Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

SKC

Country flag
Any sane person knows that once someone drops a nuke, it's game over for almost everyone in the world. India's growth would probably come to a full stop if not stagger, once a nuke is dropped by Russia, assuming our current policies
It is almost impossible to use Nukes in current world. Maybe a dirty bomb by some rebel group can be exploded but a Full fledge nuke detonation from a Nuclear natin is virtually impossible.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
On the contrary, it should have been obvious to anyone that I tried to convey the exact opposite message of what you actually gathered. In fact, I'd take them far more seriously and would have prepped and acted accordingly right from D-Day.
Oh sorry didn't understand. People of different races, tribes, cultures think differently and misunderstandings are common. Just not of the same people.

Who knows Putin's actual objective in this war. Say and act on one thing but be working towards another. Putin was a spy, he knows deception. "All warfare is based upon deception" Sun Tzu
The soldier understands his mission but he doesn't understand the goal. So a soldier shuts up and does his mission to play his part in fulfilling the goal. Bad soldiers believe they understand the goal.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Never.... That's too extreme and stupid but expected from you.

Forum members here are smart enough and Russia doesn't need nukes to destroy Ukraine either. They have enough conventional bombs to do the similar damage without nukes.

Ukraine politics may have failed Ukrainian and worked against India with Pakistan in the past. But we believe in "Vasudhaiva Kutumbukam " so no hard feeling for common folks who are beautiful and hardworking strong people.
Most people here would have used nukes.

Like most Indians, members here dont really care much about the future of Russia or Ukraine. If they were handed control of russian troops, the only sureshot way of winning would be dumping a few dozen nukes on Ukraine. And many are trigger happy enough to go through with it 😋 .

In that case, Ukraine gets nuked, but Russia gets economically neutered :- Lose Lose. But like I said, I doubt the people here would care too much about it.

Of course, if the question is changed to "What would forum members do if they were russian generals " then I agree with you.

OliverQueen85

Oh sorry didn't understand. People of different races, tribes, cultures think differently and misunderstandings are common. Just not of the same people.

Who knows Putin's actual objective in this war. Say and act on one thing but be working towards another. Putin was a spy, he knows deception. "All warfare is based upon deception" Sun Tzu
The soldier understands his mission but he doesn't understand the goal. So a soldier shuts up and does his mission to play his part in fulfilling the goal. Bad soldiers believe they understand the goal.

I thought that in order to succeed in the mission you need to understand its goal. This is the number one lesson in every type of school, military school or not. The difference is that a soldier's role is to execute the plan and not to make it. However, the soldier has to assimilate every single point of the scenario if they want the plan to work. It is a little difficult to fulfil a gaol if you are distracted or you can not fully understand it. If you do not know what is ``the thing'' that you are about to execute, maybe you will not execute it at all. I do not think that Putin does not understand or does not know the goal of Russia, but everyone makes mistakes and this is something different. Even the best plan may have misfires...that is why it matters to be prepared for the worst scenario even if you capable for the best one. Anyway, my viewpoint is, taking myself as an example, that when my goal is not clear in what I have to do, there is no mission, I will delay the task because I haven't seen the big picture or I do not have the complete idea to shape my goals. First you shape your goals and then you execute them (the mission), this is how it works...not the other way around.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Any sane person knows that once someone drops a nuke, it's game over for almost everyone in the world. India's growth would probably come to a full stop if not stagger, once a nuke is dropped by Russia, assuming our current policies
True. I really find it amazing how people keep dancing of using nukes sitting behind computer.

Nuclear weapons are not joke. Their is a huge geopolitical and environmental price to pay for using such weapons.

Russia will become an international pariah to an unprecedented scale that it will make North Korea and Iran look like beacon of co-operation and international harmony.

No country be it PRC, India, etc. will even be ready to deal with Russia.

Even PRC a so called ‘no limits’ friend is against use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
It is almost impossible to use Nukes in current world. Maybe a dirty bomb by some rebel group can be exploded but a Full fledge nuke detonation from a Nuclear natin is virtually impossible.
Even dirty bombs can't be exploded in modern age.
Dirty bobs are still treated as nuclear weapons and are big no-no.
No one can get hands on nuclear weapon without state backing.

Last edited:

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
How weird it is that some people here get stomachache about someone posting dead russian soldiers but talk about nuclear? All smiley faces and laughing emojis start popping.

I have stopped reading such comments from room temp IQ individuals over here. Their hypocrisy is too blatant for my mind.
Killing all living beings in the nuclear blast area is A-OK. Laugh it up retards.

In actuality they are totally fine with ukrainians dying but stomache when russian dies. Then they post oh look we don't care heehee hoohoo most DFI members don't care about which side...what are you taking about.

Atleast be brave enough to admit your bias, nobody respects a coward.

ww2historian

Country flag
I posted earlier about if Russia keeps hitting Ukraine's electrical grid, it will eventually collapse, perhaps for months. The US is running short on electrical equipment, so you can bet Ukraine is. "Adding to the challenges is a nationwide shortfall of critical electrical equipment, such as certain kinds of transformers, that crews may need to restore power in parts of Florida.
Wait times to obtain some supplies are now as long as two to three years, said Joy Ditto, CEO of the American Public Power Association. That could mean a scramble to obtain parts necessary for the Ian recovery, forcing providers to drain their limited backup supplies or swap equipment with other utilities.

FPL’s Silagy said his company has equipment on hand to deal with this hurricane. Still, Ditto said she worries that the U.S. grid will be even more vulnerable when the next storm or cyberattack hits and there aren’t enough components to go around.

“Of course, we’ll prioritize restoration to existing [infrastructure] as much as possible,” she said, “but you’re just depleting stockpiles elsewhere. If people are willing to provide you those transformers elsewhere in the country, but then they get a winter storm, you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul essentially.” https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/29/ians-mass-blackouts-supply-chain-00059389

Ylside

Country flag
Yeah I agree, Russia is totally unprepared for winter. This film proves it.
Dude, this is pathetic - the footage is from last February. Even Russian war correspondents admit that most of these are already rotting in the forests of northern Ukraine :yo:

ww2historian

Country flag
Dude, this is pathetic - the footage is from last February. Even Russian war correspondents admit that most of these are already rotting in the forests of northern Ukraine :yo:

Take a look again. Both those films you showed are not the film I posted. Look at the trees and the road, it's not even close. Plus the footage was just posted on intel slava z. However, the Ukrainian rocket launcher was not painted for winter, that was a big part of my point.

Ylside

Country flag
Take a look again. Both those films you showed are not the film I posted. Look at the trees and the road, it's not even close.
Not even close? It's the very same video as the one posted by Volodymyr_98 on 21st February, only Intelslava cropped first 11 seconds, then its the same. At least now you know how reliable is their newscast :yo:

KurtisBrian

Country flag
I thought that in order to succeed in the mission you need to understand its goal. This is the number one lesson in every type of school, military school or not. The difference is that a soldier's role is to execute the plan and not to make it. However, the soldier has to assimilate every single point of the scenario if they want the plan to work. It is a little difficult to fulfil a gaol if you are distracted or you can not fully understand it. If you do not know what is ``the thing'' that you are about to execute, maybe you will not execute it at all. I do not think that Putin does not understand or does not know the goal of Russia, but everyone makes mistakes and this is something different. Even the best plan may have misfires...that is why it matters to be prepared for the worst scenario even if you capable for the best one. Anyway, my viewpoint is, taking myself as an example, that when my goal is not clear in what I have to do, there is no mission, I will delay the task because I haven't seen the big picture or I do not have the complete idea to shape my goals. First you shape your goals and then you execute them (the mission), this is how it works...not the other way around.
The mission goal is NOT the same as the goal of the theatre, campaign or nation.

Soldiers affect the war via their mission. A soldier understands the goal of his mission. No reason to saddle them down with potentially sensitive information of things they cannot affect? It is called division of labor.

But of course, we are not the same peoples and thus don’t have the same beliefs or do things the same way. That is why our nations are different. If Germanics, Catholics or Indians explain to their infantry the detailed plans of campaigns and the strategic goals of the nation then that is how they do things. Good for them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles