Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
looks very nice for naxal hunting maybe better than insas /s
No its not for duty.May be some civilian had deposited this one once the license had expired may it was once issued to police and passed down generations. But probability is for the first case as i had seen many country made guns lying in bell of arms as the licenses had expired and new generation is not much into holding guns and its headaches plus govt is not renewing gun licenses unless pressurised

Spindrift

No its not for duty.May be some civilian had deposited this one once the license had expired may it was once issued to police and passed down generations. But probability is for the first case as i had seen many country made guns lying in bell of arms as the licenses had expired and new generation is not much into holding guns and its headaches plus govt is not renewing gun licenses unless pressurised
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures to recovered illegal guns (country made guns) and also if possible a picture of the inside of the barrel? I wanted to see if the they rifled or not.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
looks very nice for naxal hunting maybe better than insas /s
Both Insas and Ghatak sucks..ghatak was made in 2017/18.. still its a rusty piece of shit.one of our mates had it. Just like an insas the metal is rusty. Btw the TAR metallurgy is good but boys from Special ops group says compared with good old Russian AkM or bulgarian Aks its still below the mark as it has some stoppages . Anyway Ghatak is a total shit .The P-rails are good only if you have some accessories in it otherwise its worst to hold it.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures to recovered illegal guns (country made guns) and also if possible a picture of the inside of the barrel? I wanted to see if the they rifled or not.
No they are not rifled but smooth bore. Country made guns are mostly muskets.If i find any next time i will try to take the pics but don’t think pics would be good enough as i have a mobile cam

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Btw from my own personal experience let me say few things , the red dots,holographics and all other accessories are not that much functionality in jungles of NE and South India as here we cant see beyond 30-50mts.It would only add weight to the weapon.Also many had seen criticising our men of not wearing helmet and BPJs in such terrain,again it hinters mobility.Also the sling too is of no use as in jungle terrain it would get entangled in plants and hinter mobility plus keeping weapon slinged to your body only adds up weight compared with holding it in hand

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Btw from my own personal experience let me say few things , the red dots,holographics and all other accessories are not that much functionality in jungles of NE and South India as here we cant see beyond 30-50mts.It would only add weight to the weapon.Also many had seen criticising our men of not wearing helmet and BPJs in such terrain,again it hinters mobility.Also the sling too is of no use as in jungle terrain it would get entangled in plants and hinter mobility plus keeping weapon slinged to your body only adds up weight compared with holding it in hand
Sir. If it is possible can we get close up shots of arsenal ar m1 , that bulgarian AK ?

vampyrbladez

Country flag
If I can make a few suggestions, then perhaps a smaller red dot sight may be needed for the AKs.

Plate carriers may also make a difference

Any M4 style weapons in service of Kerala Police?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles