Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

During my visit in tamil nadu few days before posters of prabhakaran was very common but most of people Were busy in their own life but i dont know about politicians
Anyone from tamil nadu can answer my doubt?
My acquaintances in Tamil Nadu have told NTK has gained significant popularity in TN in last few years.

If they ever win elections or even become a large enough party, things will go south again like Punjab.

Ayushraj

Country flag
My acquaintances in Tamil Nadu have told NTK has gained significant popularity in TN in last few years.

If they ever win elections or even become a large enough party, things will go south again like Punjab.
First choice of people was dmk
2nd was aidmk but people told it is already fragmented.
3 rd choice was BJP.
People who did lower salaried jobs like autoricshaw, etc preferred BJP over both the 2

Blademaster

First choice of people was dmk
2nd was aidmk but people told it is already fragmented.
3 rd choice was BJP.
People who did lower salaried jobs like autoricshaw, etc preferred BJP over both the 2
Can we encourage the Sri Lankan hindus to form a more peaceful and more restrained organization, thus alternative to the LTTE? We still need to support the hindu minority in Sri Lanka.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag

They want to bring back islands from Lanka to india, I don't think they are separatist

kharabela

Handed over

Not a big deal , if purpose is to increase indian influence there . And overall future trajectory is about integration of economy of srilanka with india . As long as govt handouts be it syria , Afghanistan , Srilanka benefits Indian companies its not bad . It ll help them establish their network and business in those countries .

Anandhu Krishna

i don't think GoI is interested in control, rather stability in the region. Indian diplomacy doesn't have the tools to control other nations anyways.
there is hardly any of value that SL can offer us other than raw material for tyres, that too is diminishing since our own tyre companies are planting their own rubber tree estates.

ultimately their population is just 2 crores, nothing major in financial terms.

it's entirely upto SL on how they want to proceed.

That is the problem. Control doesn't necessarily have to be telling them what to do. We should create a situation such that acting against out interest will be detrimental for them. So we don't have to tell them anything. But Literally nothing is Proactive in this country and we don't have long term foreign policies and leaders with foresight. Should have integrated Lanka into India from day 1. SL can't offer us anything but it can create headache with china. We should integrate our economy with theirs as much as possible. If we could have them use our currency and our digital payment system, that will give us a lot of influence and data.

Anandhu Krishna

Our closest parter is Myanmar but we couldn't harness their presences dur to our fucked up ideology and short sightedness.
Stability in Myanmar is directly linked to the Stability of NE, yet we show no inclination or resolve.
We could be receiving the Gas that China is receiving from 1500 km away.
As a country Myanmar shares our value, they could be part of whatever we envision.
That's way too big for the babus and politicians to think. You are expecting too much of them. They are already working so hard.

Anandhu Krishna

I wonder if this same mindset exists wrt pakistan.

That is pakistan is a better alternative than whatever will come out of the chaos it it collapses and thus we would rather not work overtly to push them off the edge.
We should push them the Chinese, US, Saudi wont let them fall. That's why we should continue to push them so they will stay below a certain level.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That is the problem. Control doesn't necessarily have to be telling them what to do. We should create a situation such that acting against out interest will be detrimental for them. So we don't have to tell them anything. But Literally nothing is Proactive in this country and we don't have long term foreign policies and leaders with foresight. Should have integrated Lanka into India from day 1. SL can't offer us anything but it can create headache with china. We should integrate our economy with theirs as much as possible. If we could have them use our currency and our digital payment system, that will give us a lot of influence and data.
if SL lets chini in again, there will be another regime change. zimble.
not saying GoI is behind it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
what's this Indian managed port next to chinese port they are talking about?

the usual BBC half truths, they left out the part about aid from India during SL crisis, relegating India to bollywood song and dance. just a reflection of britain's foreign policy narrative on India.
=======
How Sri Lanka is caught in a dance between two rival geopolitical powers - BBC Newsnight

Butter Chicken

Country flag

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Sri Lankan Crisis: India's Credit Line Settled With First Tranche Of IMF Bailout Package

"We have settled USD 121 million as part of India's credit line using the first tranche of IMF's bailout programme," Siyambalapitiya told reporters.

Apparently, the Lankans are selling monkeys and other wild animals to China.

Monkey meat is prized in China as a delicacy of nobles and they are running out of monkeys. They are even ready to change their decades-old law of protecting wildlife to export anything that reduces their debt burden.

Given how China consumes animals, the chances are that Lankans might run out of animals to sell them.

I am not making this up.

Here:

This reminds me of the Pakistani strategy of selling dogs and donkeys to them for the same thing.

Sachinananda

Apparently, the Lankans are selling monkeys and other wild animals to China.

Monkey meat is prized in China as a delicacy of nobles and they are running out of monkeys. They are even ready to change their decades-old law of protecting wildlife to export anything that reduces their debt burden.

Given how China consumes animals, the chances are that Lankans might run out of animals to sell them.

I am not making this up.

Here:

This reminds me of the Pakistani strategy of selling dogs and donkeys to them for the same thing.
Wtf monkeys
Are unhe kaun khata hai
Bichare

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Wtf monkeys
Are unhe kaun khata hai
Bichare
Monkeys are eaten in several countries. Congo, Zambia, CAR, China, Vietnam, and some parts of Latin America consume monkey meat. I have seen them cooking it during a particularly arduous trip in the amazon forest visiting the native tribes way back in 2016.

you can't make this shit up
Jeez... that woman seems quite attractive. Why the heck would her husband adopt Muslim tactics for pleasuring? 🤢

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles