Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
that's 6.8mm Remington one and it's originally from Amreeka, it's quite old from around 2005 times;
and Remington still holds rights military version of said ammo
already covered in past
Maybe ARDE can play with the material and do some testing to bring the optimum design. But Army settles for 7.62x39mm for now.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Well it's good for small & short duration engagements however not for RR. Due to shorter barrel, the 7.62 powder burning is inefficient and recoil is much sharper (can't be trusted under stressful CQB conditions). Accuracy is another issue that sucks for baby TAR. But the biggest problem is the temperature that handguards attain after prolonged firing. The average engagement time of RR sometimes goes even beyond 24 hrs.
It may be used by CAPF, CRPF, Police and special units.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Well it's good for small & short duration engagements however not for RR. Due to shorter barrel, the 7.62 powder burning is inefficient and recoil is much sharper (can't be trusted under stressful CQB conditions). Accuracy is another issue that sucks for baby TAR. But the biggest problem is the temperature that handguards attain after prolonged firing. The average engagement time of RR sometimes goes even beyond 24 hrs.
It may be used by CAPF, CRPF, Police and special units.
Actually, you get very decent velocity with 7.62 out of short barrels also. I think this can be a substitute for carbines in service, and the planned 5.56 carbine.

Whitecollar

Country flag
The Ruskis have already milked us enough for the 203. Getting license manufacturing of 204 will be another expensive ordeal. BTW, OFB did create a successful Arsenal AK clone named TAR. What's stopping them from doing further R&D and creating an entire family of 7.62 and 5.56 rifles around it?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The Ruskis have already milked us enough for the 203. Getting license manufacturing of 204 will be another expensive ordeal. BTW, OFB did create a successful Arsenal AK clone named TAR. What's stopping them from doing further R&D and creating an entire family of 7.62 and 5.56 rifles around it?
Actually TARs are mediocre compared with Ak104s due to the shorter barrel length.Though 7.62 is not that bad on krink barrels compared with 5.56, it fares better in Ak104 platforms.

jai jaganath

Country flag
If someone has any questions or confusions or ideas or anything regarding any topic of firearms, feel free to ask me in the next ten days.

Whatsoever it is, I'll try my best to explain...for the very last time.
🙂
Woh sab chodo app pehle discord join karo
Apne Kiya hai kya ?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
If someone has any questions or confusions or ideas or anything regarding any topic of firearms, feel free to ask me in the next ten days.

Whatsoever it is, I'll try my best to explain...for the very last time.
🙂
Come to defense forum bharat , it's up running mow

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Why some manufacturers choose picatingye or any other hand guard than mlok, latter is lighter, from a novice perspective looks more versatile too.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Why some manufacturers choose picatingye or any other hand guard than mlok, latter is lighter, from a novice perspective looks more versatile too.
There's are primarily two reasons for it.

1. M-Lok is free to use, yet a proprietary design of Magpul. Each and every M-Lok you see has been authorised by Magpul to be use on the condition that the M-Lok logo will be used on it.
Screenshot_2024-07-01-13-04-49-00_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

So companies try to avoid this whole communication all together.

2. Switching to M-Lok means ordering additional Picatinny rail sections so that the existing Picatinny accesories can be used...the armies (read Indian Army) are sometimes bit reluctant for this change and simply want something that can be used without any adoption.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles