P-8I maritime patrol aircraft

drkrn

Anti Submarine Warfare Weapons Of P8I

Mk54 HAWC

------------------------------------

MK 56 -Mine

Mk 56 is a 2000-lb aircraft-laid moored mine (22.4 in x 114.3 in), with a 360-lb charge (HBX-3). This 2,000-pound mine consists of an anchor, mechanism section, explosive section, and flight gear. Although intended primarily as an anti-submarine weapon, it can also be used effectively against surface craft. The mine employs a magnetic firing mechanism, which uses a total-field magnetometer as its influence detector. Unlike earlier search coils which responded to changes in only one component of a ship's magnetic field, the Mine Mk 56's magnetometer responds to changes in magnitude of the total background field. The mechanism/explosive sections are painted brick red and the anchor is painted black.

--------------------------

MK 60 captor mine

the picture says the torpedo released searches for submarine is a circular fashion.why so?cant it hit straight

drkrn

will Americans give us necessary technology and permissions to repair/modify them ourselves according to our need

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
the picture says the torpedo released searches for submarine is a circular fashion.why so?cant it hit straight
Submarine moves in all direction, after detection..

When torpedo is launched it moves around a bit to find out the target location then it seek after its acoustic signature..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Search is circular pattern. When target is acquired, torpedo travels in a straight line.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Submarine moves in all direction, after detection..
When torpedo is launched it moves around a bit to find out the target location then it seek after its acoustic signature..
Its passive detection. Submarine does not know it has been detected until the fish is in the water.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It will be interesting to see if IAF tries to stick the Air launched Brahmos on the P-8I
Why would the IAF get involved? It is the IN who will "own" and operate the P-8I. And given this is a US-origin system I'd say it was most unlikely the Bhramos would find itself onto the P-8I-JMHO.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
In future its important to integrate either PJ-10 or Nirbhay..

Kranthi

As of now we are buying some 200+ Harpoon-II to be used from P-8I

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Close look at those Practice Harpoons..

Most Probably P8-I will be equipped with AGM-84L HARPOON

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
As far as i noticed, India has signed an agreement with the US government to purchase 24 Harpoon Block II missiles for its Jaguar strike aircraft, in a bid to ramp up its maritime warfare capability, there is no mention of P8-I

As of now we are buying some 200+ Harpoon-II to be used from P-8I

trackwhack

Why would the IAF get involved? It is the IN who will "own" and operate the P-8I. And given this is a US-origin system I'd say it was most unlikely the Bhramos would find itself onto the P-8I-JMHO.
ok baba ... IN ... Dont chastise me for a slip up

Kranthi

As far as i noticed, India has signed an agreement with the US government to purchase 24 Harpoon Block II missiles for its Jaguar strike aircraft, in a bid to ramp up its maritime warfare capability, there is no mention of P8-I
May be the deal is not done yet done, or may b it is already done.
But i have read that along with some P8I news. i don't think i can find the link again but we probably have to wait for more such news.

Kranthi

Ok my bad, it is 21 missiles for 200 million $ and not 200 missiles :p

P-8I Neptune Maritime Multimission Aircraft (MMA) - IDP Sentinel

That link also have lot of details about P-8I

And kunal ji
what about the 24 missiles quoted above ?
is that a separate deal to arm jaguars ??

Articles