Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It wonders me why indin army is not upgrading the AKMs and VZ58s given to the RR and even special forces as the special service group has done?considering the loong service life of both weapons and their wide use it will be a wise move to upgrade them with some modifications like red dots, rails and vertical grips

SSG is a Special force So Does PAPA, PARA SF have TAR-21..

Though IA regular are neglected like anything, The idea of IA is to be same as PA, Now it changing..

sayareakd

Country flag
It wonders me why indin army is not upgrading the AKMs and VZ58s given to the RR and even special forces as the special service group has done?considering the loong service life of both weapons and their wide use it will be a wise move to upgrade them with some modifications like red dots, rails and vertical grips
one of the reason could be because no one made these things in India, that is why soldiers and officers are not aware about these. Plus babus at MOD think that if AK and INSAS is good why you want other add on accessory for rifle.

BTW if it comes to protection of our Natas then these things get super fast clearance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
one of the reason could be because no one made these things in India, that is why soldiers and officers are not aware about these. Plus babus at MOD think that if AK and INSAS is good why you want other add on accessory for rifle.
Chal raha ha chalna do, Kargil like incident are waiting to happen every day..

But who cares its the REGULAR going to take the hit first !

sayareakd

Country flag
Chines Kargil would be worse, hope such situation does not come untill we get Nirbhy in large numbers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

ak103x.jpg

ak-103

Chines Kargil would be worse, hope such situation does not come untill we get Nirbhy in large numbers.
I am talking abt Up-gradation of Foot soldiers, Nirbhay and Brahmos will be there, But its the foot solider going to be the shield and the Sword..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
kunal sir can you please tell why army special forces had placed orders for M4A1 rifles as everyone knows that it is infamous for its stoppages and are no match for the tavors......if army wanted another rifle of 5.56 calibre they should have acquired either hk416 or sig553 or even AK101 as these rifles are better in terms of mechanical reliability.....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
kunal sir can you please tell why army special forces had placed orders for M4A1 rifles as everyone knows that it is infamous for its stoppages and are no match for the tavors......if army wanted another rifle of 5.56 calibre they should have acquired either hk416 or sig553 or even AK101 as these rifles are better in terms of mechanical reliability.....
I agree with you, HK416 is being used by US regulars and they are indeed replacing M4 with HK..

Though i assume using M4 carbine instead of Infamous 9mm carbine..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
SP.3 "Vikhr" assault rifle

Specifications
Caliber..............................................................9mm
Cartridge .......................................................9x39 (SP.5, SP.6)
Weapon weight w/o cartridges.....................2.0 kg
Length:
w/unfolded stock............................................640 mm
w/folded stock...............................................395 mm
Barrel length .................................................156 mm
Bullet muzzle velocity ...................................290 m/sec
Rate of fire ...................................................900 rds/min
Effective rate of fire......................................40/60 rds/min
Sighting range...............................................200 m
Magazine capacity.........................................10 or 20 rds

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
saya sir i donno what is the problem is.... i just tried to paste some pics of sp3 vikhr..but it didnt work out..it ois not brcoming visible......i will try to post the pics later...

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
can any one list out what are the problems faced by the sterling carbine used by army?why couldnt we adopt .45 calibre SMG instead of a 9mm one coz i had seen in many videos that .45 ammunition has more punching power than 9mm...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
can any one list out what are the problems faced by the sterling carbine used by army?why couldnt we adopt .45 calibre SMG instead of a 9mm one coz i had seen in many videos that .45 ammunition has more punching power than 9mm...
That carbine have abnormal firing if not maintained regularly, It also have locking problems, It jams regularly, In Infentry its still working but in other branches like AMC, EME etc, They dont even fire, If they do they were parying so it wont go wrong.. :)

Army Idea is to adopt 5.56 x 30, Indian Army adopted 9mm carbine because it cam from british Army..
My Idea is to Adopt 5.56x45mm carbine, like Kalantak which resemble M4 carbine of US army..

Unfortunately Kalantak is no where to fire as its not perfect due to over heating..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
That carbine have abnormal firing if not maintained regularly, It also have locking problems, It jams regularly, In Infentry its still working but in other branches like AMC, EME etc, They dont even fire, If they do they were parying so it wont go wrong.. :)

Army Idea is to adopt 5.56 x 30, Indian Army adopted 9mm carbine because it cam from british Army..
My Idea is to Adopt 5.56x45mm carbine, like Kalantak which resemble M4 carbine of US army..

Unfortunately Kalantak is no where to fire as its not perfect due to over heating..
so does that means crappy INSAS will be standard issue for another decade :(

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
so does that means crappy INSAS will be standard issue for another decade :(
I like Insas, It just lack morden P-RAIL and Stuff also the colour, Other than that its a good rifle..

For Example i have knock bull's eye at 200m with Iron Sight and many other can do better..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I like Insas, It just lack morden P-RAIL and Stuff also the colour, Other than that its a good rifle..

For Example i have knock bull's eye at 200m with Iron Sight and many other can do better..
Kunalji, and how hard would that be to add modern rail on insas without modifying the core mechanism?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunalji, and how hard would that be to add modern rail on insas without modifying the core mechanism?
Not at all, Any one can do the modification within 15mins time, given the tools for up-gradation..

Which is available in open market..

To This:

Insas body parts are common with AK-47 hence the rail developed for AK-47 CAN be installed on Insas..

Last edited: