Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This is how Ugram rifle can be expected to perform, i think.

also, a better quality picture from internet than that matchbox-sized pic that sent people in frenzy
1704916628310.png

frankly speaking, it looks ok to me, one thing they have added which was not noticed in previous pic due to smaller size and quality,is fire selector stop so it doesn't overturn...must be result of some user feedback as this is first time ever I'm seeing desi rifle being featured with one.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
yeh lo me apna idea deta hu yeh Ughram se kya kar sakate hai Sarkari Agenciyo ko takkar dene ke liye,
ARDE walo ne itna dimag ghissa aur 5.56mm Carbine banayi, 6.8x43mm ki assault rifle banayi aur 7.62x51mm me battle rifle banayi yeh Ughram, par ab tak 7.62x39mm AK fork nahi nikala hai, toh chalo ab banao yeh bhi, AK-203 ko seedha kante ki takkar dene ke liye
1704920626004.png

Yeh lo mene 15 minute me woh kar diya jo ARDE ko karna chahiye, ab koi OFB/AWEIL, DRDO ya ARDE ka sarkari babu isko dekh le aur apna dimag ka batti jala kar kaam par lag jaae toh bhala ho is desh ka jinko basic AK rifle ke liye ruusiyo ko ghus deni padd rhi hai *cough AK-203 cough amethi wala faketory*

Twinblade

Country flag
Ugram isn't so horrible. Just needs a sturdy aluminium handguard with mloks, Sr-25 magazine compatibility with ambi mag release and bolt hold open. Front post sight needs to be flip up type on full length handguard and there should be an adjustable gas block.

SKC

Country flag
Finish is not of 21st century standards.
This is the reason:

View attachment 235833

This is a PCP air pistol made by an Indian guy with just a cnc machine. further details are at https://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29229.

Compare this to the stuff churned out of the IOF babus who have access to all the latest and greatest manufacturing tech.
From the pics I don't see any particularly bad fit and finish in the gun!
Ofcourse no US and European grade but not bad either!

How did you guys reach this conclusion so quickly?

SKC

Country flag
This is how Ugram rifle can be expected to perform, i think.

also, a better quality picture from internet than that matchbox-sized pic that sent people in frenzy
View attachment 235844
frankly speaking, it looks ok to me, one thing they have added which was not noticed in previous pic due to smaller size and quality,is fire selector stop so it doesn't overturn...must be result of some user feedback as this is first time ever I'm seeing desi rifle being featured with one.
Built quality in this pic really looks great!

From the pics I don't see any particularly bad fit and finish in the gun!
Ofcourse no US and European grade but not bad either!

How did you guys reach this conclusion so quickly?

kaboom

Country flag
Source ?
Matlab kuch bhi
I have literally read somewhere that we have made complete payment for AK-203 but Russians not able to get it due to sanctions and we will not leave it just like that
AK-203 is reality
Production issues will be sorted
I wont be surprised if it is true ..
speaking of problems , we have been sorting them out for the past 3 years already

jai jaganath

Country flag
I wont be surprised if it is true ..
speaking of problems , we have been sorting them out for the past 3 years already
See if we hadn't paid and no clearance would have been given them dropping would hav been an option but clearance is given we will do it at any cost
Similarly S-400 3 regiments are present and payment done respectively but clearance has been given for 5
Deliveries have stopped and focus on indigenous development has increased but we haven't let that issue down we are still trying to solve it and will solve that one too
My personal opinion basically
We are very money sensitive nation and will do anything for it
And pls don't give me bad news anymore I am devastated by constant bad news with no positive one
Everytime thinking nothing can go bad than this but God prove me wrong both in defence and my life

Global Defence

Articles