowledge base Srilanka is not our land and we lack capacity to fight chinese there in medium term .. But chennai and Nicober is ours . So we have to keep expectations low for future . Its like sending wheats for Afghan people but at the end of the day we all know who ll dig those lithium mines .

Kumata

Country flag
Hambambtota is on a lease of 99 years , Can be a chinese navy base in future , colombo port city is kind of chinese enclave ..
Hambamtota is on lease... with specific "no military Use" clauses. So everything have to be clandestine ... which is not easy for moneys...

All i want to say based on current knowledge base Srilanka is not our land and we lack capacity to fight chinese there in medium term .. But chennai and Nicober is ours . So we have to keep expectations low for future . Its like sending wheats for Afghan people but at the end of the day we all know who ll dig those lithium mines .
We do lack on economic front but SL is a reset IMO for them to be out of Chinese nexus... We never said SL is ours land ...

armortec

More i learn about chinese - srilanka equation more i seem convinced that sri lanka might be a lost case for india and no amount of pajeetry ll help . Hambambtota is on a lease of 99 years , Can be a chinese navy base in future , colombo port city is kind of chinese enclave .. Was watching a indian news channel claiming some kind of chinese visa ll be needed to enter port city ( might be exaggeration ) , and chinese currency ll be used in port city . It was supposed to take away multinational companies from southern cities of india .. and can be security nightmare for Tamilnadu .

Burma and Cambodia too have "secret" chink navy bases and are building one for Bangladesh. Also trying to butter up Indonesia but that's more complicated since Indos slaughtered so many commie chinks in the past. SL needs to be purged of CCP and ultra-corrupt politicians. Who fills the power vacuum I don't know if India has any control over that.

GDP size controls ambition. India:CCP ratio is like UK:USA and UK has no control over USA. All these bases are for the dual-purpose of securing their shipping routes whilst conviniently encircling India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles