Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandy_3126

cover are snapfit with ample allowance, id dont know about Insas, but every ak I have come across has a dust cover that can be moved by bare fingers, hence the designers of the gun never mounted optics on the cover. Another huge advantage of side mounted optics is , it holds zero even when taken off and on the rifle.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Anyways, you can try that..

I assume its not the same as others..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If you put a scope on top of a AK iron sight rest assured you are not moving the sight leaf to anything beyond 100 yards.
Pls explain this, love to know more about this.
Rail is side mount for ak, i am talking about 1/3 co witness sight, plus if you can show with pic i will be very happy.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No i have not used this, but dust cover movable by finger is new to me..

In INSAS once its placed similar as AKM, Its not movable at all..
Sir, aimpoint you posted had that cover for lens, which can be open by flick of fingure. I am out of town or i would have posted pics. Nothing special about it, but it does help lens in long run.
Now a days you can get same with sun guard. It is cool addition and protection to your optics.

s002wjh

Country flag
The rifles have high scopes to allow for a gap between the gun and the optic. Through the gap, one can view the iron sights clearly, allowing the soldier to use both the optics, or switch to the iron sights if the battery dies, or scope gets damaged, etc.

Foreign forces solve the problem by giving the soldier backup battery. :rolleyes:
ever heard of co-witness. even if battery die the solider should be able to use back up sight and see through it in the scope. also just get aimpoint, those thing has 80,000 hr battery life

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No i have not used this, but dust cover movable by finger is new to me..

In INSAS once its placed similar as AKM, Its not movable at all..
Sir, aimpoint you posted had that cover for lens, which can be open by flick of fingure. I am out of town or i would have posted pics. Nothing special about it, but it does help lens in long run.
Now a days you can get same with sun guard. It is cool addition and protection to your optics.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Izhmash Rifles are coming with Rails over dust cover..

---------------------
---------------------

AK-12.

With a Ugly butt..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Izhmash Rifles are coming with Rails over dust cover..

---------------------
---------------------

AK-12.

With a Ugly butt..
for me the whole gun is ugly and crap and it is nothing comparedd to the classic looks of the old akm .Any way whats with the butt?is it the similar stuff that are seen in the so called new gen rifles like cz805 and beretta arx160?Hope this weapon will good fortunes to the already bankrupt ishmaz whose earlier products like AK100X series weapons didn't find much buyers in the international market.
Is the height of the cheek rest adjustable coz the butt seems to be very low in height.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles