Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
As far as I know, there are no problems with wz.96 Beryl reliability, it's typical for AK family. There are some issues with ergonomics but these are just there because it's ancestor is AK, in fact compared to AK it's ergonomics are improved. Range and accuracy will be typical for good quality AK's in 5,56x45mm calliber.

It is generally liked weapon in Polish Army, but the age of design is clearly visible, modernization potential is close to none, and this is why MSBS-5,56 is in development.
Pls shed more light on the matter that there is littlle modernization potential on AK family of weapons.Even after the release of AK12 there wasmany who complained about it sighting it is not a 21st century rifle whis is unfittable into the league oof scar,cz805 etc.
Also wasn't the VZ58 a balanced weapon considering its ergonomics ?

Damian

I do not know if I can shed more light here. My area of interest are armored fighting vehicles, not small arms. I hold wz.96 in hands, but it was I think 2 or 3 years ago, do not remember much from that event.

IMHO You should ask perhaps REMOV on MP.Net, or soemone else who is better aknowledged with small arms.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

This is the version OFB producing..
Kunal I think you had got the wrong pics I think.COz. 1-Just look at the magazine catch of the Ak it is a rectangled one which is a unique one found only in original type III Russian Ak47 and Bulgarian AKM.No other Ak has this type receivers which rectangular mag catches. If iam correct the Ak7 which was showcased in drdo exhibition didn't had such mag catches . Plus the side folding stock they came with the new Bulgarian Akms .We could see lot of that with the Delhi police foces . Also the. black plastic foregrip it is only found in Ak100 series and Bulgarian akms. Also the pistol grip is found to be too western. The furniture in ofb Ak7 doesn't was black nor had that cuts for grip. Also the August editio of geopolitics depicts about the new version of Bulgarian Akms imported by Indian forces ie M7 or M9 model which matches the descriptions of the above rifle. Actually I wonder whether the ofb made weapon had went to full scale production coz even after the drdo unveiling the Ak7 MHA had imported 29000 Bulgarian ones meant for crpf,ItBP and SSB.In addition to that there was import in small quantities for various police forces following the. Mumbai attack.This is in addition to the initial order of 64000 ones.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I am not sure what you trying to tell..

Do you have the picture of AK7 you talking about ? afaik AK7 in black existed Since 2004, Imported Bulgarian only started to arrive early as late 2007 in small numbers..

mikhail

Country flag
I am not sure what you trying to tell..

Do you have the picture of AK7 you talking about ? afaik AK7 in black existed Since 2004, Imported Bulgarian only started to arrive early as late 2007 in small numbers..
sir this OFB made AK-47 and the Bulgarian Arsenal made AKM looks same.what i mean is that the barrel,the magazine all look so same in both these rifles.the oly difference is that the OFB made AK-47 has a foldable butt and the bulgarian one has got a fixed butt.so is there any real difference between the capabilities of these two rifles?i mean accuracy,range,reliability,service life etc.and is it possible that our OFB is license manufacturing the Bulgarian made AKMs?sir please shed some light in this matter and thanks in advance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
OFB is making such Rifles with Modifications of its own on it since 2005-12..

The Rifles comes in both fixed and folded butt stocks..

Both Rifles are same there is no change in preform-ace and other characteristics..

------------------------------------------

Me hold OFB made Black AK back in 2007, The Rifle was issued to 9th para and i had the opportunity to take a pic with it as it was very unique rifle in those days..

This Rifle is also Unique and not same as Bulgarian One, It had Gas regulator at front over gas tube, This was not in any other AK even today..

OFB removed it later, Since then OFB made lots of modifications on this Rifle, You cannot distinguished them unless you hold them and look for the markings..

sir this OFB made AK-47 and the Bulgarian Arsenal made AKM looks same.what i mean is that the barrel,the magazine all look so same in both these rifles.the oly difference is that the OFB made AK-47 has a foldable butt and the bulgarian one has got a fixed butt.so is there any real difference between the capabilities of these two rifles?i mean accuracy,range,reliability,service life etc.and is it possible that our OFB is license manufacturing the Bulgarian made AKMs?sir please shed some light in this matter and thanks in advance.

mikhail

Country flag
OFB is making such Rifles with Modifications of its own on it since 2005-12..

The Rifles comes in both fixed and folded butt stocks..

Both Rifles are same there is no change in preform-ace and other characteristics..

Me hold OFB made Black AK back in 2007, The Rifle was issued to 9th para and i had the opportunity to take a pic with it as it was very unique rifle in those days..

This Rifle is also Unique and not same as Bulgarian One, It had Gas regulator at front over gas tube, This was not in any other AK even today..

OFB removed it later, Since then OFB made lots of modifications on this Rifle, You cannot distinguished them unless you hold them and look for the markings..
sir another question,is the picatiny rail comes as an accessory with the OFB made AKM or is it has to be ordered differently and is it possible to equip our OFB AKMs with MARS red dot lines?thanks in advance!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
No, it is not included but few units of RR elites use P-rail attachment on AKM for thermal sights, Though if one wanted P-RAIL he can get his own from his own pocket and use it with special permission..

The officer pay from his own pocket for both the attachment and the Red dot sight with is ecotech here, One can also mount MARs or any other he can..

==============================

If this version is available to Army, It would be much better to mount dedicated AK design Mount with P-RAIL or Just what available with the scope :

sir another question,is the picatiny rail comes as an accessory with the OFB made AKM or is it has to be ordered differently and is it possible to equip our OFB AKMs with MARS red dot lines?thanks in advance!