Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=303743

China is teaching South Indian languages such as Tamil and Malayalam to wireless radio operators of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA). The move is to understand intercepts of communication signals of the Indian armed forces deployed along the 3,500 km Line of Actual Control and the international border.

The PLA’s emphasis is more on the spoken aspects of these two South Indian languages, which help facilitate faster communication by the Indian Army. “No coding or decoding of cipher is required with the script and pronunciation of South Indian languages being extremely difficult for any person to comprehend without a working knowledge of these languages,” officials privy to the inputs said.

The Pakistani experience, according to sources, has taught China to learn to understand Tamil, Malayalam and a few other South Indian languages. “During the 1971 India-Pakistan war, our radio operators passed messages and commands on open channels in Tamil, which was Greek to the Pakistani forces. The Pakistanis were foxed by our Tamil and Malayalam-speaking radio operators,” said an official.

“China does not want to repeat the mistake by its all weather friend Pakistan during the 1971 war,” said an intelligent official.

PLA operatives’ understanding of South Indian languages will additionally help Beijing in gathering intelligence from Tamil-dominated pockets in Northeastern Sri Lanka, where the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) had a considerable sway till 2009 before being decimated by the forces of the island nation. China has a deal with Sri Lanka for majority control of Hambantota port in its southeast.

Indian forces such as the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, which guards the Indo-China border, is also training its new troops in Mandarin, the language of mainland China.

Changing Frequency Chinese wireless radio operators are learning Tamil and Malayalam to understand intercepts of the Indian Army

No coding or decoding of cipher is required with the script and pronunciation of South Indian languages
During the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war, Indian radio operators passed messages and commands on open channels in Tamil, which was Greek to the Pakistani forces

on a lighter note one of the comments by an Indian in the comments section

Kamlesh Khudabadi ·
Mumbai, India
In few days there will be news of more PLA soldiers committing suicide while trying to understand Tamil & Malayalam...aaj tak hum log hi nahi samajh paaye!!!!

Flame Thrower

Malayalam is one of the toughest (3rd according to one of my mallu friend) language in the world.

According to him, it would take ages to master it. Good luck to China. It is not difficult to code these communication.

If this news is in public forum, I bet MI might have known it ages ago. What they ( PLA radio men) would do if we send info through Gujarati or Marathi... We have 22 official languages. How many languages radio or Intel operators will learn.

I haven't even explained the cypers and their complex decryption methods or using multiple languages in a single statement.

It is very difficult to break our codes; which plays major important role in military communication. To my knowledge Germany in WW1 & WW2, Japan in WW2 had lost the wars mostly due to failure in having a secure communication.

indiatester

Country flag
Malayalam is one of the toughest (3rd according to one of my mallu friend) language in the world.

According to him, it would take ages to master it. Good luck to China. It is not difficult to code these communication.

If this news is in public forum, I bet MI might have known it ages ago. What they ( PLA radio men) would do if we send info through Gujarati or Marathi... We have 22 official languages. How many languages radio or Intel operators will learn.

I haven't even explained the cypers and their complex decryption methods or using multiple languages in a single statement.

It is very difficult to break our codes; which plays major important role in military communication. To my knowledge Germany in WW1 & WW2, Japan in WW2 had lost the wars mostly due to failure in having a secure communication.
What if the operators use Mallu + Hindi + English with some basic cipher?
In this day and age of language translators, should not be too hard IMO.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
malayam has many more cedets which if you here it will sound like stand alone languages

such as

South Travancore Central Travancore West Vempanad
North Travancore Kochi-Thrissur South Malabar
South Eastern Palghat North Western Palghat Central Malabar
Wayanad North Malabar Kasaragod
Lakshadweep

Malabar, Nagari-Malayalam, South Kerala, Central Kerala, North Kerala, Kayavar, Namboodiri, Nair, Moplah (Mapilla), Pulaya, Nasrani, and Kasargod. The community dialects are: Namboodiri, Nair, Moplah (Mapilla), Pulaya, and Nasrani

and trust me malayam is so complex that for a fact I don't understand some words my mother or wife speaks because they both use the Central Travancore while I mainly use the Kochi-Thrissur dialect
so yes good luck with the Hans trying to decode my language

sorcerer

Country flag
Pakistan Army planning BAT operation in Kashmir Valley : Intel Report

pakistan Army and the ISI are planning a Border Action Team (BAT) operation to open an offensive against the Indian Army at the Line of Control (LoC), an intelligence report said. A specific input implied that the Pakistan Army is planning a strike by its special service group with Jihadi terror outfits in areas like Gurez, Keran, Nowgam, Uri and in Kashmir Valley.

Following crackdowns on terror outfits in Kashmir Valley, the security forces could be under attack both at the LoC and hinterland.

The intelligence report also outlined that the terror groups may target security forces on national highway in Anantnag, Pulwama, Kulgam in south Kashmir and Kupwara, Baramulla in North Kashmir, besides Srinagar, and its adjoining Ganderbal. This comes in the backdrop of a Lashkar attack on CRPF road opening party in Quazigund on Monday in which four CRPF personnel were injured.

Nearly 140 terrorists have been neutralised by security forces in which top terror commanders of Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar have recently been eliminated. Sources in security establishment also said the three terror groups Hizb, Lashkar and Jaish-e-Mohammed met recently in central Kashmir to chalk out strategy.

The terror groups have avoided using cell phones and electronic devices to avoid being tracked, but forces feel it wont hold till long.]]

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...mir-valley-intelligence-report/1/1041620.html

Kalki_2018

Country flag
I hope there are a few more cross border raids by India. And not just from the east of pakistan.

sorcerer

Country flag
According to Sun Tzu - You should make the enemy completely complacent before attacking them.

May be that is what they are trying to.
Not when our army chief says "
Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat warns of two-fronted war with India's neighbours
"
Referring to China, the Army Chief stated that India has to be “prepared” for situations like its northern adversary taking over swathes of Indian territory and testing its limits, which may “gradually emerge into conflicts.

“Whether these conflicts will be confined or limited in space and time or whether these can turn into war along the entire front, with the western adversary taking advantage of the situation developing on the northern border, is very much likely,” he added, stated

The Army Chief also hinted that India has to be “prepared for conflict” with Pakistan as well as China.
http://www.timesnownews.com/india/video/army-chief-bipin-rawat-india-china-pakistan-war/86210

Well!! India knows the chinese forked tongue for too long.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

encode the message in atleast 4 diff regional languages

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Pakistan Army planning BAT operation in Kashmir Valley : Intel Report

pakistan Army and the ISI are planning a Border Action Team (BAT) operation to open an offensive against the Indian Army at the Line of Control (LoC), an intelligence report said. A specific input implied that the Pakistan Army is planning a strike by its special service group with Jihadi terror outfits in areas like Gurez, Keran, Nowgam, Uri and in Kashmir Valley.

Following crackdowns on terror outfits in Kashmir Valley, the security forces could be under attack both at the LoC and hinterland.

The intelligence report also outlined that the terror groups may target security forces on national highway in Anantnag, Pulwama, Kulgam in south Kashmir and Kupwara, Baramulla in North Kashmir, besides Srinagar, and its adjoining Ganderbal. This comes in the backdrop of a Lashkar attack on CRPF road opening party in Quazigund on Monday in which four CRPF personnel were injured.

Nearly 140 terrorists have been neutralised by security forces in which top terror commanders of Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar have recently been eliminated. Sources in security establishment also said the three terror groups Hizb, Lashkar and Jaish-e-Mohammed met recently in central Kashmir to chalk out strategy.

The terror groups have avoided using cell phones and electronic devices to avoid being tracked, but forces feel it wont hold till long.]]

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...mir-valley-intelligence-report/1/1041620.html
If the report is out they won't do it in those places. This is most probably a year old report.

SanjeevM

Country flag
If we have evidence of terrorists assembly at particular posts through satellites or other reliable sources, why don't we plan surgical strikes at those locations before disclosing the news on media?

By disclosing these news on media, we have alerted the Pakistanis and terrorists that we know their plans. If we couldn't do surgical strikes, atleast we could have ambushed them while they intruded into India. We should have maintained secret silence and pretended ignorance until then.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=303743

China is teaching South Indian languages such as Tamil and Malayalam to wireless radio operators of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA). The move is to understand intercepts of communication signals of the Indian armed forces deployed along the 3,500 km Line of Actual Control and the international border.

The PLA’s emphasis is more on the spoken aspects of these two South Indian languages, which help facilitate faster communication by the Indian Army. “No coding or decoding of cipher is required with the script and pronunciation of South Indian languages being extremely difficult for any person to comprehend without a working knowledge of these languages,” officials privy to the inputs said.

The Pakistani experience, according to sources, has taught China to learn to understand Tamil, Malayalam and a few other South Indian languages. “During the 1971 India-Pakistan war, our radio operators passed messages and commands on open channels in Tamil, which was Greek to the Pakistani forces. The Pakistanis were foxed by our Tamil and Malayalam-speaking radio operators,” said an official.

“China does not want to repeat the mistake by its all weather friend Pakistan during the 1971 war,” said an intelligent official.

PLA operatives’ understanding of South Indian languages will additionally help Beijing in gathering intelligence from Tamil-dominated pockets in Northeastern Sri Lanka, where the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) had a considerable sway till 2009 before being decimated by the forces of the island nation. China has a deal with Sri Lanka for majority control of Hambantota port in its southeast.

Indian forces such as the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, which guards the Indo-China border, is also training its new troops in Mandarin, the language of mainland China.

Changing Frequency Chinese wireless radio operators are learning Tamil and Malayalam to understand intercepts of the Indian Army

No coding or decoding of cipher is required with the script and pronunciation of South Indian languages
During the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war, Indian radio operators passed messages and commands on open channels in Tamil, which was Greek to the Pakistani forces

on a lighter note one of the comments by an Indian in the comments section

Kamlesh Khudabadi ·
Mumbai, India
In few days there will be news of more PLA soldiers committing suicide while trying to understand Tamil & Malayalam...aaj tak hum log hi nahi samajh paaye!!!!
No amount of classes will teach them our Tamil slang. I know non tamils who have lived in Chennai for years who can understand formal Tamil but have no clue when we're speaking slang. Tamil is completely different from any other language in the world, and it is nearly impossible for a foreigner to be proficient in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles