Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Blademaster

I'm surprised on how much they cost, 3.7 million. A T-14 Armata cost might be only slightly higher than that. Considering the cost of ammo and maintenance of the M777, it probably cost more in the long run.
Its due to the use of titanium alloy. It makes the system lightweight but makes it super expensive.

Blood+

Country flag
Not really. Some weapons were really effective for a long time and did not change that much. For example, the Roman Shield and the gladius.
The battles of the Second Punic War say you're wrong. The Roman Maniple works only under a particular set of circumstances, just like any other weapon and doctrines, and when used improperly, well, you get a Lake Trasimene as a reward.

The composite bow used by the Mongols.
Mongols rarely faced off against heavily armored opponents at the same magnitude and frequency as the Welsh and the English did, so not really a fair comparison. Although, technically a better weapon than the self long bow (almost twice as energy efficient), it'd be completely useless in the humid, rain-soaked backwater hell hole that was the British Isles!
The cavalry lance
Again, NO!! Cavalry charges were highly dependent on the terrain and weather conditions and had to be managed really carefully; a failure to do so would hand you a Crecy or a Waterloo.
And besides, massed cavalry lances went out of fashion pretty much at the same time as did the Longbow, so again, not a valid argument even on that point.
and the stirrup saddle. etc.
That's not a weapon.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I suspect that the Russians allowed the Ukrainians to reach the first line of defense as to draw them and pin them down while they launch their own offensive elsewhere.

I really hope that they will start using their bombers to carpet bomb the Ukrainians because the Ukrainians will be massing up for further attacks.
This has been Russian strategy from day one. First they allow enemy to come in open ground so they can assault them. Once enemy concentration reduced then they start counter assault.

Blood+

Country flag
I'm surprised on how much they cost, 3.7 million. A T-14 Armata cost might be only slightly higher than that. Considering the cost of ammo and maintenance of the M777, it probably cost more in the long run.
You can bet your bottom dollar on that. Lighter construction means a reduced ability to endure wear and tear and, thus, is more maintenance-intensive.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Too few Leopard = modern day heavy cavalry. In Kursk battle Germany had thousands of tanks. 71 Leopard = modern day heavy cavalry no match for 3,000 Kornet = modern day crossbow and 10,000 Lancet = modern day longbow.

Also, many Leopard = modern day heavy cavalry were hit by Iskander = modern day V-2 while parked in warehouses.

Also, many Leopard = modern day heavy cavalry break down and many are cannibalized for spare parts.

Also, many Leopard = modern day heavy cavalry were lost to accidents.

So the number of video confirmed hits is not the number lost. The number lost is much higher than the number of video confirmed hits.
Since you wanna liken every modern day weaponry to medieval stuff, i can do one better.
Leopard = modern day fast runner caveman with a big club
Iskander = modern day rock hurled by pussy caveman against caveman with a club.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
What was this deal?

Do you have evidence about the part where Western Ukrainians ran "roughshod" over the Eastern ones? When have the Ukrainians denied Russian speakers?

View attachment 216236

View attachment 216237

Infact, it seems like the percentage of Ukrainian was always higher post-independence. And infact, I have seen no law before 2017 that actively supports teaching Ukrainian instead of Russian.

View attachment 216238

To me this makes sense. Even if you discount the 2014 Crimea debacle, then as a nation it would make sense to promote your own language. I don't see Pakistan teaching Hindi, nor China teaching Sanskrit at institutional levels.

If you are a bit mad about Russian being actively phased out after the invasion, then IDK what to tell you. If we had a war, then we would do the same. Don't give enemy language a platform to stand on.
What is different between Russian and Ukrainian?
Just curious , no offence intended
(I take no negative energy which is emitting from this thread ,so lawd the gawd helpth me )

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Apart from their language, nothing really.
Actually i was asking about the language itself
@Flash12
@Akim
What makes Ukranian and Russian different other than use of word "o" instead of "a' and "y" instaed of "ie"
?
Example vlodomyr( Ukranian)is Vladimir (Russian )
Kiev is kyiv
So is the recipe chicken Kiev now known as chicken kyiv ?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Actually i was asking about the language itself
@Flash12
@Akim
What makes Ukranian and Russian different other than use of word "o" instead of "a' and "y" instaed of "ie"
?
Example vlodomyr( Ukranian)is Vladimir (Russian )
Kiev is kyiv
So is the recipe chicken Kiev now known as chicken kyiv ?
It is long to explain. How is Bulgarian or Serbian different from Russian? They also use Cyrillic. These are two different branches of the Slavic languages.

ww2historian

Country flag
Am I the only one who thinks @JaguarWarrior is either a troll or a bot?
There isn't a bot in the world that would say "The West has been deindustrialized by fast food." no bot has that insight, and it's not only a 100% accurate, but is also why westerners have become so stupid. Fast food shrinks the brain. "People with obesity had 8 percent less brain volume and brains that appeared 16 years older, according to the study published in Human Brain Mapping. Other data link a larger waist-to-hip ratio — a good measure of harmful abdominal fat — to a greater decrease in total brain volume."

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles