Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
You are wrong on so many level

First thing first; it's plastic not metal.

And if it would have been metal then the whole point of it breaking due to cold would have been moot. It takes extreme, extreme cold to make metal brittle. Something only possible in labs.

Fun fact : If the "metal" of buttstock became brittle due to cold then how is the metal of bolt able to withstand repeated pressure of 300MPa!?

The typical polymer used on firearm is polyamide or PA. More specifically, it's GRPA or glass reinforced polyamide.
The temperature at which GRPA starts to show signs of brittleness is almost -100° C. Failure happening at -190° C.

So the only reason it would had failed is either they are using sub-par polymer in place of say Nylon 6 or 66. Or perhaps the design itself is not adequate enough to withstand this amount of force due to the lack of sufficient cantilever support.
It was not broken due to cold but when shot the GP by rifle vertically by placing buttstock on the ground..the recoil caused the stock to break

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
You love the Sterling’s or SLR? I’m a little confused. Anyways I wonder if you could clarify why does the Navy still use the Sterlings in great numbers? ICG has completely phased it out with 5.56x30mm firearms, i.e the JVPC and Amogh.
Because we have them, and don't actually expect the users to get into serious fights :notsure:
Probably just a case of "chalta hai" infection :yawn:

binayak95

Country flag
You love the Sterling’s or SLR? I’m a little confused. Anyways I wonder if you could clarify why does the Navy still use the Sterlings in great numbers? ICG has completely phased it out with 5.56x30mm firearms, i.e the JVPC and Amogh.
the SLR bro. Who the fuck would actively like sterling in this day and age

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles