Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Seems like the carbine variant of Insas modified by Fab w/ inputs from Army

Note: This is my assumption

View attachment 120276
Pistol Grip is a FAB Defense one, but the rest does not seem so, ig ARDE updated the look of their 5.56x45mm carbine. Also note provision is there to screw in a rail section for 360* rails.
I do wish they moved on to an MLOK handguard as in ASMI and possibly a free floating barrel by removing the from iron sight post and rear one and using back up iron sights instead as in the SIG 716.
3E1F37CA-8241-43D4-8ED3-E7C6C03B67AB.jpeg

New members can also see as pointed out by @Johny_Baba regarding the similarity in design between this Carbine and JVPC with AK-12 Family design.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Pistol Grip is a FAB Defense one, but the rest does not seem so, ig ARDE updated the look of their 5.56x45mm carbine. Also note provision is there to screw in a rail section for 360* rails.
I do wish they moved on to an MLOK handguard as in ASMI and possibly a free floating barrel by removing the from iron sight post and rear one and using back up iron sights instead as in the SIG 716.
View attachment 120283
New members can also see as pointed out by @Johny_Baba regarding the similarity in design between this Carbine and JVPC with AK-12 Family design.
I don’t think anything other than an AR-15 Based carbine should be considered.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I don’t think anything other than an AR-15 Based carbine should be considered.
Not really. But then again this cqb is indeed kaam chalau at best. No STANAG mags (like everybody is using these mags but I will make my own stupid mag, just use 5.56 nato guys), do they even think about exporting value of the gun. Buttstock is plain stupid, Ambi controls- what's that??. I think Arde thought on MLOK for this rifle is like well army hasn't got the brains to issue picatinny rails mount for it and I can't really disagree on that.
You got all these great rifles present and coming in the world and you choose to have inferior features on your own gun?? I understand that most of it's due to the fact that every part has to be made in house so we don't really have uber class parts but still better to have a magpul stock rather than this plain stick.
Arde should seriously consider just copy pasting erstwhile designs like ar, ak, mp 5, g3, modernize them and offer to forces. They would like them much better than these INSAS abominations.

not so dravidian

Country flag
View attachment 120283
Didn't @Johny_Baba say the carbine is related to sig 550 series. Is the design good baba, some. Sig 550 series is considered one of the best design.

Cud someone say why we have the same muzzle device in new carbine as is all other arms from arde??

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Cud someone say why we have the same muzzle device in new carbine as is all other arms from arde??
Coz that's what we know. And we don't want to do R&D.

As you yourself mentioned about ARDE carbine being similar to SIG 550, don't you see the time we took to make a 550!

That's similar with muzzle device. It'll take some time before we move from FNC's muzzle device.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 120283
Didn't @Johny_Baba say the carbine is related to sig 550 series. Is the design good baba, some. Sig 550 series is considered one of the best design.

Not AK-12 but Sig 550 series, yes
AK-12 of current era is just standard AK with some upgrades, one piece receiver design
Sig 550 series etc was two-sectioned receiver design and so,
this ARDE carbine seems to be based on Sig 550 series i believe

As for this recent design hhmm some things comes in mind,
> Handguards have been made thicker than before
> adding 'faux mag well' thing in lower receiver ? inspired from Galil Ace design ? 'trying' to make reloads 'faster' with this make-do ? do they have plans to offer it in ;other; magazine configurations too like Galil Ace comes in both Galil magazine and STANAG magazine config etc, so STANAG compatible ARDE carbine *might be* coming from this ? What about 'Bolt Catch/Release' then, would also be similar to Galil Ace or AR design if included ?

Also what about disassembly with this now, i mean look at handguard and this new mag well having solid surface around front receiver cross-pin area where usually some free space would be given so that upper and lower receivers could hinge around freely during disassembly, but here not only they made handguards thicker they added this mag well part that also has no space between them so at this moment i think disassembly on this design would require removal of handguards first followed by other steps (for reference check MKEK MPT-76 design)

too many questions, need more detailed pics

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Not AK-12 but Sig 550 series, yes
AK-12 of current era is just standard AK with some upgrades, one piece receiver design
Sig 550 series etc was two-sectioned receiver design and so,
this ARDE carbine seems to be based on Sig 550 series i believe

As for this recent design hhmm some things comes in mind,
> Handguards have been made thicker than before
> adding 'faux mag well' thing in lower receiver ? inspired from Galil Ace design ? 'trying' to make reloads 'faster' with this make-do ? do they have plans to offer it in ;other; magazine configurations too like Galil Ace comes in both Galil magazine and STANAG magazine config etc, so STANAG compatible ARDE carbine *might be* coming from this ? What about 'Bolt Catch/Release' then, would also be similar to Galil Ace or AR design if included ?

Also what about disassembly with this now, i mean look at handguard and this new mag well having solid surface around front receiver cross-pin area where usually some free space would be given so that upper and lower receivers could hinge around freely during disassembly, but here not only they made handguards thicker they added this mag well part that also has no space between them so at this moment i think disassembly on this design would require removal of handguards first followed by other steps (for reference check MKEK MPT-76 design)

too many questions, need more detailed pics
new ARDE carbine.png

another view on ARDE carbine, got it from that twitter ;gif; thing and so,
hope everybody could see my confusion regd disassembly part i mentioned in post above,
perhaps the mag well part having that distinct curvature is slightly wider than handguards so it could wrap around the handguads part interfering while hinging the two receiver sections apart and so, marked here
1637327022128.png

if not then clearly handguards going to interfere with that mag well part and might have to be removed first before doing any disassembly

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
It has a bolt catch release paddle. Hallelujah.
Hhmm which one ? New ARDE carbine ? If you are referring to this/these one(s)
1637332661247.png

then it's just cross-pins for hammer and auto sear, was even there on previous carbine

besides unless INSAS magazines are modified so followers in it could actuate bolt catch/release it would be a futile exercise to put such bolt catch/release mechanism on it, for manual bolt hold open charging handle has already been given that button like lock-thing on it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles