Royal Enfield: The First True 'Global' Indian Brand?

Gessler

Country flag
I have heard about the 650cc single cylinder motor for new BSA bike.

However wont it be too much for Single cylinder. How bib can a motor be with a single cylinder?
Nobody complains about a single cylinder when on a Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701 and its 693cc single.

It all depends on the balance between performance, NVH levels, state of tune, and cost.

If you strike the right balance with a competent engineering team, a 650 single can be just as smooth as a twin or a triple.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars If this is the New Roadking then I am out doesn't Share any similarities with the original. Atleats from this Photograph. And looks sharing to much from the Jawas.

images - 2021-08-03T182941.168.jpeg

SKC

Country flag
Nobody complains about a single cylinder when on a Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701 and its 693cc single.

It all depends on the balance between performance, NVH levels, state of tune, and cost.

If you strike the right balance with a competent engineering team, a 650 single can be just as smooth as a twin or a triple.
I am not complaining.
I have not driven and big single cylinder bike yet that I can complain.

Striking right balance is the deal man. Not everyone can do it that's why wondering if Legends Auto can do it for 650cc in first try.

Haldilal

Country flag
Test mule.
Crude fittings!
Production version has better finish and parts.
I am not complaining.

Striking right balance is the deal man. Not everyone can do it that's why wondering if Legends Auto can do it for 650cc in first try.
Ya'll Nibbiars still from the photographs doesn't Share any similarities with the original Roadking.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars still from the photographs doesn't Share any similarities with the original Roadking.
In today's world why are you expecting any similarity with the old Roadking bike.
The dimensions and the tech of old models is just too old now.

Haldilal

Country flag
In today's world why are you expecting any similarity with the old Roadking bike.
The dimensions and the tech of old models is just too old now.
Ya'll Nibbiars should have some similarities with the original design or else is another rebranded Jawa.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars should have some similarities with the original design or else is another rebranded Jawa.
Most probably will be rebranded only.
The new Jawa also has the engine from Mojo platform only with no association with old Jawa engines.

Haldilal

Country flag
Most probably will be rebranded only.
The new Jawa also has the engine from Mojo platform only with no association with old Jawa engines.
Ya'll Nibbiars then another brand gone waste. RE look much better in front of this. Most buyers will stick to the Honda CB 350 or the Yamaha XSR 155. Or even RE.

Gessler

Country flag
I am not complaining.

I believe so, because they're doing what RE did:

"development of a new BSA bike is underway in UK with a new single cylinder 650cc motor."

When RE set up shop in UK they poached a whole lot of engineering talent from Triumph, acquired Harris Performance etc. etc. BSA is following in a similar path.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars If this is the New Roadking then I am out doesn't Share any similarities with the original. Atleats from this Photograph. And looks sharing to much from the Jawas.

View attachment 103188
This no doubt most likely the Jawa. The front radiator is massive and thus can also be seen in the Jawa 2.1 version. Else it could be, like a very slim possibility that's its a Bajaj neuron.

Haldilal

Country flag
This no doubt most likely the Jawa. The front radiator is massive and thus can also be seen in the Jawa 2.1 version. Else it could be, like a very slim possibility that's its a Bajaj neuron.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Roadking is not coming soon. Heard it had a reputation higher than any motorcycle in India and still not bringing it back.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Royal Enfield's motorcycle line up has to be the most aesthetically good looking one, or it may just be me.

I just realised a few days back that RE is an Indian Brand. The name "Royal Enfield" took me a bit aback because I never thought that an Indian Brand would have such a British name, but the name is British because of the English Heritage of RE. RE is the oldest global motorcycle brand in continuous production, with manufacturing plants in Chennai.

I sincerely hope that if economics allow, and profits are assured, then they expand their production capabilities by setting up manufacturing plants in other states such as Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerela, Goa.

I have seen many people ride REs in my home State of Goa. And I think the RE is a very popular brand in my state, if you go to Panjim, or Miramar beach, or even to Baga, Anjuna, Calangute beach then you will find a lot of Indians and even foreigners (there are foreigners such as Brits and Russians settled in Goa) ride in these and roam about the entirety of Goa. It's almost like a fashion trend to own an expensive bullet like RE and flaunt it around and ride it.

I like the design of the RE classic 350 the most. I think the design is very cool, beautiful, and gorgeous. In the near future, an RE CLASSIC 350 is on my list of things I want to own when I grow up, if ofcourse I am able to earn enough money to afford one. I looked up the price is like between 1.5 to 2 lakh INR. So definitely, it's one of the more affordable Bullets out there.

6iytw3.jpg

Imagine you have a Royal Enfield Classic 350. The day has cool air around you hitting your cheeks, the sky is a cloudy greyish white and it's gonna rain in a couple of minutes. And you go out riding on a road passing through the forest. All the while listening to "Hearing Damage" by Tom Yorke. That feel! RE is great! Now this is something I want to do at least once in my life. Hell Yeah! Oh yeah!

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Wow. Dee Eff Aai has a dedicated thread to RE.
From the Rann of Kutch.
:india2:
View attachment 254490
The Automobile/Automotive sector is where India can really make a stand in and actually give neck-to-neck competition to the world's leading foreign competitors.

In the US, American motorcycle brand Harley Davidson is being outcompetted by Indian RE, and this is just one of many examples where an Indian brand is slowly taking over the market of its home rival. Great days ahead for India in Automotive/Automobile industry.

I sure do want to own an RE CLASSIC 350 in the near future, if I can, then I definitely would want to own it. Hahaha! The feel of the RE is just 🔥

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Wow. Dee Eff Aai has a dedicated thread to RE.
From the Rann of Kutch.
:india2:
View attachment 254490
o_O bro...we are afraid to even coming out of our homes or offices at this literal furnace tier weather of above 40 deg cels here and you are roaming in Rann of Kutch in this harsh summers?

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
o_O bro...we are afraid to even coming out of our homes or offices at this literal furnace tier weather of above 40 deg cels here and you are roaming in Rann of Kutch in this harsh summers?
That trip was made in March bro

SKC

Country flag
I have slowly started seeing few Foreigner travel influencers or vlogger making videos while driving REs.
Those are not like promoters of RE in any sense but RE bikes are being sold in a balanced price bracket. Just above entry level and not exactly in Higher capacity bikes.
Many people want to get feel of higher capacity bikes without shelling too much money and compromising too much on quality and safety.
RE is filling this need in west currently.

another_armchair

Country flag
I have slowly started seeing few Foreigner travel influencers or vlogger making videos while driving REs.
Those are not like promoters of RE in any sense but RE bikes are being sold in a balanced price bracket. Just above entry level and not exactly in Higher capacity bikes.
Many people want to get feel of higher capacity bikes without shelling too much money and compromising too much on quality and safety.
RE is filling this need in west currently.
One of the unsung influencers among the foreign variety of brand RE was itchyboots.

Her solo trips on a Himalayan did help change perceptions of the machine among the gora community. They are slowly starting to accept RE for what it offers. Won't be a thumper like the Harleys or the Indians but do the job reasonably well at a third of the cost while offering a reasonable fuel economy. ... lots of wins here.. and add Siddhartha Lal keeping his eyes+ears open to his customers.

RE still has a mighty long way to go in ensuring product quality for Indian conditions but given the options here.. RE still manages to make a decent bang for the buck.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles