Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
thats not an abomination, its a pretty good optic and is pretty based for the marcos to use.
While it is good for its era, it’s weight (1.25kg including the mount) compared to modern optics is very high. Elcan Spectre (0.6kg), ACOG (0.3kg), Mepro X4 (0.49kg). Even I disagree with calling it an abomination.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This may seem absurd but well IA uses Dragunov as their standard issue semi-automatic ;sniper rifle; and those ones apparently come with bayonet

1667599066897.png

1667599054452.png

oh and of course those SLRs with scopes on them, SLR plus bayonet combination is well known
1667599869110.png

1667599878633.png

Guess they probably based their requirements with keeping DMR-ish training and usage in mind but in long way it shows their lack of understanding of modern firearms-weaponry-tactics 🤷‍♂️

disbanding dedicated sniper training (even a school that was established for same 🤷‍♂️ ) was among the biggest mistake committed by the army here

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
This may seem absurd but well IA uses Dragunov as their standard issue semi-automatic ;sniper rifle; and those ones apparently come with bayonet

View attachment 180398
View attachment 180397

oh and of course those SLRs with scopes on them, SLR plus bayonet combination is well known
View attachment 180399
View attachment 180400

Guess they probably based their requirements with keeping DMR-ish training and usage in mind but in long way it shows their lack of understanding of modern firearms-weaponry-tactics 🤷‍♂️

disbanding dedicated sniper training (even a school that was established for same 🤷‍♂️ ) was among the biggest mistake committed by the army here
Didn't they start new sniper courses from last year now ? And I didn't knew they disbanded sniper school what could be the reason seems like a brain-dead dicision

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
First thing the army needs to understand is a Sniper Rifle is a precision tool and can’t be mass manufactured. Same thing for training a proper marksman, the course has to proper and meticulous, you just can’t churn them in the 1000s.
Don’t get me started on the requirement of Bayonets. Still stuck in the Dragunov era as pointed by @Johny_Baba on the Small Arms thread.
Also absurd for a firearms manufacturer to supply the ammunitions for the gun themselves as this is a very less common thing for a firearms manufacturer to also manufacture ammunition or have a sister concern who manufacturers ammunition. They usually partner with a ammunition manufacturer but I don’t know whether MoD will accept that.
Another issue is the lack of match grade ammunition which has to be addressed by the Army either locally or through imports. No point buying a high grade firearm if you are going to use low grade ammunition.
I wanted to say a lot but meh 😒
imma just give some suggestions for now, and like most of my such pointers it'll go to waste but anyway
-> the key to crack ammo supply issue lies with CBC of Brazil, which apparently owns some Czech and German brands that make that .338 Lapua Magnum there, and since they already have a partnership with SSS Defense guys here just pitch them for supplying ammo, for god's sake
-> as for the rifles, DRDO already making their .338 Lapua Rifle, just put it through test and if it works then be done with that
and if not DRDO's then those SSS Defense guys already are pitching their Saber rifle so hard
-> as for DMR, bhest solution to this problem is this,
1667652050354.png

^just make a 7.62 NATO DMR out of this and replace every serving Dragunov with it, and as for precision grade ammo, OFB's older era website did mention it that we used to make ;marksman; grade ammo in 7.62 NATO calibre
just fucking start using it with DMR-ised version of this ? besides it's got a bayonet lug as they asked for it in past 😒

Global Defence

New threads

Articles