Pakistan JIT says Pathankot attack was drama staged by India to malign Islamabad: Report

manutdfan

My understanding is that Pakistan has basically shot itself in the foot over the whole Pathankot affair. Panthankot unlike Mumbai 26/11 was never going to be a major issue for the global community as the target was a military installation not a civilian one and was on a much smaller scale compared to Mumbai, Paris or Brussels recently. But surprisingly the BJP govt. has been successful in turning it into a 'major issue' and has not let it slip under the radar unlike previous Congress govts.

Two reasons why Pakistan has basically made a mockery of itself over the whole Pathankot incident:
1) the very act of Pakistan sending a JIT is tacit acknowledgement of the fact that Pakistan Army & ISI were involved in this incident.
2) the subsequent declaration by the JIT that India itself staged the attacks to malign them has made Pakistan the laughing stock of town.
Looks like the Pakistanis have been watching a lot of Zeitgeist style conspiracy-theory documentaries of late. It's like accusing the US Govt for 9/11 in order to justify invading Afghanistan and Iraq. This just shows how unprofessional the Pakistanis could be. And they expect the rest of the world to believe their infantile nonsense!

Knowingly or unknowingly I feel that the Indian establishment has scored some major brownie points over the Pakistanis and I hope they're able to leverage it further.

Frankly I wasn't expecting much out of this JIT. But I also wasn't expecting the Pakistanis to commit such a diplomatic faux pas in broad daylight. Now the same Pakistani media alleges that the Charsadda attacks; which occurred a fortnight after the Pathankot attacks; were carried out by a RAW backed Pakistani Taliban faction in retaliation for Pathankot. I don't know it that's true or another one of their delusional musings. What I'm more interested in is- why we still haven't stirred up a hornet's nest in Balochistan? Limited war, surgical strikes is just wishful fancy talk. We need to give the Pakistanis a taste of their own medicine.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Pakistan is not going to get out of this jam at all. GOI is going to tighten the screw and their Pakistan Army brass will have to abandon the policies of the past.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
My understanding is that Pakistan has basically shot itself in the foot over the whole Pathankot affair. Panthankot unlike Mumbai 26/11 was never going to be a major issue for the global community as the target was a military installation not a civilian one and was on a much smaller scale compared to Mumbai, Paris or Brussels recently. But surprisingly the BJP govt. has been successful in turning it into a 'major issue' and has not let it slip under the radar unlike previous Congress govts.

Two reasons why Pakistan has basically made a mockery of itself over the whole Pathankot incident:
1) the very act of Pakistan sending a JIT is tacit acknowledgement of the fact that Pakistan Army & ISI were involved in this incident.
2) the subsequent declaration by the JIT that India itself staged the attacks to malign them has made Pakistan the laughing stock of town.
Looks like the Pakistanis have been watching a lot of Zeitgeist style conspiracy-theory documentaries of late. It's like accusing the US Govt for 9/11 in order to justify invading Afghanistan and Iraq. This just shows how unprofessional the Pakistanis could be. And they expect the rest of the world to believe their infantile nonsense!

Knowingly or unknowingly I feel that the Indian establishment has scored some major brownie points over the Pakistanis and I hope they're able to leverage it further.

Frankly I wasn't expecting much out of this JIT. But I also wasn't expecting the Pakistanis to commit such a diplomatic faux pas in broad daylight. Now the same Pakistani media alleges that the Charsadda attacks; which occurred a fortnight after the Pathankot attacks; were carried out by a RAW backed Pakistani Taliban faction in retaliation for Pathankot. I don't know it that's true or another one of their delusional musings. What I'm more interested in is- why we still haven't stirred up a hornet's nest in Balochistan? Limited war, surgical strikes is just wishful fancy talk. We need to give the Pakistanis a taste of their own medicine.
This is one of the sign that Pakistan will end up breaking into two to four parts sooner or later. The Army is taking dictation from China and couple of other countries occasionally. The Army brass will not let go off the control over their land grab business by high ranking officers but the misinformed public is still dreaming of unreachable objectives as a sole Savior of their religion. As I have written earlier that JIT visit is and should be the last opportunity for Pakistan to act on the non state actors being sent across the border. If they carry out any other attack on our soil we should retaliate on as many camps as we can across the border.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
and this is what i wrote about. all other things fine, what tangible benefits can we be seeing of this whole exercise? strengthening of our bid for the UNSC seat? stirring up balochistan? strike on camps after the next terrorist attack? i hope, but i dont expect.

fyodor

Country flag
As far as polcies go I have said it a number of times- treat Pakistan as what they are...the enemy. Act with one voice against them.

No peicemeal measures, no wishy washy statements- be clear and catergorical. Isolate Pakistan where possibe, cut all economic ties, all people-people ties no sportsmen/women, no Pak actors or musicans, no "traders". Every Pakistani on Indian soil is a security threat and should be treated as such and in tandem build Israeli style walls along the ENTIRE PAK-IND border. Impose a cost on the war Pakistan is ACTIVELY waging on India, right now they are the cat that has got the cream not only can they continue to bleed India but the rest of the world is engaging with them, selling military hardware and providing economic releif. India needs to grow some balls and stop playing this "bhai bhai" game.

Only then will the world see what Pakistan is.
Your views are to mark here. But I would ask why you are so active on that Paki forum where lots of these braindead zombie scums spread their soft jihad?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Your views are to mark here. But I would ask why you are so active on that Paki forum where lots of these braindead zombie scums spread their soft jihad?
Unfortunatly those Paki forums have more activity than this forum, I do prefer it here but you don't seem to get the same ability to have good discussons. I hope this changes in the future as I am getting more and more tired of those jihadis, they don't even try to hide their radical views anymore.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned

Compersion

Country flag
So the ultimate is that Pakistan admits and confesses its people carried out terriosim .

And that would be uses to delegitimize the pakis on Kashmir and bilateral on such.

That will work. But no doubt that is not the only thing we must be doing to get out from the pakis. They frankly don't know and care what they are labelled and how. We need to extract more takeaways ... Especially on national security and beyond. Such takeaways can work hand in hand and in parallel ...

Such are for beyond pakis self life.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles