Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Seems like soldiers of alien series movies.....funny looking rifles

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
SORRY....I ASKED ABOUT THOSE BOLT ACTION RIFLES RESEMBLING MOSIN NAGNANThttp://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m225/jonahpach/Guns%20and%20Knives/11072010085.jpg

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Any one would tell me why sf are using both vz58 and ak47 even though both are of same league...what made sf to adopt vz58 which is not so famous as ak is?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Any one would tell me why sf are using both vz58 and ak47 even though both are of same league...what made sf to adopt vz58 which is not so famous as ak is?
Vz58 are more accurate as well as lighter compare to AK-47, Vz58 is same as AK-47 but have improved gas regulating system which makes the rifle lighter..

Is this carbine an upgradation of good old ak74u?
Indian Army never use AK74U, we use 9mm carbine, msmc is a good replacement..

could any one tell which are those snipers lying in the ground?seems that they are of vintage era..did they are used by indian forces?
The only bolt action IA use is SP-66.

I dont think any production is going on in India..its true that there was some talks... and specops may have procured some of it.but never found any one of it in their hands except some ak101 with marcos
MARCOS use AK-103 and some IA SF were using AK-101 before the arrival of TAR-21..

did india still produces ak7 ?although i heard abt it never found it any where...in some pics actually bulgarian rifles are wrongly shown as ak7
Yes, INDIA still produce AK7 but only handed to CRPF and WB police..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Thank you mate for the information you provided.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Can anyone make out the rifles?

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The rifles shown are galil of imi...the machine gun is fnmag or bren...weapons are not of indian standard issue..weapon without magazines meant they may be in military exercise....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hmmm.. Best unit of our armed forces does not have a scope in their rifles !!!
we dont want to show our secret things to others all types of night vision and scopes are available with OFB

plugwater

we dont want to show our secret things to others all types of night vision and scopes are available with OFB
Scopes are almost all the time attached to the rifles. I did not complain about night vision.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
manc that is not the case now a days rail is used for rifle so that attachments can be made by the way iron sight is the best ask kunal about this (as if the equipment is damage the soldier has to pay from his pocket) so they prefer iron sight.

plugwater

Saya, The gun he holds does not look like having an option to attach any scopes.

This is the first time i am hearing about soldier have to pay for the damages in rifles.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
No they don't require it!! As there is no need for scope in close quarter combat!

Above all AK series beyond 150 meters is not so accurate and a scope is useless, moreover AK series is more of a machine gun than a rifle in reality.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
AK modifications..

Actually I was thinking the same, Why not MARCOS give a tactical look on their AKs..
After MARCOS are SFs, they can use unlike IA have limitations..
Also they should use Helmets..

No they don't require it!! As there is no need for scope in close quarter combat!

Above all AK series beyond 150 meters is not so accurate and a scope is useless, moreover AK series is more of a machine gun than a rifle in reality.

Yes, AK is more like a machine gun hardly accurate beyond 100m, But we are asking abt close quarter scopes ( Reflex ), Its Nice and makes rifle a bit more accurate, also when u need to shoot with iron sights u just need to take off the reflex and start hitting tango :happy_2:

Reflex on AK-47..

Btw, I wish MARCOS look like this ( With BLACK and Helmet too, Also same goes for NSG):

Last edited:

pmaitra

Picatinny Rail

Ok, whether there is need for scope or not, it is a very individual choice. When I shoot the AK-47 or AR-15, I like it without the scope and I get decent results at 75 feet (70% within 1" of the bull's eye). I have witnessed many people who actually do hit the bull's eye 70% of the time without the scope.

There are kits available that have the Picatinny Rail fitting for most rifles. Even an AK can be fitted with one. Hence, it is not a major modification.

For example, the images below show that one that can be easily fitted on an AK:

Fore-grip mounted:

Side mounted:

Post fitting, a typical AK family of rifles would look like this (this one is a WASR AK-47):

I believe INSAS does have this as well. Maybe someone can verify?

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picatinny_rail

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I believe INSAS does have this as well. Maybe someone can verify?
Insas Rail is small and its situated in middle, IA use it to mount thermal and Russian PSO-1 Sights and INDIAN OFB made sights..

Last edited:

Agantrope

Kunal Sir,

Is it possible to use the Israeli or DRDO made red-dot used with this AR? I havent witnessed any INSAS with red-dot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles