Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinblade

Country flag
Hhmm which one ? New ARDE carbine ? If you are referring to this/these one(s)
View attachment 120494

then it's just cross-pins for hammer and auto sear, was even there on previous carbine

besides unless INSAS magazines are modified so followers in it could actuate bolt catch/release it would be a futile exercise to put such bolt catch/release mechanism on it, for manual bolt hold open charging handle has already been given that button like lock-thing on it.
Sometimes we read too much in grainy images. That is the exact spot where SiG 550 has its bolt catch release paddle.

So the major change is polymer lower. As far as bolt catch is concerned they should have adapted it. They should have also adopted Stanag magazines.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Sometimes we read too much in grainy images. That is the exact spot where SiG 550 has its bolt catch release paddle.

So the major change is polymer lower. As far as bolt catch is concerned they should have adapted it. They should have also adopted Stanag magazines.
I agree they should've made this switch to STANG pattern mags for reasons involving mag commonality with current M4 and Tavor/X-95 and so, plus getting BHO feature on the carbine,
but there also is a factor of ;backwards compability; in play like we have thousands of INSAS magazines lying around and it would be great if they still can be used around for some more years till they are outnumbered by STANAG pattern mags,
so keeping all these things in mind i think they are doing ok, with this pattern of design they could manufacture it in both magazine configurations and fulfill both requirements, you know what ruskies are doing with AKV-521...two separate upper receivers in different barrel length configurations and a common lower receiver...let's say we do reverse of it here i.e. common upper receiver and two different lower receiver configurations on offer, one for INSAS magazines sans BHO feature, one with STANAG pattern mags with BHO feature,
and gradually replacing INSAS variants as those mags go out of service etc, it would take just STANAG compatible lower to be put in place of INSAS magazine one...
^of course this is ideal discourse that i am speculating around, not necessary that they would be following same but a man can hope...

BTW regd STANAG magazines i hope we also made this switch from aluminium sheet metal USGI pattern mags to at least polymer ones, and since those guys alreay are making new polymer mags for INSAS and made MCIWS mags in transparent polymer fashion i hope they roll out desi STANAG compatible polymer mags, as those USGI pattern mags happen to have lots of issues with non-AR pattern firearms...even on AR they are largely replaced by magpul pattern pmags in western forces...so yeah.

Last edited:

rone

Country flag
What happened to this sniper rifle from OFB ?first time the idiots came up with something that doesn't give the eye cataract ( even though looks like IWI dan 🧐) and it isn't inducted 😭
They come up with this one after sss defence come up with theirs and try to give full feature trail to army, army as being army take the free full feature trail and complained about state owned factories don't have comparable product then brought foreign mal, in the end sss defence cloned several ips to build their one and ofb who brought TOT for this rifle both became jokers,

Ps: this is our make in India( in a nutshell)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles