Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaboom

Country flag
If you listen to that retard on twitter you should probably stop.
He is right in this case tough
This is a DD clone made by a Paki company called “New Royal Arms Company” .
https://silahreport.com/2020/07/27/ar15-rifles-from-khyber-pakhtunkhwa-based-royal-arms-company/

Pretty good compared to the limited machining and metallurgy capability of the small company , compared to a giant that can't even make a decent consistent clone of Browning Hi Power.

SKC

Country flag
Dont understand the hate this gun is getting!
Doesn't even look half bad of what people proclaiming it to be.

Fit and Finish is much better and upto date.

That gun is made by Denel not by Tribels from KP.
Also the replica guns made there are not using the same metals and alloys as the original makers and they burst on your face all the time.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Also the replica guns made there are not using the same metals and alloys as the original makers and they burst on your face all the time.
Finish is not of 21st century standards.

Spindrift

This is the reason:

1704903514415.jpeg

This is a PCP air pistol made by an Indian guy with just a cnc machine. further details are at https://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29229.

Compare this to the stuff churned out of the IOF babus who have access to all the latest and greatest manufacturing tech.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

oh i wanted to reply to lots of posts, particularly some posters outright calling it 'MCIWS se utha ke banaya' despite MCIWS clearly being an AR fork while this one is based on AK and all...but then seeing that many guys in both forum and the twitter // SM are criticising it for just sake of it...i got that feel like it's simply not worth breaking my sweat over it

when that base carbine by ARDE came out in 5.56mm many were similarly criticizing it in same breath and i had to post it in length that how despite all expectations to get an AR-15 reincarnate and getting disappointed over what they were getting in ARDE's carbine it was still a huge improvement...

This was made as an potential replacement for dem 9mm Sterling "Carbines" ( irl SMGs) so if armed forces procure it then definitely it's an helluwa upgrade anyway,and it was designed by ARDE not OFB,
and you're forgetting the most important upgrade in terms of design part that's INSAS finally getting a sectional-receiver (similar to SG540//SG550 series), that too in a milled receiver so we can expect some good reliability here,
as for,
> Spot Welded sights
what's the issue when they are mounted on steady platform with newly designed sectional receiver unlike previous ones based on INSAS where they were mounted on hinged top cover ? even JVPC has got similar welded sights on its top sectional receiver,
and remember we don't have optics as standard issue thing here so operator need to have a basic iron sights set to aim with, I don't see any problem here.
> Disjointed Picatiny Rail
Again this is meant for CQB role, and whatever is given here on top is enough for combining a holographic sight and small Trijcon style (hinged) scope for short to mid-range engadments, i don't find much issue here either.

> non ergonomic stock, no picatinny rail for foregrip or grenade launcher/flashlight
Same stock is there on Amogh,INSAS Excalibur's Mk.1 iteration etc, so are grip on Amogh,Ghaatak etc
and if it works for them it'd work here as well

As for pica rails on 3/6/9 just look carefully on handguards re

View attachment 62428

There aren't intergrated rails on 3/6/9 positions but they indeed have provided mounts for it to screw rail sections etc as per requirement, guess something better than nothing.
As for grenade launcher we don't know if it could take standard ARDE 40mm UBGL under it after removal of that handguard or not, let's see but yeah maybe they could've done something about it.

>no muzzle device options
Again that's a threaded flash hider on it, directly taken from FNC pattern one and if they need they can remove it and put any other muzzle device on it having same thread pitch,
so such things aren't offered doesn't mean it cannot be done here.

>questionable QC
Yeah maybe this is a point where i have no disagreements with you,
but in terms of design i don't find much issues raised by you keeping the background of intended role (as replacement of Sterling SMG) and design of the firearm in mind.
most of points made in this post still holds for this Ughram rifle

overall my POV regarding desi rifles will always be based around INSAS, my message to everyone who's criticizing it for just sake of it needs to remember that we have LAKHS of those INSASes around every armed branch, be it Army or Paramilitary or even Police Forces, perhaps only rivaled by plethora of Kalashnikovs in numbers - so whatever criticism you might be having should be based around that thing, OUR SOLDIERS ARE VASTLY TRAINED AROUND INSAS AND AKs SO THAT ALSO PLAYS A HUGE PART IN SELECTING A SMALL ARM IN HUGE NUMBERS

and I consider ARDE 5.56mm Carbine and now this Ughram rifle as further evolution of INSAS line only because they are desi Kalashnikov pattern rifles at the core; and if it is even slightly better than INSAS it's good enough for me...

besides this is not 'the end' of Ughram's story yet, ARDE and all are still getting prototypes manufactured from some L1 and if there's still some window of improvement we may very well see it further getting revised, so for now best we could do about it is having a bit patience; if MSMC could evolve so much through time to become JVPC and so, this is quite early for us to conclude

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
oh i wanted to reply to lots of posts, particularly some posters outright calling it 'MCIWS se utha ke banaya' despite MCIWS clearly being an AR fork while this one is based on AK and all...but then seeing that many guys in both forum and the twitter // SM are criticising it for just sake of it...i got that feel like it's simply not worth breaking my sweat over it

when that base carbine by ARDE came out in 5.56mm many were similarly criticizing it in same breath and i had to post it in length that how despite all expectations to get an AR-15 reincarnate and getting disappointed over what they were getting in ARDE's carbine it was still a huge improvement...

most of points made in this post still holds for this Ughram rifle

overall my POV regarding desi rifles will always be based around INSAS, my message to everyone who's criticizing it for just sake of it needs to remember that we have LAKHS of those INSASes around every armed branch, be it Army or Paramilitary or even Police Forces, perhaps only rivaled by plethora of Kalashnikovs in numbers - so whatever criticism you might be having should be based around that thing, OUR SOLDIERS ARE VASTLY TRAINED AROUND INSAS AND AKs SO THAT ALSO PLAYS A HUGE PART IN SELECTING A SMALL ARM IN HUGE NUMBERS

and I consider ARDE 5.56mm Carbine and now this Ughram rifle as further evolution of INSAS line only because they are desi Kalashnikov pattern rifles at the core; and if it is even slightly better than INSAS it's good enough for me...

besides this is not 'the end' of Ughram's story yet, ARDE and all are still getting prototypes manufactured from some L1 and if there's still some window of improvement we may very well see it further getting revised, so for now best we could do about it is having a bit patience; if MSMC could evolve so much through time to become JVPC and so, this is quite early for us to conclude
Some excellent points you made and made me think too maybe it will evolve into something better one day my only gripe was atleast have sss or some other company have a go at the design too as L2 as they said they also had plans for this gun and they were L2 too and they are actually a firearm company so that might be a plus point but anyway ur right from msmc to jvpc now let this start it's journey too.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
only gripe was atleast have sss or some other company have a go at the design too as L2 as they said they also had plans for this gun and they were L2 too and they are actually a firearm company so that might be a plus point
Yes but bhai who stops them to make their own rifle similar to this? Sarkar thodi na gala daba dengi unka agar ispe se "inspiration" le kar apna khud ka fork nikal ke offer karenge toh? Sarkari Agenciyo ne khud toh SIG540//SIG550 ko base bana kar isko develop kara hai...woh bhi kar le...agar Sarkari Agenciyo ne INSAS wala charging handle thusa hai toh yeh AR-15 wala daal de ya seedha SIG550 jaise hi reciprocal wala daal kar 'rubber curtains' se charging handle slot ko dhankne ka arrangement kar de...karne ko toh bahut kuchh ho sakata hai
SSSD ke paas toh ab AR-15 wala maal aa gya hai toh 7.62 NATO ka fork banane me kitni der? Yeh bhen ka lomda porkshitstain ka POF saalaa AR-15 based 7.62 NATO rifle bana sakta hai, fir AR aur G3 design ko mixed kar ke apna naya battle rifle bana sakta hai toh aisa sab karne se apne walo ko kaun rokta hai bhai...inko bhi toh starting me prototypes hi banane hai fir agar bhaav milta hai toh aage badhe agar nahi milta toh waise bhi show-off karne ke liye bhi kaam ho jaaega naa...

yeh lo me apna idea deta hu yeh Ughram se kya kar sakate hai Sarkari Agenciyo ko takkar dene ke liye,
ARDE walo ne itna dimag ghissa aur 5.56mm Carbine banayi, 6.8x43mm ki assault rifle banayi aur 7.62x51mm me battle rifle banayi yeh Ughram, par ab tak 7.62x39mm AK fork nahi nikala hai, toh chalo ab banao yeh bhi, AK-203 ko seedha kante ki takkar dene ke liye

(i usually try to avoid writing Hindi in roman alphabets par yeh itna common sense ka baat thaa ki isko angrezi me raant ne ka mann nahi kara mera aur eenthi me typing ka itna experience nahi hain toh karna pada)

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This looks better prototype than what was shown in that public release, anyways they should try to make that adjustable AR pattern buttstock foldable too, then it'll be almost perfect.
Agar kuchh 'innovative' karne ka mann kare woh babulogo ko toh verticle picatiny rail section daal kae picatiny-mounted-buttstock wala experiment bhi kar sakate hai waise bhi prototyping toh karr hi rhe hai...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles