Pakistan fakes Babur missile test

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
It was Augusta 90 B and this is not first test of this missile this missile was first tested in 2014 and now we have only declared it. Major reason is Lt General who used to head our Nuclear Section is not CJOSC I am talking about General Zubair Hayat. So in coming months we can expect more Missiles to be revealed.
You can't fire BABUR from Agota 90 the SUBTICS does not allow it.
It was a Chinese 093SSN that fired a YJ-18SLCM from within your territorial waters that's all.

AbRaj

Country flag
We always keep the missile color red specially when we are testing cruise missiles. Your laughing and being in state on denial only shows you have lost your mind just like millions of other Indians your butt is on fire also. I am sending you burnol and would make dua for you

Salient features of the missile Babur-3
Just mind your bush below your lips mulla if you don't agree with others. Just clear your throat and say Al.. aaaaaaaaaaahh (pibh)
Don't use inappropriate language

Immanuel

Country flag
Even if this Burbur duss duss missile is real, it's an easy target for the Akash SAM nuff said.

AbRaj

Country flag
pakistan detected a indian sub was a half lie...

pakistan conducted a sub missile test a full lie...
Both were full lies.
That reply was for question regarding SOSUS

mayfair

i don't know but i even had doubt about their nuclear tests....
And rightfully so. The first set of Baki "tests" were a dud, so readymade stuff was shipped in from Cheen and we saw the melting Chagai.

Bakis must be the only country who failed to explode a nuke when they were gifted readymade stuff and had it for over 15 years.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISPR says:
"Babur-3 was launched from an underwater mobile platform from an undisclosed location."

Indx TechS says:
But my friend, fact is that you may test an undisclosed strategic weapon from a disclosed location but you can't test (disclosed or undisclosed) any type of strategic weapon from an undisclosed location.

You have to file a NOTAM (Notification for Airmen) and a NAVAREA warning for safety of passing by boats and civil aircrafts (Cargo/Cruise Ships & Passenger Planes etc.)
So, Pakistan had to file a NOTAM and a NAVAREA warning but Pakistan says they didn't disclose location.

Means that test never occured.

I'm I right or wrong? @sayareakd
Further, Pakistanis say,
"Missile was tested from an undisclosed location in Indian Ocean."

But the target from video looks around Mountainous northeastern part of Pakistan.
Here's a map of Asia Pacific, watch where is Pakistan and where is Indian Ocean.

No cruise missile with just 450km range can even travel to reach Pakistan from here, living alone hitting target in mountains in more far parts of Pakistan.
They didn't even gave a NOTAM (Notification for Airmen) and a NAVAREA warning.
Test most likely not occurred.

mayfair

Babur is painted LACM, and Bakis being Bakis cannot even launch ready made stuff properly.

However, there's more to it than a failed Baki test and busted ghairat. Chinese subs have been visiting Bakis frequently and it's very likely that they launched an LACM at the Baki coast on Baki urging and Bakis thought they could claim it as a Babur test.

Of course, Cheeni did not reckon with Baki stupidity, that they would mess up even a simple video.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Just one question Sir Ji.
You can test an undisclosed strategic weapon weapon from a disclosed location but how can you test a disclosed strategic weapon from an undisclosed location?
You have to file NOTAM and NAVAREA warning for safety of ships and planes.
If any such test really occurred, there must be a NOTAM or at least a NAVAREA warning and we must be knowing the location.
I'm not going to believe that even if test was attempted (fail-pass baad ki baat) if this undisclosed location isn't disclosed.
They are Pakis they dont think about testing missiles on the heads of their Countrymen, so NOTAM doesn't mean anything for them. If missile would have hit Chinese oil tanker they would have said Pakistani Talibs and would have taken money from China in the name of fighting them.

AbRaj

Country flag
i don't know but i even had doubt about their nuclear tests....
Its a Chinese tactics to tell India who the boss is.
The video consists of atleast 3 parts at 3 different locations .
Launch part is probably in Chinese shallow water coast ( as there is no water waves) using Chinese sub and Chinese missile

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ISPR says:
"Babur-3 was launched from an underwater mobile platform from an undisclosed location."

Indx TechS says:
But my friend, fact is that you may test an undisclosed strategic weapon from a disclosed location but you can't test (disclosed or undisclosed) any type of strategic weapon from an undisclosed location.

You have to file a NOTAM (Notification for Airmen) and a NAVAREA warning for safety of passing by boats and civil aircrafts (Cargo/Cruise Ships & Passenger Planes etc.)
So, Pakistan had to file a NOTAM and a NAVAREA warning but Pakistan says they didn't disclose location.

Further, Pakistanis say,

But the target from video looks around Mountainous northeastern part of Pakistan.
Here's a map of Asia Pacific, watch where is Pakistan and where is Indian Ocean.

No cruise missile with just 450km range can even travel to reach Pakistan from here, living alone hitting target in mountains in more far parts of Pakistan.
Pakis have there own history and geography and no NOTOM. Live at your own risk policy.

Akshay_Fenix

Exclusive How an Indian military expert sunk Pakistan's 'fake nuclear missile test'
Islamabad used computer-generated imagery to fabricate a 'successful launch' of Babur-III.

@rajfortyseven

1. On January 9, 2017 evening, DG ISPR official twitter handle @DG_ISPR put out a video congratulating the country for successful test of new submarine launched cruise missile (SLCM) Babur-3

2. At a cursory glance, the video appears to be a successful test with missile exiting water surface, cruising along the coastline and finally hitting its target a red flag with a cliff faced background. The ISPR had done well to hide the missile's start, cruising journey and the target hit. But alas, it was to be so.

missile_1.png

Missile color & speed change after 15 seconds of the video.

3. Geo-location: The video had certain terrain detail especially from s16-24 which looked like Baluchistan mountains usually seen along the coast of Pakistan. A diligent search was made along the entire coast line of more than 500kms to locate the area but to no avail. The missile was shown cruising and hence the camera too was flying probably in a helicopter and hence the visual panoramic discrepancy was realised and the Google Earth app was tilted to give a panoramic view.

Lo and behold, it was there about 35kms east of Ormara. It was 25°20'13"N 64°53'18"E to be precise. Once the location was identified, matching the details was not a difficult task. So a second look at the video was taken and one realised that the missile colour and speed change after 15 seconds of the video.

missile_2.png

Video has been created by combining three clips s0-15, s16-24 and s24-29.

4. Mensuration: The measuring of distances is given extreme importance in analysis of satellite imagery. On measuring distance between the geo-located area compared to video from s16-24, it was realised to the utter surprise, distance covered was approximately 15kms if not less. Considering that the flight of 8 secs covered 15kms the speed works out to be 6,750kms which is almost high hyper-sonic speed and slow as the video appears.

5. Parallax effect: The video from s20-24 shows the red missile looking more like RA'AD than Babur almost stationary. Considering the parallax effect was beyond imagination since the camera would have had to move at higher speeds than the missile to capture it stationary which is virtually impossible.

missile_3.png

Missile was flying with canister for almost 8 seconds? How is it possible?

6. Close scrutiny: On a deeper inspection of the video, it was realised that the video actually is a fake. It has been created by combining three clips s0-15, s16-24 and s24-29. The observations made on the video could be summerised as below:-

a. Exit from water: It is at an incline, suggesting it is not a system that can launch vertically. Meaning it is probably launched from a submerged barge and not an actual submarine.

b. The SLBMs normally have cavitation caps to avoid cavitating effect, which blast off immediately on water surface exit. Here we see something exiting which is of the size of the missile. It can be dubbed as the cavitaion canister.

c. The last clip showing target hit has a cliff in the background. Such cliffs are only seen at Ormaraand Gwadar facing the North. Here considering the entire flight path of missile is true and correct, cliff must face South to show the hit from right to left.

7. It's a fake: The video is certainly a fake with CGI of probably RA'AD missile used to showcase a capability that is difficult for Pakistan to achieve.

http://www.dailyo.in/politics/pakis...ests-cgi-nuclear-arms-race/story/1/15022.html

DingDong

Country flag
ISPR says:

Indx TechS says:

Further, Pakistanis say,

Small correction, Arabian Sea just like the Bay of Bengal is a part of the Indian Ocean.

Missile can be test fired in direction of the Pakistani mainland from shallow water close to the shoreline.

However, the video is dubious.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
ISPR says:

Indx TechS says:

Further, Pakistanis say,

Sahi pakda, sirji!!!! .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Small correction, Arabian Sea just like the Bay of Bengal is a part of the Indian Ocean.

Missile can be test fired in direction of the Pakistani mainland from shallow water close to the shoreline.

However, the video is dubious.
Indian ocean is different from Arabian sea. Pakis cant understand this. They have too much fixation for India..... thats why Arabian sea is called Indian Ocean.

shankyz

Country flag
Maybe Pak is the only country in the world that tests missiles inwards ( firing from sea to land ). No NOTAM needed. Supreme confidence missile will hit bull's eye in first attempt. Ghazwa-e-Hind tech incorporated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy J7

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles