Project 28 A / Next Generation Corvette (NGC)

Aniruddha Mulay

Indian shipbuilding costs are too expensive. Does anyone know why the costs are so high? Lack of scale?
Ships in general have become quite expensive, any European frigate design displacing north of 5000 tons costs $1 billion, any destroyer being built in the West is easily more than $2 billion a piece.
Also at 3500+ tons, these NGC displace about the same as the Brahmaputra class frigates of the Indian Navy.

OutForVendetta

Country flag
14k or 1.4 lacs? Skilled welders in non strategic Industries earn 30k minimum on average and even upto 70k per month across India.
Nope. SOME welders may be paid in 6 figures but those are generally very few and possess very important skills like underwater welding etc. You're average fitter and welder even in private companies earn about 25-35k tops.

There's a reason I wasn't surprised when that guy from Mazgaon Docks was arrested for spying for Pak. U can cry honey trap all you want but trust me, the money is so little that you'd sell the whole nation for few thousand rupees

JBH22

14k or 1.4 lacs? Skilled welders in non strategic Industries earn 30k minimum on average and even upto 70k per month across India.
You don't know everyone in India wants to become CEO. Blue collar job is frowned upon 😂

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Nope. SOME welders may be paid in 6 figures but those are generally very few and possess very important skills like underwater welding etc. You're average fitter and welder even in private companies earn about 25-35k tops.

There's a reason I wasn't surprised when that guy from Mazgaon Docks was arrested for spying for Pak. U can cry honey trap all you want but trust me, the money is so little that you'd sell the whole nation for few thousand rupees
Still, 14k for welder in strategic projects looks ridiculous.

Articles