Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
I call that bullshit. Most likely it was an engine failure and the Ukrainians being the retards they are want to take credit for something that they did not do.
We should avoid to immediately discredit every single one of Ukraine's claims as being "fake". Some posters here act as if Ukraine always lies and Russia is some holy saint that won't lie.

Ukraine says that it shot the aircraft from a distance of 300km. My doubt is what kind of an ADS did they use to down the Tupolev? Which ADS can hit Targets at such distances? That is my only doubt.

The counter argument put forth is that the aircraft crashed as a result of a mechanical failure of the onboard engines. Firstly its very rare for an engine failure to occur on a plane. Let's assume that one of the board engines failed, that still wouldn't have caused a crash.

The Tupolev Tu-22M3 uses two Kuznetsov NK-25 turbofan aircraft engines. Each of these engines can generate a wet thrust of 245 kN and a dry thrust of 145 kN. Even if one of the Onboard engines fail, it does not mean that aircraft will come crashing down. If one engine fails, the other will still be operational and can generate adequate thrust to keep the aircraft in the air and back to base.

Even civilian jetliners can fly with one engine but for that to happen one needs a very skilled pilot, and to compensate for the asymmetric thrust, rudder and aileron inputs can be used.

Soldier355

Country flag
Rare footage of the combat work of the Russian air defense system "Pantsir-S1" in the Belgorod region of Russia. The video shows the interception of Ukrainian RM-70 Vampire MLRS missiles. As can be seen in the video, the combat work is quite effective and outwardly resembles the work of the Israeli Iron Dome air defense system. Reportedly, 25 shells of the RM-70 Vampire multiple launch rocket system and three unmanned aerial vehicles of the Ukrainian army were intercepted.

ww2historian

Country flag
Macron's statement about French troops, Scholz's statement about additional 6 Patriot batteries, yesterday's statement from Speaker Johnson. Shells from the Czech initiative will be available in May, and shells from the EU are already arriving. 138 million dollars to modernize our Hawks.
It doesn't look like the West is abandoning Ukraine.

"It doesn't look like the West is abandoning Ukraine."
Perhaps, but supporting them with weapons is them telling Ukraine we want you fighting till the last person. This is good for Russia in the long run, total anhelation=total victory. Senator Lindsey Graham said Ukraine will fight till the last person and Mitt Romney said "we" meaning the USA are losing no men. It reminds me of General Patton when he said don't die for your country let the German bastard die for his. Romney is basically saying the same thing "don't let Americans die fighting the Russians, let the stupid Ukrainian bastard die instead.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
"It doesn't look like the West is abandoning Ukraine."
Perhaps, but supporting them with weapons is them telling Ukraine we want you fighting till the last person. This is good for Russia in the long run, total anhelation=total victory. Senator Lindsey Graham said Ukraine will fight till the last person and Mitt Romney said "we" meaning the USA are losing no men. It reminds me of General Patton when he said don't die for your country let the German bastard die for his. Romney is basically saying the same thing "don't let Americans die fighting the Russians, let the stupid Ukrainian bastard die instead.
If there is no direct threat to the United States, then why is an American soldier needed here? How is the knowledge of American Joni better than the knowledge of Ukrainian Mark?
This is not the early 40s of the last century. These are different times. At that time, the USSR was still an agricultural country and you, as a WW2 history buff, should know that the Americans offered to supply the M1 Garand here, but it turned out to be structurally more complex than the SVT-40 (although more reliable) and the Soviet military refused, because the technical level of an ordinary Soviet soldier did not allow It’s even normal to service SVT-40 and even AVS-36.
Regarding the "last Ukrainian". Somehow they don’t look very much like Russians.
IMG_20240420_070306_805.jpg

ww2historian

Country flag
If there is no direct threat to the United States, then why is an American soldier needed here? How is the knowledge of American Joni better than the knowledge of Ukrainian Mark?
This is not the early 40s of the last century. These are different times. At that time, the USSR was still an agricultural country and you, as a WW2 history buff, should know that the Americans offered to supply the M1 Garand here, but it turned out to be structurally more complex than the SVT-40 (although more reliable) and the Soviet military refused, because the technical level of an ordinary Soviet soldier did not allow It’s even normal to service SVT-40 and even AVS-36.
Regarding the "last Ukrainian". Somehow they don’t look very much like Russians.
View attachment 249280
There is no direct threat to the US. That's why we shouldn't send shit to Ukraine. We need to mind our own fucking business and deal with our own massive problems. Also once again you bring up irrelevant topics, a WW2 rifle. It that information a game changer? Wow! I bet Ukraine will win the war now because you reminded everyone of how dumb Russian men are, they can't service their own rifles. BTW here's more bad news for Ukraine.
Russia Showcases New Drone and Modern Arms Shocked The World

Akim

Professional
Country flag
There is no direct threat to the US. That's why we shouldn't send shit to Ukraine. We need to mind our own fucking business and deal with our own massive problems. Also once again you bring up irrelevant topics, a WW2 rifle. It that information a game changer? Wow! I bet Ukraine will win the war now because you reminded everyone of how dumb Russian men are, they can't service their own rifles. BTW here's more bad news for Ukraine.
Russia Showcases New Drone and Modern Arms Shocked The World
Why do only Russians have anything to do with it? This was a problem for all peoples who lived in the USSR. Barely literate population. Of course, the situation was much better than in the Russian Empire, but still, the majority of the army were peasants.
Is your knowledge of WW2 limited only to the US involvement?
In America, translations of captured German documents were always available. Consider how surprised they were by the poverty in those Soviet territories that they captured. Therefore, the Red Army, when it began to replace the Nazi occupation with the Soviet one (since 1944), robbed everyone when it crossed the border of the Soviet Union.
About the drone. I don't care much about Russian propaganda. It only impresses people with weak knowledge. You recently showed a video here from Omsk and I saw the weakness of the Russian tank industry. I won’t go into detail.

ovalpiston

Country flag
It is not $48 billion but $61 billion to Ukraine and $14 billion to Israel. There was no doubt that US would pass this bill sooner or later, and it was passed comfortably by the house with bipartisan support and will sail through the senate quickly.

The bill was a mere formality, Ukraine has managed to keep the frontlines intact because US has not stopped supplying them. It will be interesting to see what Israel does next. With the Iran chapter over for now and with new funding, i wonder if they will enter Rafah and Lebanon at the same time.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Do Tanks Have a Place in 21st-Century Warfare?

Note.
The tank has been “buried” since the 20s of the last century (when anti-tank guns appeared), but still the concept of the tank continues to live.
Heavy armor is becoming a thing of the past. Now the tank should be more mobile.

kittoo420

Country flag
It is not $48 billion but $61 billion to Ukraine and $14 billion to Israel. There was no doubt that US would pass this bill sooner or later, and it was passed comfortably by the house with bipartisan support and will sail through the senate quickly.

The bill was a mere formality, Ukraine has managed to keep the frontlines intact because US has not stopped supplying them. It will be interesting to see what Israel does next. With the Iran chapter over for now and with new funding, i wonder if they will enter Rafah and Lebanon at the same time.
Man this thing is going to go on for a few more years at this rate.
BTW what's the manpower situation of Ukraine? Can they sustain it for, let's say, 2-3 more years?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Man this thing is going to go on for a few more years at this rate.
BTW what's the manpower situation of Ukraine? Can they sustain it for, let's say, 2-3 more years?
Do we really have a choice. We will fight as long as necessary.

Hari Sud

Country flag
What about Ukraine’s spring offensive this year. The last year’s spring offensive miserably failed. If they have something like that in mind then it will fail with bigger losses.

Take my advice, ……end this war and remove Zelensky.

kittoo420

Country flag
What about Ukraine’s spring offensive this year. The last year’s spring offensive miserably failed. If they have something like that in mind then it will fail with bigger losses.

Most of money will be spent on providing armaments that can make trouble for a Russian advance (ATGMs, Drones, artillery shells etc.). I don't think Ukraine is in any way capable of an advance.

The Russians are in tough spot too. Whenever they try to launch an armored assault, they get whacked. With this aid package that situation will get worse and Ukranians will dig-in better. So do the Russians just sit there and not do anything? Or do they risk it? Not doing anything can also mean losing the initiative and Mayne relinquishing small pieces of territories to Ukranians every now and then.

That's why I personally think this thing will go on for years, until either Ukranie is exhausted of its fighting population or Russia of its war resources (cause west has almost infinite monetary resources).

Soldier355

Country flag
Footage of combat work in Ukraine, Russian BMP-2M, the location of the shooting is not reported. BMP-2M is a modernized version of the BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle, technical information in the video link in the comments to the video. BMP-2M of the Pskov paratroopers, supposedly breaking through to the rear of the Ukrainian army for a landing. Incredibly, the BMP-2M withstood two FPV drone attacks, an RPG attack and a cluster munition attack, as will be shown at the end of the video. Perhaps the BMP-2M had additional armor, since such an attack is difficult even for a tank to withstand. The armored vehicle commander reportedly received a slight concussion as a result of the attack.

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Is this the cowardice of the soul? We didn't start the war. You can continue to make up stories about our fantastic losses. I'm not surprised though. If even one moron, Congressman V. Sparts, mumbles about bio-laboratories, then there are many ordinary citizens with similar ideas. But they don’t decide anything and their opinion is not heavier than air.
New offensive with what? With rocks? Even last year’s deliveries were only a third of what was promised, and even now they are not fully completed. Although it’s already the 2nd quarter of next year.
We'll see how it will be further. So far the Russians have gone for broke and continue to advance instead of regrouping. When their strength runs out, it will be easier to offensive.
I have already said that a truce between our countries is impossible. One of the states must disappear.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles