Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

gajapati

Country flag
i think thats just ATGM ,

burgers wants to sell us their jets , F18 hornet , f-16 , f-21 . some air defence missile thing . drones .

their plan for this decade is get us to buy as much of their shit as possible .

weed us off "russian dependence" and create "US dependence"
f18 for navy seems more possible now .. Drone deal as well .. for air force very less chance . In any case we ll be flying 100 plus fighter jets with American engine in few years .

another_armchair

Country flag
i think thats just ATGM ,

burgers wants to sell us their jets , F18 hornet , f-16 , f-21 . some air defence missile thing . drones .

their plan for this decade is get us to buy as much of their shit as possible .

weed us off "russian dependence" and create "US dependence"
They are pushing the F-15 EX.

Shukla is already on the job peddling it for Boeing.

He is really excited after this bit of news - https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/us-approves-f-15-sale-to-indonesia

The United States has approved the sale of Boeing F-15 Advanced Eagle combat aircraft to Indonesia for an estimated USD13.9 billion.

36 Indonesian-specific F-15ID variants of the Advanced Eagle, as well as related equipment, spares, mission kit, training, and support. Besides the aircraft's internal M61A Vulcan Gatling gun, weapons are not included in the package.

sorcerer

Country flag
Xi delivers devastating blow to Putin as China pulls plug on sanctions-busting deal

However, UnionPay yesterday unexpectedly pulled out of talks with Sberbank and other Russian financial institutions on the West’s economic black list.

It is believed that the Chinese company is afraid that western countries will impose secondary sanctions on the firm if they cooperate with Moscow.

well!! here goes the UNION PAY alternate to SWIFT.

China’s Visa, Mastercard Alternative Backs Away From Russia – Reports

China’s UnionPay system refused to cooperate with Russia’s biggest lender Sberbank and suspended talks with other banks for fear of secondary sanctions, the RBC news website reported Wednesday.

:popcorn:

Looks like sacntions work faster and decisive than hyper sonic missiles

ww2historian

Country flag
Is there any chance for a few (may be a hundred or so) Ukrainian marines still hold up in Mariupol. Their lives should be spared. Their bravery to be applauded. Although there Is no hope, yet their grit and determination is a stuff of the text book. The same thing happened in Ukraine in 1941 during WW2 when a few hundred Russian soldiers refused to surrender at Sevastopol to give the Germans a victory. In the end Germans brought in a rail gun which lobbed half a ton shell and broke the fortress. …… Cheers
Marines? No, it's the neo Nazi Azovs. These war criminals are fighting till the end, not because they are brave, but because they know the will be tried and executed. They have nothing to lose. Most are probably going to commit suicide like Hitler.

another_armchair

Country flag
If we buy f15x ... we ll have such diverse store of fighter jets .. then aliens ll start coming to india instead of USA thinking our air force to be united nation air force .. :rofl:

12 C-130Js, $328.8 million for five years.

That's $65.76 million per year for 12 planes.

$5.48 million per plane per year.

We bought 6 C-130J's in 2008 for $1.08 billion.

Blademaster

We all know this will have bad outcome for us, irrespective how they sweeten the deal.
They offer either vassal status like Pakistan (not even Korea/japan) or become an enemy state. Economy etc is important, but our strategic autonomy is invaluable.
These buggers are seeing us as cannon fodder for their future fighting enterprise. Like British empire did with our ancestors, fight for their fvcking interest. No SIR, I am not interested.
Fucking A right, sir!!!!

GaudaNaresh

Country flag

Boris Johnson concedes Russia could win war and proposes sending tanks to Poland
Mate in Canada who's served in Afg told me that apparently the British tanks are called 'british food truck', since pretty much all it is good for ( due to its slow speed), is ferrying food to the troops.
Sort of reminds me of the Korean war jokes by a few of the vets i met- who called the sten gun the british hand grenade ( coz it jammed so much, you are better off tossing it at the enemy and hoping it unjams and sporadic fires than actually use it)

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
They are pushing the F-15 EX.

Shukla is already on the job peddling it for Boeing.

He is really excited after this bit of news - https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/us-approves-f-15-sale-to-indonesia
Trouble is, F-15 is basically older, crappier Su-30MKI and India does not have a need for 4th gen heavy fighters. The nitche india needs to fill are 4.5++ gen single engine point defence fighters and 5th gen medium fighters.
Ie, Tejas and AMCA

The Shrike

Country flag
Wow Ukrainians are getting Gucci gear. I thought they may be giving only older stuff, but Canada officially confirmed they are sending M777.
Added: After getting AT & ATGM from like a dozen sources, looks like the same is happening for artillery too. They will probably soon snatch the title of United Nations armed forces from a certain other military!

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Wow Ukrainians are getting Gucci gear. I thought they may be giving only older stuff, but Canada officially confirmed they are sending M777.
Added: After getting AT & ATGM from like a dozen sources, looks like the same is happening for artillery too. They will probably soon snatch the title of United Nations armed forces from a certain other military!
Won't be a issue since most of these would evaporate into thin air once they arrive.

Blademaster

Gawd they are so stupid. The more weapons they give to Ukraine, the harder Putin's heart and other Russians' hearts harden and make them want to get the entire Ukraine. I think they will not settle for anything less than a landlocked Ukraine and territory all the way to Dnipe River and a firebombed out Kyiv and surrounding it. All that is left is western Ukraine and western Ukraine has nothing. EU would have to shell out massive aid to rebuild western Ukraine for years and years. It would be $1 trillion or more reconstruction project. And Russia won't care because it has that Dnipe river to protect its southern flank and because once Russia has Odessa, Crimea is safe. I think Russia is willing to grind this war out to get the territory I just outlined.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Gawd they are so stupid. The more weapons they give to Ukraine, the harder Putin's heart and other Russians' hearts harden and make them want to get the entire Ukraine. I think they will not settle for anything less than a landlocked Ukraine and territory all the way to Dnipe River and a firebombed out Kyiv and surrounding it. All that is left is western Ukraine and western Ukraine has nothing. EU would have to shell out massive aid to rebuild western Ukraine for years and years. It would be $1 trillion or more reconstruction project. And Russia won't care because it has that Dnipe river to protect its southern flank and because once Russia has Odessa, Crimea is safe. I think Russia is willing to grind this war out to get the territory I just outlined.
But dont you know how well that policy worked in Afghanistan... 200,000 mujahids dead for 14,000 Russian soldiers...

Global Defence

Articles