Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Handguard and muzzle device used on their rifles seems to be different than the ones we use.
View attachment 164846

And is isn’t it keymod? Do we have keymod compatible accessories?
View attachment 164847
35dcf24f601840fda6215076a70779a0.jpg

It's pretty much the same rifle except; ours are early production and theirs are later productions.
With time SIG Sauer has ditched KeyMod in favour of M-Lok. Also there are few changes in handguard attachment.

No, as of now we don't even have standard issue accessories, let alone M-Lok vs KeyMod

ManhattanProject

Country flag
View attachment 164848
It's pretty much the same rifle except; ours are early production and theirs are later productions.
With time SIG Sauer has ditched KeyMod in favour of M-Lok. Also there are few changes in handguard attachment.

No, as of now we don't even have standard issue accessories, let alone M-Lok vs KeyMod
Looks like it has a monolithic Top rail.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Looks like it has a monolithic Top rail.
@Lonewarrior cant we just put p rails over m-lok or keymod? Sorry my understanding was that we could simply put a p rail where you want to put in a key mod or m-lok instead of full length quad rails thus reducing the weight .. if i am wrong please explain how things are set up on a M-lok or keymod..Also read recently that M-loks are better than Keymods

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Lonewarrior cant we just put p rails over m-lok or keymod? Sorry my understanding was that we could simply put a p rail where you want to put in a key mod or m-lok instead of full length quad rails thus reducing the weight .. if i am wrong please explain how things are set up on a M-lok or keymod..Also read recently that M-loks are better than Keymods
Too much to answer. Okay, so here we go.

M-Lok vs KeyMod
The only area where KeyMod beats M-Lok (by negligible margin) is zero retention or repeatability; means each time you remove and add a sighting device on KeyMod it will point almost exactly to the previous point.
Other than that, M-Lok shines in almost all areas.

Now coming to "monolithic rail", it's just a marketing gimmick aimed at Mall Ninjas.
Coz from a real world operators point of view let's see how much space you need
1. Fore grip, 6 o'clock 1-4 inches
2. Flashlight/Illuminator, 9 o'clock 2-4 inches
3. Laser, 3 o'clock 2-3 inches
4. Sights, 12 o'clock 3-10 inches (3 if you use a single red dot type sight, 5-6 if red dot and magnifier combo and 10 if you use a telescopic sight)

Other than that you don't need any rail. And the whole point of negative attachment system (M-Lok and KeyMod) was to remove as much weight as possible from the rails. So that you can mount a single 3 inch rail wherever you want instead of having a long monolithic rail.

Mangal

Country flag
It's now have been almost 3 years since the amethi factory was inaugurated WTF is happening with this deal ?
Saheb log took 15 years to decide which rifles to use. Came up with brilliant idea of multiple calliber and multiple guns. Now even that can't be executed. Carbine deal also seems to be forgotten, AK 203 is also seems to be in limbo, For sig only God knows what's going to actually happen.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Saheb log took 15 years to decide which rifles to use. Came up with brilliant idea of multiple calliber and multiple guns. Now even that can't be executed. Carbine deal also seems to be forgotten, AK 203 is also seems to be in limbo, For sig only God knows what's going to actually happen.
Kya hoga. Insas chalega
Photo ops ke liye sig 716 hai hi
Afterall rifuls kcuh nai karti himmat or jazba to jawanon me hota hai

Mangal

Country flag
Kya hoga. Insas chalega
Photo ops ke liye sig 716 hai hi
Afterall rifuls kcuh nai karti himmat or jazba to jawanon me hota hai
This is the basic weapon of a Jawan. There life depends upon it. Their confidence over the weapon platform is an important factor in a skirmish.
The delays in decision making only shows how much they are valued.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
This is the basic weapon of a Jawan. There life depends upon it. Their confidence over the weapon platform is an important factor in a skirmish.
The delays in decision making only shows how much they are valued.
They are not valued , and yet surpasses any type of empire which had ever ruled india .
Infact indian jawans were most well equipped during the raj only , in my opinion

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
It's now have been almost 3 years since the amethi factory was inaugurated WTF is happening with this deal ?

Some major activities are going in Amethi Factory which I heard from top ranking officials.
1. OFB folks are working day and night polishing the machine with wax to maintain pristine condition.
2. Dedicated team to remove cobwebs regularly.
3. Switching on machines to check whether it is running fine.
4. Quality check on Canteen for good food.
5. Factory inspection every day to check whether the building is not in dilapidated condition.

Once the Russian Ukraine ends production will start but Uncle SAM will put some sanctions. Till then all the above 5 points will be followed diligently.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles