Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Is the FINSAS practically feasible. I understand multi-caliber will be good on paper, how usefull will it be practrically ?
Very much, For example, In CT ops M43 can be used 5.56mm in other Units can be used..

7.62 nato with longer barrel can be used for long range shooting..

These advance will phase out AKM and SVD so does Insas, All the qualities will be in one Rifle..

I have posted briefly on the subjected in Finsas thread..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Very much, For example, In CT ops M43 can be used 5.56mm in other Units can be used..

7.62 nato with longer barrel can be used for long range shooting..

These advance will phase out AKM and SVD so does Insas, All the qualities will be in one Rifle..

I have posted briefly on the subjected in Finsas thread..
oh nooooo ma favrt ak will be gone?
considering the interchangability which parts should be changed while changing from one caliber to another except barrel?ie is there any change to be made to fix different mags?isn't it too complex?coz soldiers had to carry the tools and extra components to make this change?are the trials completed in different environents?
except the development in guns there any development in the field of ammo ie to improve the effieciency of new ammos?you had posted that indian 5.56 ammo is better than nato in punching power.is the same can be done incase of m43 round to improve its range?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
oh nooooo ma favrt ak will be gone?

considering the interchangability which parts should be changed while changing from one caliber to another except barrel?ie is there any change to be made to fix different mags?isn't it too complex?

coz soldiers had to carry the tools and extra components to make this change?are the trials completed in different environents?

except the development in guns there any development in the field of ammo ie to improve the effieciency of new ammos?you had posted that indian 5.56 ammo is better than nato in punching power.is the same can be done incase of m43 round to improve its range?

Actually in CT ops we mainly relay on AK but we also use Insas & fal, Here the problem is Insas & FAL parts are rare in front lines making things difficult for men, Here a single Rifle having ability to fire different calibers still share 95% similar parts like butt assembly, buffer assembly so does trigger assembly, selection switch will be the same even magazine release, charging handle, upper and lower receiver, firing pin and bolt assemble, same as other similar rifle firing different caliber.. ( For 7.62 nato the lower receiver will change as the bullets are longer so does the size of mag )

Here the advantage, So its easy to maintain one multi-caliber Rifles instead of maintaining 3 different rifles with 3 x different parts, therefore their is no need to have three different rifles..

Conversion Kits for MICRO TAVOR between 5.56 and 9mm Version

Its the Unit`s armoury resposible for Rifles not the battle soilder on LRP or War, The conversion Kits in large number of varios calibers will be given to Unit armory, when transfer to one place to another the Unit will automatically change the caliber as per enviorment for each soilder these changes are pre worked out, Like for using SS109 in peace area and over field unit armoury dept will be re-change the caliber to M43 from SS109 and re issued on fields.. ( Things are different and complex in actual Unit)

Test are going on as we know..

Did i said Indian 5.56mm is different for NATO ?, Indian 5.56mm is a NATO SS109 where most other Armies like US and Germany also other using 5.56mm NATO M855, Difference is both rounds behave differently at different ranges, SS109 though very effective and accurate in longer ranges..

Unlike NATO their are no varients of M43 known to me but to increase it range one can increase the barrel length and give a good Iron sight..

trichy assault rifle & Tabuk DMR can give a range of 400-500m..

SPIEZ

Country flag
i was awaiting for this news for long..hope they will induct holographic sights in mass for Akms and VZ58s..
Locally made or imported ? Also is this the same scope that was discussed earlier ?( I don't remember the thread)

'Here's the link for the scope that was previously discussed Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. ( last one)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Locally made or imported ? Also is this the same scope that was discussed earlier ?( I don't remember the thread)

'Here's the link for the scope that was previously discussed Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. ( last one)
imported ones..as far i know no one is producing holographics in india..holographics are very costly than ordinary red dots but more effective.
kunal and saya can elaborate about it .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
imported ones..as far i know no one is producing holographics in india..holographics are very costly than ordinary red dots but more effective.
kunal and saya can elaborate about it .
one company make holographic sight in India but as you said expensive, bulky, power hungry because it use laser and are not co witness, thus are rejected by forces. Others who sell Red dot in India is Licence holder from Israeli company, kunal sir some time back said that officer has purchased the same out of his own funds and put it on his AK.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
can any one identify which type of AK is this? even though with the underfolder it is much like a romanian but the striations in the fore grip is not common for romanian ones.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually i cant coz its difficult to make out, But as per OFB site they make AK47 clones, OFB makes only AK47 not AK103, AK103 are imported, Their was a news after that their was no news abt it..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
please mate, please post some pics of OFB produced AK's.
did OFB start AK-103 production?

i think this is one of the ofb made akm clones..(it could also be an east german mpi as the buttstock is partially viible it is impossible to judge)
It is said to have a different mechanism as compared to other akms and it is said to be have chrome lined barrel which is unique.
If i am correct both the rifle with the ITBP guys and the one with this crpf women combatant are OFB made ones.though i am not sure of it.

bhramos

Country flag

i think this is one of the ofb made akm clones..(it could also be an east german mpi as the buttstock is partially viible it is impossible to judge)
It is said to have a different mechanism as compared to other akms and it is said to be have chrome lined barrel which is unique.
If i am correct both the rifle with the ITBP guys and the one with this crpf women combatant are OFB made ones.though i am not sure of it.
why are the guns chained???
is their a fear of lossing them!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles