Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Craigs

Country flag
Hahahhahahhahahaha - asia times sure. Proxy british mouthpiece. I am supposed to believe the history as written by "British" and "British-trained" sources. The land in question bordered both China and Russia since time immemorial and the people shared mixed ethnicity. This is not the same as a historically, geographically, culturally separate land colonized by Western powers solely for exploitation. Get your definition of colonizing right.

China was weak then and sought to balance the western powers by aligning with an eastern power and they signed this treaty. Whether they were happy or not nobody put a gun to their head.

RocketMan

Country flag
I don't think North Korea could survive without the help of China. We do not have such neighbors, we did not have such enemies against whom we need nuclear weapons. This is what created the illusion in general of the need to have an army. It's not just us. Almost all European countries were disarmed. But someone longed for revenge.
Ukraine had the most powerful army in Europe (even stronger than Russia) after USSR collapsed in 1991 . 780000 troops heavily armed , equipped & trained for combined arms warfare to overrun NATO through fulda gap & drive to river Rhine . They had tactical nukes , MRLS , attack helos , MiG 29, Su 30s, T80 tanks , BMP2s , SpH & , powerful Airforce & Air Defence & a Navy with 200 warships . In fact they could have beaten Moscow in a war ! All of that combat potential wasted .

Blood+

Country flag
Ukraine had the most powerful army in Europe (even stronger than Russia) after USSR collapsed in 1991 . 780000 troops heavily armed , equipped & trained for combined arms warfare to overrun NATO through fulda gap & drive to river Rhine . They had tactical nukes , MRLS , attack helos , MiG 29, Su 30s, T80 tanks , BMP2s , SpH & , powerful Airforce & Air Defence & a Navy with 200 warships . In fact they could have beaten Moscow in a war ! All of that combat potential wasted .
Didn't have the arming codes though, or so I've heard.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Nor had the option to bypass those or even keep nukes...the Western condition of supporting Ukraine's sovereignty or to be precise, not invade it to disarm nuclear power was to transfer to Russia or destroy all nuclear assets

Quite similar story to South Africa in some regards.

At the time of collapse of Soviet Union, Ukraine had the potential to be even more powerful than Russia given its expertise in everything from engines to rocketry to tanks. Also they had quite a good economy. But years of corruption ruined everything

Blademaster

That's what people keep forgetting. Ukraine never had the arming codes. They could crack open the nukes but they didn't have the necessary experience/know how to transfer the nuke core and reshape them to precise configurations. Ukraine would have to embark on a new nuke building program for which they would have to build the knowledge base from scratch and would cost billions of dollars. At that time, they didn't have that money or resources. In fact they were in need of money so the US Senator Lugar (or what's his name) created a program where they would pay Ukraine billions of dollars if they would transfer the nuclear materials back to the US or to Russia or whatever.

Blademaster

Yes but Ukraine had no money to pay for all of these. All of the money came from Moscow not Kiev.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I disagree. I started my military training in 1993. Do you know what it's like to not get paid for months? Do you know how to push to the 2S1 range because there is no diesel fuel? Do you know how to eat fat instead of meat and dried potatoes from the 70s? There are hundreds of such questions. To solve them, it was necessary to transfer the economy from a planned to a market model. The last thing I cared about then was nuclear warheads.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Hahahhahahhahahaha - asia times sure. Proxy british mouthpiece. I am supposed to believe the history as written by "British" and "British-trained" sources. The land in question bordered both China and Russia since time immemorial and the people shared mixed ethnicity. This is not the same as a historically, geographically, culturally separate land colonized by Western powers solely for exploitation. Get your definition of colonizing right.

China was weak then and sought to balance the western powers by aligning with an eastern power and they signed this treaty. Whether they were happy or not nobody put a gun to their head.
Somehow I'm not surprised by your answer. Keep believing that the moon is the sun.

Ylside

Country flag
Cmon, dude, this is too much even for a self-hating Westerner 🤡 No empire cedes 1,5 millions square kilometers (almost half of India) willingly. They signed it about as voluntarily as all those Native American chieftains signing treaties with "White Father of Washington". Why do you think Chinese call these documents signed during Opium wars as "Unequal treaties" ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles