Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country flag
Bhai,in Google Earth web it isn't possible to watch an older map...So,I've checked out Google Earth App(Windows 10) where there is a Historical Imagery option in 'View'...I've seen the images appered in 'the print' and they are images of Google Earth in December showing some fortifications in North Doklam just across our positions...The present maps obviously show snow...I am unable 2 understand wats going on....Please check it out...Use Google Earth Software.
You can watch older maps, the new updated images are most probably pre/post-monsoon but before snow, very clear. I have not seen a clearer image of this area in any of the previous years maps on google earth.

Country flag
Which is why I dont bother with MSM reporting on sensitive Issues. Even expert opinions are not accurate as Serving personnel dont talk to media and retired ones do not have access to the latest intel.

Simply put there are a few points that can help us gauge the Indian response.
1. Satellite intel is available to us now from our own satellites. Almost real time alerts to any fresh development are now available
2. Army units in the area are being beefed up. You can see the last few days newspapers to pick up the titbits.
3. Airforce bases in the region are getting extra attention - again look for news published on movements.
4. Poor roads hamper Indian response, which means in case things go south, the Army will not try to make a forward defense - its stupid to throw away good men and material at a no win scenario. It will prepare for a defense in depth and bleed the Chinese.

The Chinese have their satellites as well. They know we know what they do. So if ever there is a flashpoint, they will not come in via Doklam. They might hit the Chickens Neck from behind via Myanmar but not where India is prepared and waiting
It is not just Chinese have beefed up their positions, our post also seems to have become bigger, I see wider smooth road(probably for tanks and BMP).

Also an approach road to Gamochen seems to have been made on our side along with a small post there.

BTW, the air base in Hasimara where 4 Su30MKI has been sent recently, will be upgraded as a full fledged base for Rafales, with MRO and training facilities other than Ambala.

Last edited:

Jaymax

It is not just Chinese have beefed up their positions, our post also seems to have become bigger, I see wider smooth road(probably for tanks and BMP).

Also an approach road to Gamochen seems to have been made on our side along with a small post there.
This road might be used to move heavy trucks and equipment. Tanks are not suited to rocky areas as their treads give out quicker. They like their flatlands where they can be used to their max potential. Its way easier to construct rock and stone positions and take out incoming tanks from 2kms out with ATGMs.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I tried but couldn't reach to this conclusion. I be happy to read good analysis backed by Maps that proves so.
Chinese are not inside Bhutan. They are on North Doklam, which is Chinese territory. India on its own can't go on and build military infra there, as the part where confrontation took place is Bhutanese territory.

Country flag
This road might be used to move heavy trucks and equipment. Tanks are not suited to rocky areas as their treads give out quicker. They like their flatlands where they can be used to their max potential. Its way easier to construct rock and stone positions and take out incoming tanks from 2kms out with ATGMs.
Tanks are welcome where ever they can be used, other than providing cover for infantry and suppressive fire. They also deeply damage the enemy morale, I wouldn't be surprised If Chinese bring their Merchandised light IFVs or tanks to fight, We did use tanks at Zozila pass with great effect.

Country flag
Chinese are not inside Bhutan. They are on North Doklam, which is Chinese territory. India on its own can't go on and build military infra there, as the part where confrontation took place is Bhutanese territory.
According to Indian and Bhutan position they are inside Bhutan, our trijunction position is Batang la, Chinese are well south of that.

Till now there was a truce and we allowed Chinese patrols and road construction for their nomads but they have clearly shown their true intentions and erased any doubts.

This opportunity should be used to fortify and increase connectivity to border areas at a war scale speed. And also rope in neighbors like Bhutan, Nepal into a security agreement by showing then the Chinese aggression.

Chinmoy

Country flag
According to Indian and Bhutan position they are inside Bhutan, our trijunction position is Batang la, Chinese are well south of that.

Till now there was a truce and we allowed Chinese patrols and road construction for their nomads but they have clearly shown their true intentions and erased any doubts.

This opportunity should be used to fortify and increase connectivity to border areas at a war scale speed. And also rope in neighbors like Bhutan, Nepal into a security agreement by showing then the Chinese aggression.
Actually no. China has not yet transgressed into any legal Bhutanese territory. But the construction is just on what we could say as No Mans Land on Chinese and Bhutanese border.

Jaymax

Tanks are welcome where ever they can be used, other than providing cover for infantry and suppressive fire. They also deeply damage the enemy morale, I wouldn't be surprised If Chinese bring their Merchandised light IFVs or tanks to fight, We did use tanks at Zozila pass with great effect.
Zojila was an offensive op where IA used the surprise effect of Tanks to capture a strong point. As a defensive force their use gets limited to mobile fire support. They can do it but not sure if thats what IA is planning. Moving tank units is time consuming, costly and worse - noisy - everyone gets to know.

Country flag
Actually no. China has not yet transgressed into any legal Bhutanese territory. But the construction is just on what we could say as No Mans Land on Chinese and Bhutanese border.
There is only one continent where no mans land is left and that is Antarctica, rest of the world is clearly marked. If you are saying that it is no mans land since no one lives there, then you can compare this to Aksai Chin, no one lives there but we still consider that our territory occupied by China. Doklam, North of Dokh la is Bhutan's Aksai Chin literally but the target here is India.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Lets see what is GoI and Bhutanese Government's response.

Please someone sign in with tera server satellite maps.

With Zoom Maps and dates I selected for Oct 2017 to January 2018 I couldn't find any thing.

Latitude
27° 17' 43.21" N

Longitude:
88° 54' 49.6" E

Chinmoy

Country flag
There is only one continent where no mans land is left and that is Antarctica, rest of the world is clearly marked. If you are saying that it is no mans land since no one lives there, then you can compare this to Aksai Chin, no one lives there but we still consider that our territory occupied by China. Doklam, North of Dokh la is Bhutan's Aksai Chin literally but the target here is India.
I am talking about buffer zone in all IB across the world. You can't post your force on that area. Although its open for citizen to occupy the place. China this time had build up their presence in buffer zone. But never the less it has not crossed into Bhutanese territory.

Country flag
Zojila was an offensive op where IA used the surprise effect of Tanks to capture a strong point. As a defensive force their use gets limited to mobile fire support. They can do it but not sure if thats what IA is planning. Moving tank units is time consuming, costly and worse - noisy - everyone gets to know.
I didn't say only defensive, they will be needed to clear Chinese trenches and bunkers in that area, If the offensive breaks. I agree that can also been done without It, But having seen BMPs in Kargil(picture present on this forum) post war, I think the Army might think about doing the same in this sector also.

Country flag
I am talking about buffer zone in all IB across the world. You can't post your force on that area. Although its open for citizen to occupy the place. China this time had build up their presence in buffer zone. But never the less it has not crossed into Bhutanese territory.
This is not the buffer zone, It is illegal crossing, the buffer one is 20km inside the Chumbi valley. Even the google maps show the boundary in yellow line, please see that. The boundary is well North of the Chinese position and starts at Batang la.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
north doklam is adjoinin Haa which is Bhutanese territory. They are well inside Bhutan.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@Guest @Screambowl ......... Please note that buffer zone is not something which is fixed. we could have a buffer zone of 1 km or as less as 50 meter. In case of Indo Bangla border, there are places where buffer zone is merely of few odd meters.

Now when you talk about yellow and red line on google map, you are not talking about politically agreed position. As far as China is concerned, it doesn't have any territorial dispute with Bhutan so far to claim their territory and as I have said earlier too, China is too clever on these issues. It could carry out active patrolling inside Bhutan, but would not build structure in its territory.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
it doesn't have any territorial dispute with Bhutan so far to claim their territory and as I have said earlier too,
At two places china has territorial dispute with Bhutan

one is the Haa district and other is the Gasa district.

Doklam is part of the dispute in Haa district.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles