Prep: Indo-Pak War Game Simulation

piKacHHu

Country flag
i thought we were gonna wait for rules!!!
if i may suggest...

1) Let it be a group activity, meaning 1 or 2 people combined can be a armoured corp or SF or AD or IAF assets etc. 1 or 2 people combined can have engage multiple assets as well.

2) military assets in play should listed before hand, else it would be free for all with no outcome and lot of confusion.

3) it can be move by move, meaning INDIA makes one move, pak makes one move. and so on.

4) there should be a penalty on civilian & military casualties, other wise there would be no outcome to the simulation.

others can add.
A War consists of many battles; and Battles have numerous tactics. A war could even be won by loosing many battles. In line of this reasoning, I would like to add that success any major operation should be tied with Military objective. Like for Air combat, even if IAF neutralizes many Jeffs or F-16 (winning on number game) yet if it fails to achieve air superiority due to superior AAD of PAK (for the sake of assumption), then the battle should be considered lost for IAF, hence the demerit points in the simulation. Like wise, war time asset could be replenished also; some assistance from CHina to Pak and from Russia to India in terms of military hardware should be considered.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I do not know how this game works, or if I can make meaningful contribution :notsure:

But can I assume role of ISI please? :troll:
Sure
U might want to invite someone else as well.
Lurker Baba is Imran Khan so he can double up as ISI.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
well, my take on how to conduct this wargame:

1. Respective belligerents might like to open their secret discussions. So that the armed forces might behave as a single, cohesive unit.

2. The designated units of the belligerents-Army, Navy,Airforce, and special units/terrorists/mafia-would like to open their respective chats again and take informed and collective decisions of their choice. The decisions to be coveyed tothe authorised groupmentioned in first point.

3. War games to be as realistic and most like a game of chess.
well, one that's missing is Intelligence. There's no way in a forum one can double-cross. And I think nobody will do it too. So, other than SF strategies of our respective sides, we will have no way of gathering intel about the other's intentions beforehand. So, there's the problem settled, I think.......

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A War consists of many battles; and Battles have numerous tactics. A war could even be won by loosing many battles. In line of this reasoning, I would like to add that success any major operation should be tied with Military objective. Like for Air combat, even if IAF neutralizes many Jeffs or F-16 (winning on number game) yet if it fails to achieve air superiority due to superior AAD of PAK (for the sake of assumption), then the battle should be considered lost for IAF, hence the demerit points in the simulation. Like wise, war time asset could be replenished also; some assistance from CHina to Pak and from Russia to India in terms of military hardware should be considered.
@Bhumihar These are important points as well given by pikachhu. take a look at rules of engagement.
Setting up teams, military assets , rules of engagement & communication format will take time.
No hurry we will do it slow and steady.

any members who want to try their hand at project management, setting up the rules of the game is a useful exercise for you as well.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
i thought we were gonna wait for rules!!!
if i may suggest...

1) Let it be a group activity, meaning 1 or 2 people combined can be a armoured corp or SF or AD or IAF assets etc. 1 or 2 people combined can have engage multiple assets as well.

2) military assets in play should listed before hand, else it would be free for all with no outcome and lot of confusion.

3) it can be move by move, meaning INDIA makes one move, pak makes one move. and so on.

4) there should be a penalty on civilian & military casualties, other wise there would be no outcome to the simulation.

others can add.
strategic moves, if detected, will be penalised. Like Pak moving Nasr missiles or any ballistic missile India might take as a threat and respond in full-force complete annhilation.........will be penalised. No use of war, if second-strike and first-strike are used early......

BangaliBabu

Country flag
strategic moves, if detected, will be penalised. Like Pak moving Nasr missiles or any ballistic missile India might take as a threat and respond in full-force complete annhilation.........will be penalised. No use of war, if second-strike and first-strike are used early......
stategic asset like ssbn and ssn which can't be detected will not be penalised

BangaliBabu

Country flag
well, one thing in war simulation again: BMD and AD assets might be counted positively. Any capability that enhances or might enhance capability of that country to defend itself might be considered additive. And for similar defence mechanisms going in to defend against similar offensive capabilities--like bomb runs, LRCMs, AShMs, HQ hits and Strategic hits--the superior defensive capability receives more points. For superior offensive capability, the ability of the offensive assets to defend itself from it's enemy's defence capabilities.....and to conduct SEAD/DEAD missions of its systems.......will receive more points.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I'd prefer an IAF role, could be SEAD, CAS, Air Superiority, Logistics, Recon & Intelligence gathering, you name it I've got it covered. However I'd like to have some piggy back rules before the simulation exercise, a dedicated and comprehensive rule book with penalties and points will be required.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I'd prefer an IAF role, could be SEAD, CAS, Air Superiority, Logistics, Recon & Intelligence gathering, you name it I've got it covered. However I'd like to have some piggy back rules before the simulation exercise, a dedicated and comprehensive rule book with penalties and points will be required.
U want in as IAF mate?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles