Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Modified SVDs with new optics are way better than Sigs
There was really no need to get Sigs for DMR role when we could update the SVD
1676444736979.png

1676444744652.png

But what do I know, Army calls Sig-716 an "Assault Rifle" :bplease:

Wah wah Ishapore rifle in 7.62 has too much recoil.
Inducts Sigs anyway :troll:

Wants to replace SVDs with cutting edge super rifle 716
Gives them Red Dots
🤡

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Modified SVDs with new optics are way better than Sigs
And why they're not...

1. Low availability of 7.62x54R ammo; only a handful of PKs and SVDs are there.
2. Limited ammo option in 7.62x54R; in case of 7.62x51mm you can get everything from frangible to Very Low Drag ammo.
3. A short-stroke piston, no matter how accurate can never beat DI.
4. Better mid-life support; even small firms can provide AR parts.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Even the cost of a single piece in Gun stores are less than this.Plus at this rate we could have got either M4s with Socom kit and a decent optic or Ak104 with Fab kits plus optics.Defenitely corruption
Sold under 1000 dollars to IDF while 1500-1800 dollars in market . they are being made in India by PLR Adani I think.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I seriously hope he later releases the episodes on youtube or elsewhere later where it is easier to watch, since the app fucking sucks ballz - tried it on two different smartphones within my reach and both time it threw some chutiya error 600xx something huh and screen would remain black

and this was happening on other streaming material as well so i left one star and complained about it in reviews and uninstalled it

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Since we're discussing on DRDO- ARDE projects , I assume that this has never been uploaded before
What surprised me the most is their MG projects , they changed the Upp receivers on LMG and Mag58 . Looks like it reduced weight significantly compared to when we last saw them and they slapped a handguard on LMG . Ambitious, imo . Let's see what Sandeep Unninathan sir can provide us with

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
I seriously hope he later releases the episodes on youtube or elsewhere later where it is easier to watch, since the app fucking sucks ballz - tried it on two different smartphones within my reach and both time it threw some chutiya error 600xx something huh and screen would remain black

and this was happening on other streaming material as well so i left one star and complained about it in reviews and uninstalled it

In Laptop browser (edge) it was running fine. Just explained JVPC and Carbine and he was stating both of them are branch of same project by Army. Long time back they split the carbine deal into two
1. Personnel Defense Carbine
2. Army CQB Carbine.

While the first one becomes the JVPC and second one becomes the ARDE CQB Carbine. JVPC was in use with CRPF, State Police and NSG. Meanwhile CQB is waiting for his fate.

But Chairman of SAF, Kanpur is dead as wood. Man was so uninspiring when he was talking. He was sure that they will get the CQB contract this time.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
What surprised me the most is their MG projects , they changed the Upp receivers on LMG and Mag58 . Looks like it reduced weight significantly compared to when we last saw them and they slapped a handguard on LMG . Ambitious, imo . Let's see what Sandeep Unninathan sir can provide us with
Actually it's the same; be it sight or picatinny rail or the strengthening ribs or welding... everything from Barrett's M240LW
img_6346-tfb.jpg

Spadex

Country flag
Pakistan made Master copy of glock 19 gen 4 with terrorists. They also got suppressors

You can buy a higher quality copy for 10,000 INR or as low as 5000 inr for poorly made copy

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
In Laptop browser (edge) it was running fine. Just explained JVPC and Carbine and he was stating both of them are branch of same project by Army. Long time back they split the carbine deal into two
1. Personnel Defense Carbine
2. Army CQB Carbine.

While the first one becomes the JVPC and second one becomes the ARDE CQB Carbine. JVPC was in use with CRPF, State Police and NSG. Meanwhile CQB is waiting for his fate.

But Chairman of SAF, Kanpur is dead as wood. Man was so uninspiring when he was talking. He was sure that they will get the CQB contract this time.
Also there are some wrong technical details. One time he mentioned that the CQB is Direct Impingement weapon like an AK 47.
I saw the episodes but i found his earlier you tube videos more informative and effective than these ones.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
And why they're not...

1. Low availability of 7.62x54R ammo; only a handful of PKs and SVDs are there.
2. Limited ammo option in 7.62x54R; in case of 7.62x51mm you can get everything from frangible to Very Low Drag ammo.
3. A short-stroke piston, no matter how accurate can never beat DI.
4. Better mid-life support; even small firms can provide AR parts.
We could convert the SVDs into 7.62×51. Kits are available, Norinco did it out of the factory. Izhmash makes this civilian variant chambered for .308
They are good rifles and it feels like a waste retiring them.
Private firms like SSS and Evitar who are offering SVD furniture and new chrome lined barrels could do the conversion.
1676726493315.png

Lonewarrior

Country flag
We could convert the SVDs into 7.62×51. Kits are available, Norinco did it out of the factory. Izhmash makes this civilian variant chambered for .308
They are good rifles and it feels like a waste retiring them.
Private firms like SSS and Evitar who are offering SVD furniture and new chrome lined barrels could do the conversion.
View attachment 194170
And that would bring us to the famous Paradox of Ship to Theseus

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles