Royal Enfield: The First True 'Global' Indian Brand?

Gessler

Country flag
I have heard about the 650cc single cylinder motor for new BSA bike.

However wont it be too much for Single cylinder. How bib can a motor be with a single cylinder?
Nobody complains about a single cylinder when on a Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701 and its 693cc single.

It all depends on the balance between performance, NVH levels, state of tune, and cost.

If you strike the right balance with a competent engineering team, a 650 single can be just as smooth as a twin or a triple.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars If this is the New Roadking then I am out doesn't Share any similarities with the original. Atleats from this Photograph. And looks sharing to much from the Jawas.

images - 2021-08-03T182941.168.jpeg

SKC

Country flag
Nobody complains about a single cylinder when on a Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701 and its 693cc single.

It all depends on the balance between performance, NVH levels, state of tune, and cost.

If you strike the right balance with a competent engineering team, a 650 single can be just as smooth as a twin or a triple.
I am not complaining.
I have not driven and big single cylinder bike yet that I can complain.

Striking right balance is the deal man. Not everyone can do it that's why wondering if Legends Auto can do it for 650cc in first try.

Haldilal

Country flag
Test mule.
Crude fittings!
Production version has better finish and parts.
I am not complaining.

Striking right balance is the deal man. Not everyone can do it that's why wondering if Legends Auto can do it for 650cc in first try.
Ya'll Nibbiars still from the photographs doesn't Share any similarities with the original Roadking.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars still from the photographs doesn't Share any similarities with the original Roadking.
In today's world why are you expecting any similarity with the old Roadking bike.
The dimensions and the tech of old models is just too old now.

Haldilal

Country flag
In today's world why are you expecting any similarity with the old Roadking bike.
The dimensions and the tech of old models is just too old now.
Ya'll Nibbiars should have some similarities with the original design or else is another rebranded Jawa.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars should have some similarities with the original design or else is another rebranded Jawa.
Most probably will be rebranded only.
The new Jawa also has the engine from Mojo platform only with no association with old Jawa engines.

Haldilal

Country flag
Most probably will be rebranded only.
The new Jawa also has the engine from Mojo platform only with no association with old Jawa engines.
Ya'll Nibbiars then another brand gone waste. RE look much better in front of this. Most buyers will stick to the Honda CB 350 or the Yamaha XSR 155. Or even RE.

Gessler

Country flag
I am not complaining.

I believe so, because they're doing what RE did:

"development of a new BSA bike is underway in UK with a new single cylinder 650cc motor."

When RE set up shop in UK they poached a whole lot of engineering talent from Triumph, acquired Harris Performance etc. etc. BSA is following in a similar path.

Reactions: SKC

scatterStorm

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars If this is the New Roadking then I am out doesn't Share any similarities with the original. Atleats from this Photograph. And looks sharing to much from the Jawas.

View attachment 103188
This no doubt most likely the Jawa. The front radiator is massive and thus can also be seen in the Jawa 2.1 version. Else it could be, like a very slim possibility that's its a Bajaj neuron.

Haldilal

Country flag
This no doubt most likely the Jawa. The front radiator is massive and thus can also be seen in the Jawa 2.1 version. Else it could be, like a very slim possibility that's its a Bajaj neuron.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Roadking is not coming soon. Heard it had a reputation higher than any motorcycle in India and still not bringing it back.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles