Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

pmaitra

@Akim, lots of old videos and pictures resurface and are claimed to be recent. We have seen New York Times claim a bearded militiaman in Slavyansk to be from the Russia-Georgia War, but turned out to be false by a Norwegian newspaper called Dagbladet.

There have been cases of beheadings in Chechnya, but I don't believe any Russian casualty in Syria as yet. If this were true, it would filter out in a jiffy.

True or not, it is better for a Russian soldier to die fighting in Syria than Russian civilians get bombed in a theatre in Moscow or a trolley-bus in Volgograd.

Take the war to the enemy before they bring the war to your home.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Akim, lots of old videos and pictures resurface and are claimed to be recent. We have seen New York Times claim a bearded militiaman in Slavyansk to be from the Russia-Georgia War, but turned out to be false by a Norwegian newspaper called Dagbladet.

There have been cases of beheadings in Chechnya, but I don't believe any Russian casualty in Syria as yet. If this were true, it would filter out in a jiffy.

True or not, it is better for a Russian soldier to die fighting in Syria than Russian civilians get bombed in a theatre in Moscow or a trolley-bus in Volgograd.

Take the war to the enemy before they bring the war to your home.
I .e. you support the US policy?

pmaitra

I .e. you support the US policy?
Neither i.e., nor do I support US policy, which can range from lying about weapons of mass destruction to spreading ******ry.

Be specific. I support the US going after Osama bin Laden, but that does not mean I support the US arming those liver eating Jihadis in Syria.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Neither i.e., nor do I support US policy, which can range from lying about weapons of mass destruction to spreading ******ry.

Be specific. I support the US going after Osama bin Laden, but that does not mean I support the US arming those liver eating Jihadis in Syria.
I'm talking about a more global scope. That the United States gave the war to her she came to him . Russia has nothing to offer other than military force. China takes over the world without weapons.

pmaitra

I'm talking about a more global scope. That the United States gave the war to her she came to him . Russia has nothing to offer other than military force. China takes over the world without weapons.
Regarding trying to bring the war closer to Russia, it is part of the Wolfowitz Doctrine.

Read again, if you have already, or read, if you have not already:

Yoast19 hours ago

"But inconsistency still reigns in DC."

On the contrary, Washington's policy has been very consistent since WW2. If you think it is inconsistent, maybe you should reconsider what their objectives are. They are certainly not "creating peace and stability."

Obama is playing The Grand Chessboard according to Brzezinski's teachings, his chief foreign policy advisor. His moves may seem inconsistent, but the objectives are clearly stated in the Wolfowitz Doctrine, to maintain superpower status at any cost: "Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere."

This means creating war and chaos all over the Eurasian continent, the destruction of Russia and to loot its resources. However, this strategy will only postpone the inevitable: the collapse of the US empire.

Obviously, Obama cannot publicly announce his strategies, he tries to hide the fact that they need to create terrorists so they can bomb the affected countries to pieces while pretending to fight for peace and democracy.

Meanwhile, he tries to pull Russia into a costly war to weaken the country, just like when Brzezinski created the Afghan war that ended the Soviet Union. Unfortunately for Obama, Putin knows this and won't take the bait and THAT is what really gets the neocons fuming.

Coming to Russia has nothing to offer other than miltiary force, this is utter nonsense. Russia always offered a diplomatic solution in Syria, but the US and US backed al-Qaida affiliates refused. Same in Ukraine. Russia asked for federalization, but Nuland's Boy Yatz and the chocolate seller instead wanted to fight, and got Kotyol 1 and Kotyol 2 in return.

Cadian

@Akim andd @Cadian,

I am confused. Is there some relationship between the numbers 100500 and 42?
Well, 100500 is a Russian internet meme, is read as "one hundred five hundred" which means the unbelievable big quantity.

42 is kinda meme too, which is taken from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" movie.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Regarding trying to bring the war closer to Russia, it is part of the Wolfowitz Doctrine.

Read again, if you have already, or read, if you have not already:

Yoast19 hours ago

"But inconsistency still reigns in DC."

On the contrary, Washington's policy has been very consistent since WW2. If you think it is inconsistent, maybe you should reconsider what their objectives are. They are certainly not "creating peace and stability."

Obama is playing The Grand Chessboard according to Brzezinski's teachings, his chief foreign policy advisor. His moves may seem inconsistent, but the objectives are clearly stated in the Wolfowitz Doctrine, to maintain superpower status at any cost: "Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere."

This means creating war and chaos all over the Eurasian continent, the destruction of Russia and to loot its resources. However, this strategy will only postpone the inevitable: the collapse of the US empire.

Obviously, Obama cannot publicly announce his strategies, he tries to hide the fact that they need to create terrorists so they can bomb the affected countries to pieces while pretending to fight for peace and democracy.

Meanwhile, he tries to pull Russia into a costly war to weaken the country, just like when Brzezinski created the Afghan war that ended the Soviet Union. Unfortunately for Obama, Putin knows this and won't take the bait and THAT is what really gets the neocons fuming.

Coming to Russia has nothing to offer other than miltiary force, this is utter nonsense. Russia always offered a diplomatic solution in Syria, but the US and US backed al-Qaida affiliates refused. Same in Ukraine. Russia asked for federalization, but Nuland's Boy Yatz and the chocolate seller instead wanted to fight, and got Kotyol 1 and Kotyol 2 in return.
Do you think I can trust this site? Russia is already involved in two wars. There are two hot spots (Nagorno-Karabakh and Tajikistan). Why on the website does not write that a group of Marines from the Far East refused to go to Syria and are now in jail in Novorossiysk and are awaiting charges of state treason?

Azerbaijani military exercises near Nagorno-Karabakh.

pmaitra

Completely off topic. All your posts somehow gyrate towards bashing Russia. Just so that you know, Azerbaijan and EU are upset with each other and it is expected that Azerbaijan will tend to move closer to Russia. So will Armenia, despite their mutual border tensions.

Go figure, but stick to the topic.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Completely off topic. All your posts somehow gyrate towards bashing Russia. Just so that you know, Azerbaijan and EU are upset with each other and it is expected that Azerbaijan will tend to move closer to Russia. So will Armenia, despite their mutual border tensions.

Go figure, but stick to the topic.
You don't get it. This applies to Russian military support in Syria. Economically Azerbaijan cooperates little with Russia (only 7.5% of turnover). Its main trading partners are Turkey and China. As soon as Russia will be involved in the war in Syria, Azerbaijan to regain Nagorno-Karabakh.

pmaitra

You don't get it. This applies to Russian military support in Syria. Economically Azerbaijan cooperates little with Russia (only 7.5% of turnover). Its main trading partners are Turkey and China. As soon as Russia will be involved in the war in Syria, Azerbaijan to regain Nagorno-Karabakh.
We shall see about Azerbaijan. As far as I am concerned, I'd love to see those Sukhois go and fry those ISIS thugs.

apple

Why would they waste their money on such things.They don't gain anything fighting them.Their interest is Assad.They would do anything to save him.
If they wont to protect Assad, then they'll have to attack ISIS eventually.

But yes, I agree with your description. Any help they send will be focused on "US backed Al Qaeda" and they'll rely on the western air support to keep the Kurds and other anti ISIS+ Assad groups alive.

Although, thought Russia was a potential superpower who the west has dragged into a war in the Ukraine to weaken. The support they've shown so far is a bit more than the military superpower of the Netherlands and quite a bit less than what Australia's sent. Is that the level of Russia's "superpowerness"?

Suspect the Russia military will find insurgents rather harder to kill than Australian and Dutch civilians.

Varahamihira

Country flag
If they wont to protect Assad, then they'll have to attack ISIS eventually.

But yes, I agree with your description. Any help they send will be focused on "US backed Al Qaeda" and they'll rely on the western air support to keep the Kurds and other anti ISIS+ Assad groups alive.

Although, thought Russia was a potential superpower who the west has dragged into a war in the Ukraine to weaken. The support they've shown so far is a bit more than the military superpower of the Netherlands and quite a bit less than what Australia's sent. Is that the level of Russia's "superpowerness"?

Suspect the Russia military will find insurgents rather harder to kill than Australian and Dutch civilians.
Don't out them that quickly.Russia is still a superpower.Presently there are only two super powers US and Russia.
Fighting ISIS is not on the cards but if their Assets'(Assad's) assets were harmed they'll move into action.Now Assad's assets have become their assets too.They own Assad he is their only game in Syria.

How the power transition happens has to be seen on the negotiating table with US.

apple

Don't out them that quickly.Russia is still a superpower.Presently there are only two super powers US and Russia.
Fighting ISIS is not on the cards but if their Assets'(Assad's) assets were harmed they'll move into action.Now Assad's assets have become their assets too.They own Assad he is their only game in Syria.

How the power transition happens has to be seen on the negotiating table with US.
Am constantly surprised by the extent of the pro Russian sentiments on this, an Indian, website.

There's only superpower, China will become one too soon enough and India has the potential to be one. That's the whole list, ignoring the EU.

Russia's an insolvent European (+some other bits) state, run by and for morons, that happens to have a large military.

Don't agree with your new description of what's happening/ going to happen in Syria. Do you think ISIS in Syria hasn't been attacking pro Assad forces?

Do you imagine ISIS and the pro Assad forces will come to some kind of truce?

Varahamihira

Country flag
Am constantly surprised by the extent of the pro Russian sentiments on this, an Indian, website.

There's only superpower, China will become one too soon enough and India has the potential to be one. That's the whole list, ignoring the EU.

Russia's an insolvent European (+some other bits) state, run by and for morons, that happens to have a large military.

Don't agree with your new description of what's happening/ going to happen in Syria. Do you think ISIS in Syria hasn't been attacking pro Assad forces?

Do you imagine ISIS and the pro Assad forces will come to some kind of truce?
Hahaha...I ain't a Pro-Russian or Pro-Amercan.I'm just Pro-India.

Russia is still a Super power.Can't say the same about a decade from now.But we can agree to disagree on that.

Time has come now to exploit the war spoils.So it's waste of time fighting by either of the proxies.Transition of power may happen.Russia will put it's might on backing Assad.ISIS is not their concern.They are buying time for negotiations to start.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles