Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbinger

कसाई
Vibrations don’t come from muzzle climb sirji, it comes from the gas system inside the AK-47, especially that long stroke one... that‘s why AK-47’s recoil really kicks while AR-15’s short stroke one’s recoil is extended.
Well you have these to hold the dust cover tight
IMG_20210309_133053.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Well you have these to hold the dust cover tight View attachment 80922
Janaab looks like you don’t understand what happens when AK fires. All dust covers are held tight obviously or they’ll fall off... the long stroke piston causes vibrations in the upper receiver of the AK which causes the optic to lose zero.

Harbinger

कसाई
Janaab looks like you don’t understand what happens when AK fires. All dust covers are held tight obviously or they’ll fall off... the long stroke piston causes vibrations in the upper receiver of the AK which causes the optic to lose zero.
I do understand and I've fired many. Conventional AK dust covers aren't held tightly, they're loose.

Harbinger

कसाई
I do understand and I've fired many. Conventional AK dust covers aren't held tightly, they're loose.
And they don't fall off because the front section is slightly tucked under the back sight post and the back section rests on the retainer. And that's why they vibrate, on the modern variants with top rails they're interlocked from behind and front with a moving screw which keeps them tight.

Harbinger

कसाई
@FalconSlayers if you ever get an ak in your hands which doesn't come with a top rail by default try to shake its dust cover, it'll shake without you even firing it, and insas uses the same structure but its dust cover is attached to the body with a screw from front side and the retainer's insert is broad which holds the cover firmly that's why insas comes with a top mount.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And they use lose receivers to reduce the stoppages. Less cramped the gun is from inside, less it will jam.
So at the end, AK-203 will be a mess. Hence I support Gas operated Short stroke AR-15s with 14.5” Barrel or even a 16” barrel.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles