OSINT from Satellite images

sthf

Country flag
Do India need bombers is a case to be debated .but if we need them we can certainly afford them . They are great value for money and serve 40-50 years easily . Our issue is shitty procurement policy not as much as lack of capex.

We might need them as they provide a very long arm and can force enemy to focus on different theatre. And we have to project power all over Indian Ocean at the very least.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
Almost everything is debatable if you want it to be.

1) No, they are incredibly expensive to buy and maintain.
2) No, we cannot afford them.
3) No, they most certainly are not great value for money. Strategic weapons rarely are.

Each of these apply if you want a modern strategic bomber i.e. either supersonic or stealth. If you want to buy outdated junks like Tu-16s be my guest but they will be swatted like flies in an confrontation with a capable force.
There is a reason why only two countries have kept their strategic bombers, the two superpowers, one existing, one former.

Opening up a different theatre has some value if you have a different theatre to open, India doesn't. Both Pak and China are neighbours with whom India share thousands of km of land border. Pakistan's navy is non-existent and PLAN has no counter plan for choking of Malacca straits.

You need warships, big and lots of them to project power. As has been the case for centuries now.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
All 10 C-17s in one shot @ Hindon AFS
View attachment 35939

All 6 C-130 of Panagarh AFS. Long wait ahead for the new Mid Air Refuelers which were to be based there
View attachment 35940
We ordered a replacement aircraft it seems.

The Indian Air Force operates a fleet of 11 C-130J-30s and has ordered an additional C-130J Super Hercules.
https://www.business-standard.com/a...-super-hercules-empennage-119022000468_1.html

Seems MoD has cleared the replacement back in 2016.

The Defence Ministry today approved the buying of one C-130 J Super Hercules aircraft, worth about Rs 900 crore, to replace the one that had crashed in 2014 killing five crew members, including four officers.
https://www.financialexpress.com/in...ng-of-c-130-j-super-hercules-aircraft/351356/

Tanmay

Country flag
I know we ordered it but if it was delivered is the question..

Feb 2019 news. Almost all newspapers I saw carry the same news. Hence the doubt whether it was delivered.
https://www.business-standard.com/a...-super-hercules-empennage-119022000468_1.html
The Indian Air Force operates a fleet of 11 C-130J-30s and has ordered an additional C-130J Super Hercules.

Last edited:

Tanmay

Country flag
NGHAS Next Generation Hardened Air Shelters

The existing HAS were meant to accomodate Mig-21s and smaller planes. So they can't accomodate Sukhois

2015: News trickles in about plans for NGHAS to accomodate Sukhois
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/1...e_Shelters__Parliamentary_Report#.XRW8LugzbIU

2019: NGHAS approved. But just 110 to be spread across India
https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-fig...rs-to-protect-them-from-chinese-bombs/173905/

DRDO HAS (No idea if same as NGHAS)
https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/DRDO-a-glimpse-ebook.pdf
has03.PNG

At all airbases across India you can see new HAS(even before NGHAS approved) being built since last two/three years . These HAS seem wide enough to accommodate Su-30s. They resemble the DRDO HAS in above picture.

Each airbase has just two of these. So not meant to accommodate entire squadron.

Su-30 are 22m long and 15m wide.
New HAS seem to be 30mx18m
HAS.PNG

has01.PNG

In NE region both HAS are build side by side. NE regions lack HAS for even normal Migs or have open blast pens. Western bases are crowded with little room for expansion.
has02.PNG

Interestingly these new HAS can be found at even faraway bases even in South India.

A good writeup on HAS and how HAS have been made ineffective by modern PGM/Cruise Missiles.
https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2008-02.html

So even before NGHAS starts we have been building HAS to accommodate Sukhois albeit at much smaller scale. In all not more than 30-40 such new HAS at present exist.

Attachments

IndianHawk

Country flag
Almost everything is debatable if you want it to be.

1) No, they are incredibly expensive to buy and maintain.
2) No, we cannot afford them.
3) No, they most certainly are not great value for money. Strategic weapons rarely are.

Each of these apply if you want a modern strategic bomber i.e. either supersonic or stealth. If you want to buy outdated junks like Tu-16s be my guest but they will be swatted like flies in an confrontation with a capable force.
There is a reason why only two countries have kept their strategic bombers, the two superpowers, one existing, one former.

Opening up a different theatre has some value if you have a different theatre to open, India doesn't. Both Pak and China are neighbours with whom India share thousands of km of land border. Pakistan's navy is non-existent and PLAN has no counter plan for choking of Malacca straits.

You need warships, big and lots of them to project power. As has been the case for centuries now.
Not true. Chinese are also building long range bombers at rapid pace. And we don't just need to fight at borders we need capabilities to bomb anywhere in Indian Ocean specially around andmann if hostile Chinese forces come anywhere near.

Ofcourse new bombers are costly but they serve 50-60 years easily. USA cold war bomber is supposed to last 100 years in service.
As bombers rarely go supersonic and manuver less thus there lifespan is much more than fighters and over long rung they are a great value for money.

And a bomber can carry 4-5 bramhos for much longer distance than a su30 with just 1 bmos.
Same for nirbhay and bramhos Ng . Not to mention much more tonnage of conventional or standoff bombs. We are anyway going to develop air launch cruise and ballistic missiles , bomber increases the hitting distance by large margins over fighter.
That gives us capabilities to attack straight of Malacca or straight of harmuz with standoff distance.

We might not need 100s of bombers but having a fleet of 12-24 will surely provide us with tremendous power projection in Indian Ocean.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Tanmay

Country flag
27°43'10.19"N 68°47'58.37"E

PAF Sukkur

Looks like a flat land. Nothing interesting.
p4.PNG

Drag the slider to 2016-17. This looks like an underground hardened building. Possibly a PAF command and control centre just like our IACCS. The 3 longish tubes are probably entry points or ventilation shafts. IAF will need some serious firepower to knock these off.

There should exist more such new hardened infra around other bases.

p5.PNG

p6.PNG

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor has a weak link, satellite images show

Ever since China cut funding for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor over corruption allegations, work on the trillion-dollar Belt and Road Initiative, President Xi Jinping’s dream project, has been progressing slowly. India has also raised objections to the project a number of times, since the corridor passes through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. But now, satellite imagery shows that the CPEC has a weak link — the road through Gojal Valley in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of the Karakoram mountains. ThePrint takes a closer look at why it could be the Achilles Heel of the CPEC. Massive landslide On 4 January 2010, a massive landslide occurred near Attabad, blocking the Hunza river and the Karakoram Highway (KKH).

The enormity of the landslide was understood only by March 2010, when almost 30 kilometres of the KKH went under water and many villages upstream were flooded. The 142 Road Maintenance Battalion (RMB) under the Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) was pressed into service, supposedly with the help of Chinese engineers, to create a spillway through 2.5 billion cubic feet of debris damming the Hunza river.
There were indications about an impending disaster on satellite imagery as old as 2006, since the landslide at Attabad became active. The image clearly shows a dam being formed across the river with boulders from the landslide, in an almost man-made fashion. The difficult job of clearing the landslide started in March 2010, but hardly made a dent in the 130m-200m high natural dam. Source: Col. Vinayak Bhat (retd.) The people of Gojal got frustrated due to apathy displayed by the government of Pakistan, and started working on the spillway, losing precious lives in the process. The damming of the Hunza river waters created a huge lake, stretching up to 30 km behind the landslide zone, beyond the town of Pasu. Residents then started using the lake to travel by boat. Today, the Hunza Lake or Attabad Lake has stabilised at 9 km from the spillway near Attabad. The massive efforts to open the road link were unsuccessful, so Pakistan sought the help of China and the World Bank. Source: Col. Vinayak Bhat (retd.) Five tunnels covering a total of approximately 8 km were dug, and in 2016, the KKH was finally reopened for through traffic after six-and-a-half years. The first large convoy sent on this road was a car rally from Beijing to Muscat, Oman.

The old Shishkat bridge, which had been washed away after remaining under water for four years, and a new bridge, whose piers had been completed before 2010, was finally constructed. Status in different seasons Although the KKH has been open for nearly three years now, traffic has to be restrained due to the tunnels en route being small in size, and not being able to take sustained two-way traffic. Source: Col. Vinayak Bhat (retd.) In summer, images from the last couple of months show a turquoise-coloured lake with some water sports taking place on it. The road is open for traffic, indicated by vehicles observed on the road. Source: Col. Vinayak Bhat (retd.) However, it is in the winter months, between October and March, that the road becomes a weak link for the CPEC, because it is blocked due to heavy snowfall and remains closed for traffic. Source: Col. Vinayak Bhat (retd.)

On clear days, satellite images display a frozen lake with an ice layer on the top. Those wishing to travel in and out of Gojal have to trek about 8-10 km on the lake with their loads. The Chinese have not yet decided to invest in this area, possibly due to a combination of reasons, including pressure from India and other countries. But this weakness in the CPEC could also have factored into its hesitation.

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/the-china-pakistan-economic-corridor-has-a-weak-link-satellite-images-show/ .

Tanmay

Country flag

The Pakistani radar is placed at Mangal Dam. It is also a huge Cantonment Area. It lies just outside PoK
Mangla Dam was targeted by IAF in 1971 and still remains a juicy target.

Mangla Dam Radar Cordinates
33° 9'29.82"N 73°38'16.53"E

But the tweet below says IAF might not know about the site. That's laughable. Such a huge cantonment and previously attacked important target will surely have a Radar base. It seems to have been in use for a decade or so from GE images.

Last edited:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
same

View attachment 22842

same one

View attachment 22843

video too is available

Whoever this Air Force officer is giving bullshit about maintaining peace in the region. SOB sounds very angry from his tone and telling the world about diverting funds from defense to social causes. They have been spending large amount of their budget on defense for decades. Since they are getting squeezed from both sides the "Mantra" of peace is on the tongues of liars.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I have seen some satellite images of nuclear arsenal near Indian border in KPK also read a statement by Gen. Musharraf about tunnels to transport them from one place to next site which are so deep that they can neither be destroyed not detected by satellites. For the last 15 years or less, I have been thinking about a possible collaboration between two enemies on both sides of the border. My main concern is what if they constructed these underground tunnels deep inside Indian territory and created a web of tunnels like octopus has tentacles. Since Musharraf has already made public about the design of tunnels, I have a very strong intuition that my intuition will prove to be correct one day if war breaks out and we have to fight it on two borders.

Please give me your opinion on this war scenario which is likely to unfold in future. Pakistan's regime has 100% support of China's PLA and CCP because both countries have lot at stake in losing control over POK. P.A and civilian leadership is doing everything to provoke Indian leadership on MSM and social media.

Please disregard the video on this post. I made a mistake by pasting it.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
https://theprint.in/defence/pakista...ar-weapons-storage-facility-baluchistan/9291/
I wanted to paste this link in the previous post. Iam also concerned about some activities taking place at the Sargodha Air base which is also a storage facility of nuclear arsenal as per published articles. I see multiple tunnels originating from that facility penetrating deep inside India's Punjab borders. I see the #300 through my RVI during meditation. I can only gues at the moment what this #300 represents. It can be either 300 feet or 300 meter or 300 Kilometers in a worst case scenario.

Please give me your feed back. If any one of the reader has used the remote viewing system to visualize the activities on other side of the border than let us discuss on this thread. It is a matter of our nations long term security and we have to counter these strategies of the SOB's both sides of our border.

Country flag
I was just leisurely watching the maps when this caught my attention.

It's 400m long, what could be the purpose of such long hanger area ?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was just leisurely watching the maps when this caught my attention.

It's 400m long, what could be the purpose of such long hanger area ?

Looks like an new agricultural structure. A poultry farm perhaps?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DFIlite DFIlite twitter OSINT post OSINT 22
Haldilal OSINT Images Contribution Members Corner 69
Haldilal DFI OSINT Images Contribution. OSINT 8
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54