Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Maoists attack road construction workers in Jharkhand

Throwing a spanner in the works for developmental activities in the region, Maoist ultras attacked road construction workers in Jharkhand's Lohardagga District on Saturday.Ram Gulab Sharma, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, said that the Maoists were trying to extort money from the factory and in that process burnt the bulldozer kept outside."Some notorious group came here and burnt the machine. Allegedly, they were trying to extort money and in the process burnt the machine. We are looking into the matter," said Sharma.One of the eye witnesses said that the Maoists ultras asked for kerosene from her to burn the machine."They asked for kerosene oil and I gave them. They were around 18-20 of them," said Pancho Devi. (ANI)

pmaitra

This entire Maoist problem is becoming a big cartel for extorting money which are further used to procure weapons, which help them raid police stations and patrol parties and steal more weapons and ammunition. This is looking more like the Mexican Drug Cartels, and becoming a venomous serpent.

Unfortunately, the current system on which our country runs is far from what was envisaged by our forefathers. It would be naïve to assume that the Maoists have no mass support. They do in many cases, sometimes out of genuine reasons, sometimes out of fear.

It took several decades of skewed growth, exploitation, government apathy, of the North-East and the mineral rich regions in East-Central India for all these insurgencies to surface, and it will take a lot of effort, economic and political, to come out of this rut. In the meanwhile, PRC and Pakistan will make every attempt to provide funding to these insurgent groups so as to keep India bogged down.

Oracle

if Army enters in this battle, they will loose their fame, its hard situation,
like Pak Army loosing its fame by killing Balouch or other terrorist groups...
You are Sir, incorrigible. You patronize the maoists in all your posts. You're nothing but a terrorist sympathizer. You eat of this country, and spout venom of the armed forces. You are a replica of ajtr. Shame on you.

Oracle

The correct word would be popular not heros, Same Naxal also Killed farmers..

Even killed and eaten them to terrorize locals..
How can terrorists be popular? This is the first time you have let me down. Terrorists understand only the language of bullets. They are pests that need to be exterminated.

Oracle

This is how naxals become heroes to the poor.....

[video=youtube_share;DikxvOh2KMc]http://youtu.be/DikxvOh2KMc[/video]
Heroes? How about a stray bullet ripping you apart? You actually deserve that for all the praises you lavish on terrorists.

agentperry

terrorists are there in kashmir, NE,
dacoits are in parliament

in jungles of chattisgarh and bengal- there are rebels, maoist in our lingo and robinhood in literal way

Oracle

terrorists are there in kashmir, NE,
dacoits are in parliament

in jungles of chattisgarh and bengal- there are rebels, maoist in our lingo and robinhood in literal way
Why not join em' maoists? Your IP address would help hunt you down like a rabid dog.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
How can terrorists be popular? This is the first time you have let me down. Terrorists understand only the language of bullets. They are pests that need to be exterminated.
They are popular without a doubt, The Naxal Informers are from villages and local people, Indeed many work for Gov too..

These are our People, We need to take care of the situation carefully..

If still no use and they pose major thread to whole Society, they should be eliminated to save many others..

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Oracle.....you are taking the problem in a very diluted manner. It is too complex to be just a matter of bullets. There are some reasons which helped the Maoists to gain lot of support. Maoists use violent method to keep their grip on poor villagers but you cannot deny the ground situation which make the people to lose trust on the state.

PS: The state police and CRPF are learning fast how to give them their own medicine. Eventually, when heads are cut off , they will remain as armed gangs of bandits- to earn quick money (idealism, revolution etc will vanish) and to some extent evade the law. Police operation, development and rehabiliation- is the strategy to uproot it completely.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Oracle.....you are taking the problem in a very diluted manner. It is too complex to be just a matter of bullets. There are some reasons which helped the Maoists to gain lot of support. Maoists use violent method to keep their grip on poor villagers but you cannot deny the ground situation which make the people to lose trust on the state.

PS: The state police and CRPF are learning fast how to give them their own medicine. Eventually, when heads are cut off , they will remain as armed gangs of bandits- to earn quick money (idealism, revolution etc will vanish) and to some extent evade the law. Police operation, development and rehabiliation- is the strategy to uproot it completely.
The quicker the people realize that it is more of a political problem the better.

Democracy had been forced upon these people 60 years ago by the forefathers of the nation. But then distance from cities slowed the pace of integration of the locals with democratic values. Add to it the trouble of adjusting to new way of life, devoid of forests, by being cornered by mining cartels and state supported mafais. Disenchantment with democracy does not come as a surprise to me. People labeling them as terrorists ignore the historical and political background of the problem.

But no denying the fact that we need to keep a tab on people who fuel this disenchantment, while working on integration of the tribals with the mainstream.

bhramos

Country flag
You are Sir, incorrigible. You patronize the maoists in all your posts. You're nothing but a terrorist sympathizer. You eat of this country, and spout venom of the armed forces. You are a replica of ajtr. Shame on you.
do you know even after 67years of Independence to this Country, their are vilages in this country with no electricity and no roads, they even dont know what is Rupee. use decade or century old type transactions like exchange foods for goods...

i am not a terrorist sympathizer, but a Human rights activist...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i am not a terrorist sympathizer, but a Human rights activist...
You have soft corner for violent Naxals..

Human Right activist focused on people in agony and there voice, they don't support violence nor they suggest violence..

Human right activist don't post picture & Vid of dead Solider or wounded once, you have done that in this fourm..

Human right activist don't show technological marvels PR of naxals, Eg: Crude RL ( 500meter range told by you ) and ti fin bombs ( Equivalent to 50kg of RDX by you)..

You claim that you have expertise with Naxal, Yet you cant even distinguished different Naxal groups..

bhramos

Country flag
You have soft corner for violent Naxals..

Human Right activist focused on people in agony and there voice, they don't support violence nor they suggest violence..

Human right activist don't post picture & Vid of dead Solider or wounded once, you have done that in this fourm..

Human right activist don't show technological marvels PR of naxals, Eg: Crude RL ( 500meter range told by you ) and ti fin bombs ( Equivalent to 50kg of RDX by you)..

You claim that you have expertise with Naxal, Yet you cant even distinguished different Naxal groups..
i have changed a lot, basically, i am not a terrorist sympathizer nor Human right activist. just recently returned from UK,
i am red terror expert,. as i have been seeing them from my childhood..
i have been seeing a lot of videos about those lives of tribals.. and whats really happening their.. i liked one part about Naxals, they are protecting forests, but taliban style courts and killing i didnt like.. and basically in AP, i have seen personally when Naxals were present, no killing and no violence, its just fear that someone is watching you so the officials fear to take Corruption, but today its all gone, no fear corruption is at its high..
but Chatisgarh is a different issue, the violence is other part.. but i am only considered about tribals.. noting else..
and i quit on this topic.. in this forum..
sorry the end..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
[h=1]Straight Talk with E N Rammohan[/h]A breathtaking interview with EN Rammohan, former DG BSF, regarding his report on the Dantewada massacre. Im not surprised the more "mainstream" channels dont interview him. He is a VERY candid man, on a range of issues connected with the Naxal problem, including operations, reasons for insurgency, and the much touted "Air Power against naxals", over which the Home Minister eventually had to eat crow. Worth a watch. Real journalism, instead of the canned rubbish which some media outlets put out. ENR was head of the BSF in Kashmir, before becoming DG. He was also in ITBP on deputation at the start of his career.

Former Border Security Force chief E N Rammohan submitted the Dantewada Naxal attack report to Home Secretary recently. With an interview with NewsXs National Affairs Editor Seema Mustafa, Rammohan revealed some new facts about the deadly attack.

LAND SEALING ACT :
http://urbanindia.nic.in/legislations/sub_legis/ulcra_1976.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

I agree with Kunal here. One should not post pictures of dead Indian soldiers, paramilitary personnel or policemen. It is demoralizing and also gives too much credence to the insurgents.

Yes, when it comes to the grievances of the tribals and the underdeveloped citizens of India, I am with them. They deserve our support, even if they are Maoists sympathizers. However, in the same breadth, let us also lend support to our CRPF and police forces who are fighting this insurgency, just like we lend support to our COIN and Army folks fighting in J&K or NE, or our BSF jawans guarding our borders.

Let's get things in perspective, and this is just my view, in addition to my post just prior to this in this thread:
Many people are backward and have not benefited much from the economic development of the country. Most of these people are either tribals, dalits, and strangely enough, inhabit lands rich in mineral wealth, which has been exploited and from which the country have benefited. However, if all of the Maoists were indeed saints, they would not have carried out massacre after massacre, not only of CRPF and state policemen, but also the very tribals who refused to support them, or for that matter, carried out sabotage like that of the Gyaneshwari Express. One another question that comes to mind is who is funding the large cache of weapons that the Maoists are known to posses? Surely, there is an influx of funds from countries hostile to India.

bhramos

Country flag
I agree with Kunal here. One should not post pictures of dead Indian soldiers, paramilitary personnel or policemen. It is demoralizing and also gives too much credence to the insurgents.

Yes, when it comes to the grievances of the tribals and the underdeveloped citizens of India, I am with them. They deserve our support, even if they are Maoists sympathizers. However, in the same breadth, let us also lend support to our CRPF and police forces who are fighting this insurgency, just like we lend support to our COIN and Army folks fighting in J&K or NE, or our BSF jawans guarding our borders.

Let's get things in perspective, and this is just my view, in addition to my post just prior to this in this thread:
Many people are backward and have not benefited much from the economic development of the country. Most of these people are either tribals, dalits, and strangely enough, inhabit lands rich in mineral wealth, which has been exploited and from which the country have benefited. However, if all of the Maoists were indeed saints, they would not have carried out massacre after massacre, not only of CRPF and state policemen, but also the very tribals who refused to support them, or for that matter, carried out sabotage like that of the Gyaneshwari Express. One another question that comes to mind is who is funding the large cache of weapons that the Maoists are known to posses? Surely, there is an influx of funds from countries hostile to India.
thats true, i support CRPF,
but i support them maximum 3rd degree as of state supports, but rapes and sexual assaults, no

do u know this !!!!
[video=youtube_share;wyBjxcIwYrU]http://youtu.be/wyBjxcIwYrU[/video]

when there are terrorist countries which oppose our IA and Indian reputation in the world, this is a small thing........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
do u know this !!!!
[video=youtube_share;wyBjxcIwYrU]http://youtu.be/wyBjxcIwYrU[/video]

when there are terrorist countries which oppose our IA and Indian reputation in the world, this is a small thing........
Why you posting bull crap again..

RR have very deep and good relation with Civilian population there, Such nonsense is just cheap stunt show just like Norway kid issues..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles