Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
North eastern state police have acog in numbers are you 100 cent sure it's fake bez I don't think so
I know it's funny to look so deep into this minor detail, but that's how it works

It's an original ACOG
ACOG-5d540fbf1b97b-157-1565790143_1200_476_c1_c_t_0_0_.jpg

Most obvious is how the font is an integral part of the housing molding. You can barely read it from a distance. Though faint, but in that pic you can get an idea that it's not this subtle; it's been etched by laser.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 152396
Apologies for posting such a sad image🙁.
The Sterling’s must be replaced ASAP with JVPC or Amogh (both 5.56x30mm) or ARDE CQB Carbine (5.56x45mm) or if they really want to stick with the 9mm round, then atleast the ASMI.
i dunno if it's just a thing with Navies (and related units) around the world or what,to be ;differently abled; (hope you get what i'm trying to say with this jibe)

i mean if you look at the USMC, they opted for full length M16A4 in safe-semi-burst config and later M27 = roughly equivalent of short stroke gas piston system mid length HK416 derived equivalent of AR,
before that they were using M14 and M16A2+other AR derivatives mixup things,

French naval units decided to go ahead with FAMAS G2 which fed from STANAG pattern magazines than there common FAMAS F1 patten ones, also it's said to be improved etc but F1 was standard there, so yeah

Japanese Navy Maritime Self Defense Force kept using Type 64 that was mostly put in reserves-storage-trainings etc by other branches, but finally they also switched to Type 89,

^^^but in these cases here at least there was a gradual upgrades-modernisation etc even if a bit later than their main fighting branches,
ours is just...
at first they were given two options, conventional Amogh and uzi-like semi-bullpup (then known as) MSMC,
they rejected MSMC and *just didn't adopt to Amogh that much* 🤷‍♂️ even Coast Guard is better equipped than these guys here with Sterlings in hands...
Sterling "9mm Carbine" (meh, desi terminologies) has been reason for numerous accidents-loss of lives due to its open bolt construction that's prone to malfunctions-misfires and yet...

*meanwhile someone starts larp of REEEEEEE 5.56X30MM BAD AMOGH BAD HURR DURR*
STFU RETARD!

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
View attachment 152396
Apologies for posting such a sad image🙁.
The Sterling’s must be replaced ASAP with JVPC or Amogh (both 5.56x30mm) or ARDE CQB Carbine (5.56x45mm) or if they really want to stick with the 9mm round, then atleast the ASMI.
@Angel of War , rudy this is what I meant yesterday about sub standard equipment.
I know i know its navy , but you see they still use ww2 era junk.

Angel of War

Country flag
@Angel of War , rudy this is what I meant yesterday about sub standard equipment.
I know i know its navy , but you see they still use ww2 era junk.
Sterling guns ? Yes they are still around here in infantry battalions . But not all of weapons designed in WW2 are junk . M2 browning for example ?

Angel of War

Country flag
We use mostly use nsv for that role mate , we use browning also though
Brownings are used along LoC . There are pictures as well of indian army troops using browning at LoC alongside NSVs salvaged from T72s . They are sector level weapons . Normal infantry battalions in our army don't have HMGs . Their role is filled by AGLs and MGLs

Angel of War

Country flag
i dunno if it's just a thing with Navies (and related units) around the world or what,to be ;differently abled; (hope you get what i'm trying to say with this jibe)

i mean if you look at the USMC, they opted for full length M16A4 in safe-semi-burst config and later M27 = roughly equivalent of short stroke gas piston system mid length HK416 derived equivalent of AR,
before that they were using M14 and M16A2+other AR derivatives mixup things,

French naval units decided to go ahead with FAMAS G2 which fed from STANAG pattern magazines than there common FAMAS F1 patten ones, also it's said to be improved etc but F1 was standard there, so yeah

Japanese Navy Maritime Self Defense Force kept using Type 64 that was mostly put in reserves-storage-trainings etc by other branches, but finally they also switched to Type 89,

^^^but in these cases here at least there was a gradual upgrades-modernisation etc even if a bit later than their main fighting branches,
ours is just...
at first they were given two options, conventional Amogh and uzi-like semi-bullpup (then known as) MSMC,
they rejected MSMC and *just didn't adopt to Amogh that much* 🤷‍♂️ even Coast Guard is better equipped than these guys here with Sterlings in hands...
Sterling "9mm Carbine" (meh, desi terminologies) has been reason for numerous accidents-loss of lives due to its open bolt construction that's prone to malfunctions-misfires and yet...

*meanwhile someone starts larp of REEEEEEE 5.56X30MM BAD AMOGH BAD HURR DURR*
STFU RETARD!
I always wonder if navy even needs advanced small arms ? Except for Marcos ofcourse , they do need the best

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I always wonder if navy even needs advanced small arms ? Except for Marcos ofcourse , they do need the best
VBSS is a naval fighting unit so maybe yeah they need guns? that too close quarter battle compatible ones due to the kind of things they do,
but advanced... Sterling is not advanced; but it's not even basic, 'specially in this age and time,
it's just flintstones version=primitive tier submachine gun that we're still using because OFB got license+ToT of that and we made shit tones of these and still we've plenty of them lying around...so army-armed forces just kept using it (otoh kept bitching for a replacement ;5.56mm carbine; but each and every time those things just went upside down and didn't happen due to one reason or other, like all major small arms pogroms programs here 🤷‍♂️)
even RR and those units in the army adopted to Micro Uzi, B&T MP-9 and such things in place of Sterlings for CQB,CI etc ops...dunno when Navy will wake up...

[waiting for some smart ass mentioning how in da vietnam war USMC and so used MP-40,M3 'Grease Gun', Sten, Sterling, french MAT-38,MAS-49 etc all open-bolt submachine guns and yada yada,
just STFU retard, this is not your grandpa's era anymore, upgrade morons upgrade!]

Never knew sterlings were that horrible 😐
Even Sten that came before Sterling was very infamous for accidental discharges due to the open bolt nature = working parts are locked rearward by trigger group-constantly under spring tension, and trigger just lowers stopper (technical term = sear) when pulled so if you drop it hard or some other god-knows-what reason end up depressing that sear thing some way, it'll release the bolt and go bang bang...and that's exactly how many people got injured...lost their lives...
just look at this gif and you'll get the idea what i'm trying to say (it's on Sten but Sterling is similar)

(gif credit - historical firearms)
just search "Sterling" and you'll see some recent posts on this very forum about such case(s) here, and yet...nothing...

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
VBSS is a naval fighting unit so maybe yeah they need guns? that too close quarter battle compatible ones due to the kind of things they do,
but advanced... Sterling is not advanced; but it's not even basic, 'specially in this age and time,
it's just flintstones version=primitive tier submachine gun that we're still using because OFB got license+ToT of that and we made shit tones of these and still we've plenty of them lying around...so army-armed forces just kept using it (otoh kept bitching for a replacement ;5.56mm carbine; but each and every time those things just went upside down and didn't happen due to one reason or other, like all major small arms pogroms programs here 🤷‍♂️)
even RR and those units in the army adopted to Micro Uzi, B&T MP-9 and such things in place of Sterlings for CQB,CI etc ops...dunno when Navy will wake up...

[waiting for some smart ass mentioning how in da vietnam war USMC and so used MP-40,M3 'Grease Gun', Sten, Sterling, french MAT-38,MAS-49 etc all open-bolt submachine guns and yada yada,
just STFU retard, this is not your grandpa's era anymore, upgrade morons upgrade!]

Even Sten that came before Sterling was very infamous for accidental discharges due to the open bolt nature = working parts are locked rearward by trigger group-constantly under spring tension, and trigger just lowers stopper (technical term = sear) when pulled so if you drop it hard or some other god-knows-what reason end up depressing that sear thing some way, it'll release the bolt and go bang bang...and that's exactly how many people got injured...lost their lives...
just look at this gif and you'll get the idea what i'm trying to say (it's on Sten but Sterling is similar)

(gif credit - historical firearms)
just search "Sterling" and you'll see some recent posts on this very forum about such case(s) here, and yet...nothing...
Sterlings + ofb made 9mm= worst combo ever.
If you fire 10 semi auto rounds then there will ve atleast one misfire due to round not getting and placing itself in the chamber.
Fun fact: In forces you will have one minute stripping and assembling drill ie you will be given 5 weapons and u need to strip and assemble it with in 5 minutes. Even if you completed the rest of all the weapons in 3 minutes or even 2 you are gojng to get fucked up thanks to sterlings.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles