Pakistan announces 5th-gen fighter and medium-altitude long-endurance UAV programs

bose

Country flag
Pakistan will convert the Junk Fighter - 17 into a fifth generation fighter ...

Vijyes

I doubt if China will simply handover the technology of J31 to Pakistan. It will anger India and pretty much everyone else. India can also arm Taiwan and Vietnam in retaliation. China didn't even hand over the technology of JF17 fully to pakistan, even excluding engine.

UAV is definitely Turkey's UAV. Islamic military alliance between Turkey, Arabs, Pakistan etc are sharing technology and weapons. Pakistan has even alleged to have sold nukes to Saudi Arabia. So, transfer of Turkish technolgy to Pakistan is not surprising in today's world.

Pakistan has absolutely 0 technology with it relating to AESA radars, BVR missiles, seekers, engines, avionics suite, sensor fusion, fire control etc. It can utmost make the airframe (which is simple). I am not even sure if Pakistan has composite technology to make airframes from composites without using metal significantly.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Are these fifth class fighter jets be made by Pakistan be made of paper or cardboard or wood or plastic? Where will they be kept? School science exhibitions?

Vijyes

to finance the program, you will have to sell all of sindh and balochistan
Nope, Saudis are the ones funding the project. However, an islamic mind doesnt think properly and that is where the problem comes. The islamic world is like a technological blackhole

IndiaRising

Country flag
Nope, Saudis are the ones funding the project. However, an islamic mind doesnt think properly and that is where the problem comes. The islamic world is like a technological blackhole
you think saudis will not get something in return?

Vijyes

you think saudis will not get something in return?
Saudis are the head of Islamic military alliance. They will command Pakistani Army in the name of Allah and declare World war 3 to invade Europe and Asia. They are already installing governments in Canada, congress in India, Macron in France, funded Hillary Clinton but failed etc.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
If all it takes is money then why aren't Saudis making it themselves.

Making 5th gen jet isn't a child's play. Even 4th gen is too much for most countries.

There are thousands of components inside a plane. Engineering them from scratch without required IPs or blueprints would be a nightmare even for most senior scientific team.

And engineering is only the beginning. A thorough understanding and capability of metallurgy, electronics, hydraulics, composite materials etc. is needed to make these components.

Even if they pass that stage then there is requirement for many scientific testing facilities to test each of their designs including at sub system level. These different facilities alone will take decades to build.

Lets assume they get pass all this problems then still without a strong manufacturing base it would be impossible to build one squad. In Tejas we had same issue. Some sub components of LCA were so much complicated that no one in our industry could make them in required numbers so scientists had to re engineer those parts to make them more simpler. Our industrial base is way too bigger and mature than Pakis.

This is why I said in my previous comment that this is nothing short of a joke from our western neighbor. Everyone associated with aviation industry must be laughing hard.:pound::pound::pound:

So don't take it seriously it is nothing but :bs:

It is most likely that they will buy some junk from China and will call it indigenous or JV or something along those lines.:rotfl:

Last edited:

Vijyes

Kay, there are ways to do that. Spares stocks, contracts allowing local partners to take over progressively. All of that can be done. You are not wrong. But I bet if no imports were available, the OFB rifle would have been accepted.
If all it takes is money then why aren't Saudis making it themselves.

Making 5th gen jet isn't a child's play. Even 4th gen is too much for most countries.

There are thousands of components inside a plane. Engineering them from scratch without required IPs or blueprints would be a nightmare even for most senior scientific team.

And engineering is only the beginning. A thorough understanding and capability of metallurgy, electronics, hydraulics, composite materials etc. is needed to make these components.

Even if they pass that stage then there is requirement for many scientific testing facilities to test each of their designs including at sub system level. These different facilities alone will take decades to build.

Lets assume they get pass all this problems then still without a strong manufacturing base it would be impossible to build one squad. In Tejas we had same issue. Some sub components of LCA were so much complicated that no one in our industry could make them in required numbers so scientists had to re engineer those parts to make them more simpler. Our industrial base is way too bigger and mature than Pakis.

This is why I said in my previous comment that this is nothing short of a joke from our western neighbor. Everyone associated with aviation industry must be laughing hard.:pound::pound::pound:

So don't take it seriously it is nothing but :bs:

It is most likely that they will buy some junk from China and will call it indigenous or JV or something along those lines.:rotfl:
As I said, if there is brains, then arabs have 2-3 trillion dollar sovereign wealth fund which they can use to develop weapon production facility by combining the talented minds of all islamic countries together. They can hire 2 lakh scientists at a go and then assign tasks in a distributed manner. It may take 15 years to 20 years, especially if they manage to reverse engineer their US made items purchased by them. What 20000 scientists and engineers of India takes 40 years to make, these people can make them in 15-20 years.

As I told, Islamic mind is demented and doesn't think rightly. Finding even 10000 muslim engineers and scientists who are talented will require magic

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
If I am not wrong Pakistan was the first country in Asia to induct a Jet fighter, it goes something like Star Fighter 104 [ I may be wrong with the name].
PAF and IAF had Sabre and Hunters respectively before PAF inducted F 104 in their 9 Air Superiority squadron.

Total 12 F 104A/ B starfighters inducted which were different from other variants.

AnantS

Country flag
Its just a name given to funneling money to Turkish or Chinese 5th gen fighter programs.

Vijyes

It is actually more wiser to use the word "caliphate", than words like 'Pakistan', 'Turkey' etc. As long as there are kaffurs/Kafirs, the entire caliphate will stand united. The so called countries are just provinces of the Caliphate rather than independent states.

Quran say that this world is fake and to do jihad for eternal heaven. The duty of every muslim is to kill kaffurs/kafirs, with special emphasis on pagans so that on judgement day, Muhammad will come and grant heaven to all muslims. In other words, the duty of muslims is to kill everyone else so that on judgement day they can be killed and thus destroy human species!

Quran further says that Allah has left behind Caliph as viceroy for the muslims and that all muslims belong to Caliphate.

So, never question about money, number of people, strength of soldiers just based on any one of the provinces. Consider Islam as a whole. They have funds but they do not respect science (world is fake attitude).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles