Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
was they no there before objection was about the road
No they were not there with that much deployment.
I have posted the photos here on this forum , it was all clean

Now they are ON the platue with Faceoff with India, Inside Bhutanese territory.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
you are not getting what I said.

I said, they are present on the platue inside Bhutanese territory.
Because it is a disputed territory. They have been always present there. They were pushed back to a position comfortable to India with no strategic roads they can build.

Now they are strengthening their positions alleged by The Print's reporter Col. Vinayak Bhat. No one knows his source or source of the pictures.

I be happy if someone can prove it.

hit&run

No they were not there with that much deployment.
I have posted the photos here on this forum , it was all clean

Now they are ON the platue with Faceoff with India, Inside Bhutanese territory.
Please compare your old pictures with latest satellite images.

Thanks

Poseidon

Country flag
I’s the same old ‘renewed aggression at Doklam’ lie in a brand new ‘The Print’ package

Byunsubtledesi
Posted on January 17, 2018

It wasn’t too long ago, in October 2017 when we debunked the lies of renewed Chinese aggression at Doklam, but for some unexplained reason, this lie just doesn’t seem to die down.

I had explained that last time that for any Chinese troop build up to be of grave concern for India, the troop build up has to south of Sinchela Ridgeline.

As long as the PLA build up, or presence is not south of Sinchela Ridgeline and not between Batangla and Gyanmochen, it is preposterous to say that there is ‘renewed aggression’ by China. The dispute, as seen from the image, lies in South Doklam. North Doklam and beyond North Doklam, the Yadong area, is undisputed Chinese Territory and China is well within their democratic right to increase PLA presence in their own territory.

During the stand-off between India and China, India had objected to road construction in that area marked between blue and red lines. After disengagement, the status quo was agreed at 150m and that has not been breached.

The Print article claims that China has “occupied North Doklam” with armoured vehicles and 7 helipads. For the layman’s benefit, this is like saying India has “occupied” Sikkim by increasing the presence of its own troops in its own territory. As mentioned before, North Doklam and the area beyond North Doklam, Yadong, are undisputed Chinese territory and China can do as they please. One wonders then, what does The Print mean when it says that this poses “New trouble for India”?

PLA presence has always been there in Yadong and North Doklam and this phenomenon is nothing new. Increased presence, if at all, is of no relevance as long as the 150m status quo is maintained both by the Indian Army and PLA.

The Print article very cleverly says :

“The new images show concrete posts, seven helipads, new trenches and several dozen armoured vehicles close to the point where the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops were locked in a 72-day confrontation last year.

The discovery comes days after Army chief General Bipin Rawat said that China continues to have troops in North Doklam but also added that the deployment had thinned down recently.

However, new satellite imagery accessed by ThePrint from 10 December 2017 shows that the Chinese side is now well entrenched in the area, with heavy road building machinery still present close to the stand-off point”.

The author insinuates that the so-called build up of PLA is “close to the point where India and China were locked in a stand-off”. In an area like that of the Doklam plateau, a few kilometres can potentially take days to travel, hence this assertion doesn’t hold water unless the author gives the exact location of troop build up and proves that it is south of sinchela ridge.

Then, he goes on to quote the Army Chief, General Bipin Rawat who said that Chinese troops are present in North Doklam but the deployment has thinned. The author follows that by saying there is heavy machine deployment “close to the stand-off point”.

The author and The Print treacherously omit that North Doklam is Chinese territory and by repeatedly mentioning how it’s “close to stand-off point”, insinuate that there is already renewed aggression, an assertion that cannot be further from the truth.

A very interesting portion of the article says :

“A large number of troops seem to have been kept in tents under very good camouflage, but certainly not good enough for satellite imagery not to spot them”.

Firstly, the stand-off was triggered because of ‘pakka road construction in the disputed site’. When the author seeks to fear monger based on PLA troops, living in kaccha tents in their own territory, one can only be thoroughly amused. I wish someone also informed the author, that if the troop presence can be so easily tracked by commercial satellite imagery, the troops are probably not trying to hide at all. It’s their territory and they don’t feel the need to.

After a barrage of baseless assumptions, the author finally concludes with the central point :

“New roads have been constructed to cover the North Doklam plateau. Work is in progress to widen existing roads. Most of the roads have communication trenches running along them”.

The author ominously says that new roads have been constructed in North Doklam and there is work in progress to widen the existing roads. Again, to reiterate, they can build roads in North Doklam since it is undisputed Chinese territory. As far as the widening of existing roads are concerned, it is again not something that India objects to considering it’s in their own territory. The stand-off was a result of attempts to make new pakka roads in the disputed area, not widening of old roads in undisputed areas.

This embarrassingly oft-repeated lie was also responded to by National Security Analyst Nitin Gokhale.

Others pointed out that the Chinese are in their own territory and if they have 2 Battalions in their own territory, we have 2 divisions in ours, looking over them.

Just as the last time this lie was countered in October 2017, this time too the propagandists masquerading as journalists came out to express their glee. Now, either they are truly ignorant and have no idea that this is a lie, or they know this is a lie but would like to further it anyway, hoping, it hurts PM Modi’s image, even if it hurts India’s image in the process. Either way, the jubilance was discomforting.

These elements celebrating a lie, hoping that it were the truth, have conveniently ignored not only facts, but even the Army Chief General Bipin Rawat’s statementregarding the issue. The Chief said that they are present in North Doklam but the numbers have thinned down. That they have carried out infrastructure development, most of it temporary in nature. He said if they are there, we are also there (presumably, the chief meant that if they are present in their own area, we are present in ours too). He said if they come, India will face them but the mechanism of dialogue and to resolve such issues is functioning smoothly and he doesn’t expect any major trouble. But one has to be prepared.

The questions that plague this entire fiasco is two-pronged.

1. Why is this lie being regurgitated over and over again, with ambiguous language and wild assertions so as to confuse the reader into believing that there might indeed be some renewed tension between China and India. Every time this lie has been regurgitated, the articles have deliberately or ignorantly missed mentioning that the PLA presence is in China’s own territory and not in Indian or disputed territory.
  2. Are the journalists and politicians who seem to celebrate every time this lie is regurgitated aware of the ramifications such misreportage can have? China is known to be extremely well versed with psychological warfare and perhaps for the very first time, India is standing toe and toe and flexing its muscles right back. These attempts to sow seeds of doubt and weaken the psychology of the nation hurts not China, but India.
Perhaps the most hilarious excuse for this kind of rabble rousing is that they are trying to “warn the army” to “stay alert”. I only wish they knew that the army knows it’s job quite well, and perhaps, they don’t need to concoct lies simply to get the army to do their job.

One thus wonders, whose side are they on?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I’s the same old ‘renewed aggression at Doklam’ lie in a brand new ‘The Print’ package

Byunsubtledesi

It wasn’t too long ago, in October 2017 when we debunked the lies of renewed Chinese aggression at Doklam, but for some unexplained reason, this lie just doesn’t seem to die down.

I had explained that last time that for any Chinese troop build up to be of grave concern for India, the troop build up has to south of Sinchela Ridgeline.

As long as the PLA build up, or presence is not south of Sinchela Ridgeline and not between Batangla and Gyanmochen, it is preposterous to say that there is ‘renewed aggression’ by China. The dispute, as seen from the image, lies in South Doklam. North Doklam and beyond North Doklam, the Yadong area, is undisputed Chinese Territory and China is well within their democratic right to increase PLA presence in their own territory.

During the stand-off between India and China, India had objected to road construction in that area marked between blue and red lines. After disengagement, the status quo was agreed at 150m and that has not been breached.

The Print article claims that China has “occupied North Doklam” with armoured vehicles and 7 helipads. For the layman’s benefit, this is like saying India has “occupied” Sikkim by increasing the presence of its own troops in its own territory. As mentioned before, North Doklam and the area beyond North Doklam, Yadong, are undisputed Chinese territory and China can do as they please. One wonders then, what does The Print mean when it says that this poses “New trouble for India”?

PLA presence has always been there in Yadong and North Doklam and this phenomenon is nothing new. Increased presence, if at all, is of no relevance as long as the 150m status quo is maintained both by the Indian Army and PLA.

The Print article very cleverly says :

“The new images show concrete posts, seven helipads, new trenches and several dozen armoured vehicles close to the point where the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops were locked in a 72-day confrontation last year.

The discovery comes days after Army chief General Bipin Rawat said that China continues to have troops in North Doklam but also added that the deployment had thinned down recently.

However, new satellite imagery accessed by ThePrint from 10 December 2017 shows that the Chinese side is now well entrenched in the area, with heavy road building machinery still present close to the stand-off point”.

The author insinuates that the so-called build up of PLA is “close to the point where India and China were locked in a stand-off”. In an area like that of the Doklam plateau, a few kilometres can potentially take days to travel, hence this assertion doesn’t hold water unless the author gives the exact location of troop build up and proves that it is south of sinchela ridge.

Then, he goes on to quote the Army Chief, General Bipin Rawat who said that Chinese troops are present in North Doklam but the deployment has thinned. The author follows that by saying there is heavy machine deployment “close to the stand-off point”.

The author and The Print treacherously omit that North Doklam is Chinese territory and by repeatedly mentioning how it’s “close to stand-off point”, insinuate that there is already renewed aggression, an assertion that cannot be further from the truth.

A very interesting portion of the article says :

“A large number of troops seem to have been kept in tents under very good camouflage, but certainly not good enough for satellite imagery not to spot them”.

Firstly, the stand-off was triggered because of ‘pakka road construction in the disputed site’. When the author seeks to fear monger based on PLA troops, living in kaccha tents in their own territory, one can only be thoroughly amused. I wish someone also informed the author, that if the troop presence can be so easily tracked by commercial satellite imagery, the troops are probably not trying to hide at all. It’s their territory and they don’t feel the need to.

After a barrage of baseless assumptions, the author finally concludes with the central point :

“New roads have been constructed to cover the North Doklam plateau. Work is in progress to widen existing roads. Most of the roads have communication trenches running along them”.

The author ominously says that new roads have been constructed in North Doklam and there is work in progress to widen the existing roads. Again, to reiterate, they can build roads in North Doklam since it is undisputed Chinese territory. As far as the widening of existing roads are concerned, it is again not something that India objects to considering it’s in their own territory. The stand-off was a result of attempts to make new pakka roads in the disputed area, not widening of old roads in undisputed areas.

This embarrassingly oft-repeated lie was also responded to by National Security Analyst Nitin Gokhale.

Others pointed out that the Chinese are in their own territory and if they have 2 Battalions in their own territory, we have 2 divisions in ours, looking over them.

Just as the last time this lie was countered in October 2017, this time too the propagandists masquerading as journalists came out to express their glee. Now, either they are truly ignorant and have no idea that this is a lie, or they know this is a lie but would like to further it anyway, hoping, it hurts PM Modi’s image, even if it hurts India’s image in the process. Either way, the jubilance was discomforting.

These elements celebrating a lie, hoping that it were the truth, have conveniently ignored not only facts, but even the Army Chief General Bipin Rawat’s statementregarding the issue. The Chief said that they are present in North Doklam but the numbers have thinned down. That they have carried out infrastructure development, most of it temporary in nature. He said if they are there, we are also there (presumably, the chief meant that if they are present in their own area, we are present in ours too). He said if they come, India will face them but the mechanism of dialogue and to resolve such issues is functioning smoothly and he doesn’t expect any major trouble. But one has to be prepared.

The questions that plague this entire fiasco is two-pronged.

1. Why is this lie being regurgitated over and over again, with ambiguous language and wild assertions so as to confuse the reader into believing that there might indeed be some renewed tension between China and India. Every time this lie has been regurgitated, the articles have deliberately or ignorantly missed mentioning that the PLA presence is in China’s own territory and not in Indian or disputed territory.
  2. Are the journalists and politicians who seem to celebrate every time this lie is regurgitated aware of the ramifications such misreportage can have? China is known to be extremely well versed with psychological warfare and perhaps for the very first time, India is standing toe and toe and flexing its muscles right back. These attempts to sow seeds of doubt and weaken the psychology of the nation hurts not China, but India.
Perhaps the most hilarious excuse for this kind of rabble rousing is that they are trying to “warn the army” to “stay alert”. I only wish they knew that the army knows it’s job quite well, and perhaps, they don’t need to concoct lies simply to get the army to do their job.

One thus wonders, whose side are they on?
incorrect

they Chinese are already on the platue which adjoins the Haa province of Bhutan and part of Bhutanese territory. They hve achieved what they wanted.

From there they can carry out sumgling easily to fund Maoists and Naxals in NE.

hit&run

I tried to dig latest Satellite maps took me so hard to locate the Doka La Plateau as i corroborated it with Google earth. Followed all the track but found nothing significant that is man made on the plateau. Rather Indian side had bigger sheds and structures.

May be the Map I saw is not latest. https://zoom.earth/#27.315349,88.939133,12z,sat

I will leave it open, waiting for the latest Maps showing Chinese building up.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I tried to dig latest Satellite maps took me so hard to locate the Doka La Plateau as i corroborated it with Google earth. Followed all the track but found nothing significant that is man made on the plateau. Rather Indian side had bigger sheds and structures.

May be the Map I saw is not latest. https://zoom.earth/#27.315349,88.939133,12z,sat

I will leave it open, waiting for the latest Maps showing Chinese building up.
this is a very old map

the current map would have snow so it would be tough to spot right now. Find a map 2-3 months old.

hit&run

this is a very old map

the current map would have snow so it would be tough to spot right now. Find a map 2-3 months old.
Glad you said it.

The maps The Print reporter claim to show is from December 2017. And it shows lush green grounds.

The lie was detected soon after Porkis posted the pictures with December dates.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Glad you said it.

The maps The Print reporter claim to show is from December 2017. And it shows lush green grounds.

The lie was detected soon after Porkis posted the pictures with December dates.
the one which they showed with mech veh and tanks etc could be a fake one or real is not of my concern.. But my point is, chinese are already there on the doklam there is no doubt about it. And they are too much deep inside Bhutanese territory.

Country flag
they don't need to fire. they are already inside Bhutanese territory with whole brigade How would it matter if they are just 100m away from Indian position. They are already on Platue.

View attachment 22589
The Chinese are mid way, from Indian and Chinese positions, The place you are talking about was the stand off point.

What happened in August 2017 was that the Army stopped them at Doka la, they were making road to Gamochen, which is their position.

It seems that they are heavily militarizing the whole area, which means our forces need to do the same and Bhutan also.

Tactically their position is vulnerable in case hostilities break, since they would be surrounded from two sides by Indian and Bhutan at a lower ground, making It a kill zone. This should be used to put more Indian Army bases in Bhutan.

And get a better security agreement with them.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
this is a very old map

Bhai,in Google Earth web it isn't possible to watch an older map...So,I've checked out Google Earth App(Windows 10) where there is a Historical Imagery option in 'View'...I've seen the images appered in 'the print' and they are images of Google Earth in December showing some fortifications in North Doklam just across our positions...The present maps obviously show snow...I am unable 2 understand wats going on....Please check it out...Use Google Earth Software.

Jaymax

Byunsubtledesi

Which is why I dont bother with MSM reporting on sensitive Issues. Even expert opinions are not accurate as Serving personnel dont talk to media and retired ones do not have access to the latest intel.

Simply put there are a few points that can help us gauge the Indian response.
1. Satellite intel is available to us now from our own satellites. Almost real time alerts to any fresh development are now available
2. Army units in the area are being beefed up. You can see the last few days newspapers to pick up the titbits.
3. Airforce bases in the region are getting extra attention - again look for news published on movements.
4. Poor roads hamper Indian response, which means in case things go south, the Army will not try to make a forward defense - its stupid to throw away good men and material at a no win scenario. It will prepare for a defense in depth and bleed the Chinese.

The Chinese have their satellites as well. They know we know what they do. So if ever there is a flashpoint, they will not come in via Doklam. They might hit the Chickens Neck from behind via Myanmar but not where India is prepared and waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles