North East Security Watch

another_armchair

Country flag
NE has some potential in 3 sector IMHO
1) Hydropower
2) Tourism
3) Border area trade
However, in order for all these to work well we need to have a conducive environment and I don't see that happening in my lifetime for sure. One senior government guy once said NE is just a black hole of India, sometimes you just don't know what is happening there
Entire NE has the potential to become the rice bowl of India.

If only they chose to put in a little effort. The younger generation would rather move out and work at salons, eateries and as store sales staff in metropolitan cities.

Potential of horticulture and agriculture is vastly under achieved in the North East.

Jimih

Country flag
1) Hydropower
2) Tourism
3) Border area trade
Hydropower-- exists only on paper. I've personally seen a particular NE state govt asking central funds for a Microhydel to be installed in a particular distict. But those recieved funds went for buying new flats in New Delhi for that local Minister's family.

Tourism-- Untill ILP exists say goodbye to tourism in Northeast. Xenophobia is present in copious amount in NE tribal states. This attitude is not helping.

Border area trade-- wasn't that was going on in some NE states with FMR?

Now see what FMR has brought down to those particular NE states.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Hydropower-- exists only on paper. I've personally seen a particular NE state govt asking central funds for a Microhydel to be installed in a particular distict. But those recieved funds went for buying new flats in New Delhi for that local Minister's family.

Tourism-- Untill ILP exists say goodbye to tourism in Northeast. Xenophobia is present in copious amount in NE tribal states. This attitude is not helping.

Border area trade-- wasn't that was going on in some NE states with FMR?

Now see what FMR has brought down to those particular NE states.
Entire NE has the potential to become the rice bowl of India.

If only they chose to put in a little effort. The younger generation would rather move out and work at salons, eateries and as store sales staff in metropolitan cities.

Potential of horticulture and agriculture is vastly under achieved in the North East.
Combing the two
Horticulture and Agriculture, I don't man unless there is proper freight service it will go all wasted, there is no proper cold storage as well, and what is grown is very minor, Manipur once used to produce surplus rice now has to import.
Told you it will take some time for NE to develop and it read to start from the grassroots level. The whole region is very corrupt tho it has immense potential. I only see, Meghalaya, Assam, and Sikkim doing well and rest are just mix bag. Tripura has potential but let see, Nagaland is a status quo state, Manipur well I just don't know how to express so much potential but too narrow-minded. Mizoram, it is leave them alone attitude, should be merged with Chin state and kicked out from India.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
1) Hydropower
2) Tourism
3) Border area trade
However, in order for all these to work well we need to have a conducive environment and I don't see that happening in my lifetime for sure. One senior government guy once said NE is just a black hole of India, sometimes you just don't know what is happening there
Each of these industries will require further enmeshing with the rest of India. If the local attitudes persist in some of the states, it won't work.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Even if there were such industries theoretically speaking , not that there are any , what makes you think GoI would want the NE to be 100% self sufficient ?
It wouldn't be. My question was meant in the sense that right now some North Eastern states produce... nothing.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Combing the two
Horticulture and Agriculture, I don't man unless there is proper freight service it will go all wasted, there is no proper cold storage as well, and what is grown is very minor, Manipur once used to produce surplus rice now has to import.
Told you it will take some time for NE to develop and it read to start from the grassroots level. The whole region is very corrupt tho it has immense potential. I only see, Meghalaya, Assam, and Sikkim doing well and rest are just mix bag. Tripura has potential but let see, Nagaland is a status quo state, Manipur well I just don't know how to express so much potential but too narrow-minded. Mizoram, it is leave them alone attitude, should be merged with Chin state and kicked out from India.
Afaik, there's also sentiment amongst the tribals that resist from going a hunting/jungle resource harvesting society to a full-on farming society right?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Gobhiji ko political rotiyan sekne se fursat mile to kaam hoga..
W.B. me jo hua uske upar ab movies banwa rahe hain BJP ecosystem wale..
The point is to get that Meitei mentality across the Hindus of India. Though their agenda is more of tribal loyalty, this can translate to Hindu unity. You people are just unwilling to use righteous violence even when barbarians are staring at you.

Imagine if the Hindu men and women picked up their farming tools and made short work of that mullah MLA who was raping women in Sandeshkhali. Publicly about an entire village. That would have sent a chilling message.

But you guys just don't learn unity. And then you wonder why other sister communities run away and don't back you.

Pacifism is not appreciated - might sound ironic coming from a Buddhist (the irony of us being portrayed as wusses), but it is the truth.

fooLIam

Its time for Meities to pickup arms again

Mudi ji elections mode mein hain. The napunsakta from the central govt can't be overlooked now.

When it comes to standing their ground this goverment has always backtracked or was mute spectators. Doesn’t help that your avg. dhindus are ignorant and dumb. Better metie goes full on survival mode and rearmed themself at the same time starts outreach programs to rest of Hindus for monetary and all kind of support . Just don’t depend on goverment.

Jimih

Country flag
Print is like Kuki Voice now
Everyone is including the judiciary.

Self-entitlement shit is too much running within the heads of Abrahamic tribes in India.

Supreme Court just said that Kuki Christian woman paraded naked on streets of Manipur by Hindu Meiteis is totally a different case than SC Hindu women being raped by a Muslim leader in Sandeshkhali.

Thats a selective outrage and hypocrisy on the part of Indian judiciary.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
More like Israel and Hezbollah, with CAPF-like UN troops and Israel and Hezbollah(Meitei and Kuki) fighting at fringe areas as they know a full-blown civil war is a loss for both sides.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles