Philippines to stand ground vs bullying of China

s002wjh

Country flag
If China does not play soft, it will only invite the US to lurk around!
by not play soft i mean, something similar to recent philippine/china event. doesn't mean china will just send it navy and start a war next day. also US is not interest a conflict over SCS unless china become TOO aggressive, which unlikely to happen.
china will keep play a carriot and a stick tactics. if it felt threaten/push back it will use the stick, but it does not mean a war. might be something like civilian ship stand off, or other methods.

Oblaks

i think it just happen the chinese survey ship was near, and they have enough time to intervane. most time the fishing ships crew were already arrested before china can intervane. china been a major power is not gonna play soft all the time with minior countries, and its not gonna allow a minior country to continouslly arrest its citizen. philippine has to becareful when dealing with china. if china felt its been pushing back it will use harsh approach. not sure about previous case but china claim the island, so arresting chinese crew in that area and not intervane could make philippine bolder in the future. i'm sure china has its reason to intervane this time, but its not aggressive when send in its cilivian ships to solve the issue.

China being a world power tenfolds stronger than the philippine military is nothing new. Wether they can take the Disputed area from any country in SEA by force iis undoubted unless alliances are formed. The real challenge for them is how to take the Scs peacefully and win her neighbors without leaving an impression that she is bullying up. Yes maybe she is using a soft force this time but that might not be the way her neighbors and majority of the world sees it. The modern way to world domination is not by strength but by wits like what the US has done. The whole world loves The US and if there are some nations against her, the world hates them too. If you would ask any Vietnamese they consider the US as friends more than China. Why? Because the US has mastered the way of diplomacy and propaganda. Something the Chinese might never ever copy.

PS I remember an article from a respected analyst saying: the disputes in in the SCS will never be peacefully resolved but the waters can be kept calm.

Last edited:

cir

These are what the Filipinos get themselves into as of today:

The 32000-ton Hainan Baosha 001

The 20000-ton Hainan Baosha 021

The 10000-ton Hainan Baosha 011(formerly known as LOUIS PASTEURE)

The 10000-ton Hainan Baosha 012(formerly known as PIERRE DOUX)

All four ships have arrived at the port of Haikou on Hainan Island。Soon to be joined by three 5000-ton supply support vessels,the "task force" thus assembled will prop up the fishery operations of 300-500 fishing boats of 100 tonnage or more in the South China Sea:

中国将在南海部署3万吨"渔业航母" 支撑大船队_军事频道_凤凰网

Last edited:

Oblaks

These are what the Filipinos get themselves into as of today:
Wow good for China! And the Philippines just need to let one old rusty ship there and it will still be called a standoff. Hell will never break loose like war mongers expect. If it does, China cannot be so confident. While the Philippines is looking for diplomatic solutions, there are also a lot out there seeking for China's blood. In this situation, China is the Super power. With great powers come great responsibility. It is China who should play her cards wisely.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
mind you that is a Chinese water from China stand point, from the world stand point, it's a dispute water. I won't count what you think on that, your govt statement is what I count.
:pound: Your Stupid, spineless govt will soon claim that the whole of Pacific ocean belongs to them from a tenth century world map. Then also we are supposed to respect your stupid govt's views?:rotflmao:

I dont give a shit what the CCP thinks. They are a bunch of morons, nothing more:laugh:

Avenger

Tihar Jail
Banned
:pound: Your Stupid, spineless govt will soon claim that the whole of Pacific ocean belongs to them from a tenth century world map. Then also we are supposed to respect your stupid govt's views?:rotflmao:

I dont give a shit what the CCP thinks. They are a bunch of morons, nothing more:laugh:
Why " spineless "?

PS. You are right, China dont needs clear borders with any countries.

Avenger

Tihar Jail
Banned
Because it does nothing more than barking against its neighbors.

And of course it is only good in backstabbing- like they did in 1962.

You must be blind, See the news about phillipine.
read history about korean war, Sino-soviet war, Sino- vietnam war ......

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You must be blind, See the news about phillipine.
read history about korean war, Sino-soviet war, Sino- vietnam war ......
All done at a time when the party was least expecting it. Also, in case of India, it was pure backstabbing- after all that Panch Sheel non sense.

Anyway, I for one hate only your govt, not Chinese People.

I Personally love Chinese Girls- they are hot-:drool:

Believe me, if i am allowed, i will have a chinese girl as my wife.

So dont take my stuff personally. Me like all Indians here, hate your govt "ONLY"

Avenger

Tihar Jail
Banned
from your reply , we can say that China is a peaceful country ,and fight only when it is needed. "All done at a time when the party was least expecting it."

All done at a time when the party was least expecting it. Also, in case of India, it was pure backstabbing- after all that Panch Sheel non sense.

So dont take my stuff personally. Me like all Indians here, hate your govt "ONLY"

fzaq

maybe he's a government official in china OR just too brainwashed to take it personally

Avenger

Tihar Jail
Banned
maybe he's a government official in china OR just too brainwashed to take it personally
Your stupid government make you guys think US, UN and ASEAN will help you. I think even the god is not on your side now.

mki

Your stupid government make you guys think US, UN and ASEAN will help you. I think even the god is not on your side now.
forget about god.... Just fire one antiship missile toward Philippines and see what happend.......
so far world has seen so called peaceful rise of PRC after firing missile world will see Violent fall of PRC. :wave:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Somebody here had the tag line "My god can beat up your god.":)

fzaq

why would you even drag god into the discussion? you wann brainwash god too? haha

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am afraid China will not fire any missile or anything.

If she does not only will the US come down like a ton of bricks, but the ASEAN countries will boycott China and make it a social leper.

China cannot take that chance.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I am afraid China will not fire any missile or anything.

If she does not only will the US come down like a ton of bricks, but the ASEAN countries will boycott China and make it a social leper.

China cannot take that chance.
I am afraid China doesn't have to fire any missile or anything.

Huangyan Island is under control of Chinese law enforcement department, all China want is to stop Phillipines from invading, and that can be accomplished without firing a bullet.

ASEAN countries won't boycott China, not even Vietnam. Phillipines's attempt to gang up ASEAN countries failed this time.

The only country that has the wishes to rescue Phillipines seems to be India, but India is just too far away and has no ability to confront China in South China Sea.

nimo_cn

Country flag
forget about god.... Just fire one antiship missile toward Philippines and see what happend.......
so far world has seen so called peaceful rise of PRC after firing missile world will see Violent fall of PRC. :wave:
Not everything need be accomplished through war, wars are always for those who have no brain. China is reinforcing its control over Huangyan Isalnd slowly but steadily without having a war.

Even if we fired one antiship missile Philippines's largest warship, tell me what is gonna happen to China.

Peaceful rise doesn't mean surrender and endless compromise. We fired so many bullets towards Indians, I don't see any sign of our fall. Why should we be fearful of Philippines?

nimo_cn

Country flag

Backstabbing? Watch out, China may also backstab Philippines.

By the way, even if you are allowed, you are not going to have a Chinese girl as your wife. Don't take that personally.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
ASEAN countries won't boycott China, not even Vietnam. Phillipines's attempt to gang up ASEAN countries failed this time.

The only country that has the wishes to rescue Phillipines seems to be India, but India is just too far away and has no ability to confront China in South China Sea.
A very optimistic view.

Can't blame you.

In troubled times, optimism alone keeps the morale high.

I would be surprised if China resort to open hostility and the ASEAN countries applaud China!

Today, Philippines.

Tomorrow?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles