Nag anti-tank Missile

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
India`s most major Route bridges takes 70tons on avarge not 50tons, Yes in MOD It is said so which is false..

Yes, But bigger Chassis come with more maintene and weight so does size, NAG need Light weight yet powerful, BMP does not fit for Job..

No, I am saying most of India's major route bridges average up to 50t and can take T-90s. That is why IA decided to buy it en mass and not Arjun. A NAG carrier needing more power and protection would be better off with that. BMPT might not be on order, but it still cremates anything else in its class and a NAG carrier would be even more potent on this chassis. BMP-2 is a joke.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India`s most major Route bridges takes 70tons on avarge not 50tons, Yes in MOD It is said so which is false..

Yes, But bigger Chassis come with more maintene and weight so does size, NAG need Light weight yet powerful, BMP does not fit for Job..
There are enough 50t bridges to warrant T-90. There are not enough 70t bridges to warrant Arjun. It isn't me making that decision, it is your own Army. What is your choice for NAG carrier? I would put it on VBCI :thumb:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ask the Germans to integrate your NAGs to their Wiesels.

This platform will be mobile, air-transportable and can easily fit in narrow Indian provincial roads.

Bhadra

Country flag

Bhadra

Country flag
why can't arjun mbt's hull be used as a platform for nag since enemy rpg and anti tank team can very well target namica carriers,wherin arjun's hull provides much better protection.
Why not mount Nag on Arjun itself? why on Chasis?

What is the requirement for a seperate plateform for Nag?

The same argument is true for all BMP? Disband all those and all to mount on Arjun Chasis ! Ah..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Not Army, MOD mouthpiece..

VBCI will do but we need track..

There are enough 50t bridges to warrant T-90. There are not enough 70t bridges to warrant Arjun. It isn't me making that decision, it is your own Army. What is your choice for NAG carrier? I would put it on VBCI :thumb:
=============================

Love those Wiesels hope to induct them in RR ( J&K )

But these are too short for NAG..

Wiesels. This platform will be mobile, air-transportable and can easily fit in narrow Indian provincial roads.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There could be many issues..

1. Vehicle Not only carry ready to fire but also store inside hull when need for reload

2. The Weight of the vehicle will increase and need wider tracks..

3. It would be better if there are more ready to fire mode..

Wiesel 2 might be able to carry NAGs...

kshkumsin

Thanks

But do not make such scewed statement regarding Sumdorong Chu? India had conducted her nuclear test in 1974.

If India gained anything there it is all kind courtsey IA?
that is the point we never had those missiles to deliver the nuclear payload thus got nothing.So it is not a screwed statement.Instead army got screwed

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are you serious? Its smaller than my truck! :lol:
They can carry TOW launcher, quad anti-aircraft missiles and 120mm mortar system, they should be able to carry weapons of the size of NAG. Of course there will be compromises on the number of ready to fire missiles and reload that can be carried.

Bhadra

Country flag
that is the point we never had those missiles to deliver the nuclear payload thus got nothing.So it is not a screwed statement.Instead army got screwed
No I never said screwed /// I only said scewed.... there is a diifrence of earth and sky...

You just do not seem to know anything about Sumdorong Chu... must have heard it somewhere...

and when you had all missiles and all so called bombs, Pakistan screwed (screwed the the word I am using now) you royally by occupation of 350 or more sq kms and more than 300 odd posts in Kargil and other sectors... Where did your Prithvi and Agni go that time ?? Duh.. Ahaha..

There were two things common though, between Kargil and Sumdorong Chu, one intelligence failure and second ----- absence of that bloody Nag (Atk missle) which could have taken on enemy bunkers and sangers. In fact IAF had to intervene to do that job at thousand times more cost..

On Topic : Sumdorong Chu and Kargil happened not due to lack of Nag but IA had to face diificult times for that ever promised and 30 year old nag which refuses to be born out of the DREDOs.... but both happned inpite of DREDOs nuclear bombs and missiles..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Apperently It was flame launchers ( Made in India ) used to take out bunkers at longer range, They are still in Use..

absence of that bloody Nag (Atk missle) which could have taken on enemy bunkers and sangers. In fact IAF had to intervene to do that job at thousand times more cost..

sayareakd

Country flag
Apperently It was flame launchers ( Made in India ) used to take out bunkers at longer range, They are still in Use..
we have thousands of anti tank 2nd generation missiles for that purpose, even saw BEL publicity video showing the same thing, now they use old version of missile for anti bunker role.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I do have a good photo of a Pakistani bunker blown by Anti-tank team in Kargil..

we have thousands of anti tank 2nd generation missiles for that purpose, even saw BEL publicity video showing the same thing, now they use old version of missile for anti bunker role.

kshkumsin

No I never said screwed /// I only said scewed.... there is a diifrence of earth and sky...

You just do not seem to know anything about Sumdorong Chu... must have heard it somewhere...

and when you had all missiles and all so called bombs, Pakistan screwed (screwed the the word I am using now) you royally by occupation of 350 or more sq kms and more than 300 odd posts in Kargil and other sectors... Where did your Prithvi and Agni go that time ?? Duh.. Ahaha..

There were two things common though, between Kargil and Sumdorong Chu, one intelligence failure and second ----- absence of that bloody Nag (Atk missle) which could have taken on enemy bunkers and sangers. In fact IAF had to intervene to do that job at thousand times more cost..

On Topic : Sumdorong Chu and Kargil happened not due to lack of Nag but IA had to face diificult times for that ever promised and 30 year old nag which refuses to be born out of the DREDOs.... but both happned inpite of DREDOs nuclear bombs and missiles..
sorry fast reading:laugh:
now for your statement"You just do not seem to know anything about Sumdorong Chu... must have heard it somewhere..." well i have read as like u and was not present there,were u.Sorry!no offence:namaste:
and for this"and when you had all missiles and all so called bombs, Pakistan screwed (screwed the the word I am using now) you royally by occupation of 350 or more sq kms and more than 300 odd posts in Kargil and other sectors... Where did your Prithvi and Agni go that time ?? Duh.. Ahaha..".well we were capable of negotiating with them because both of us were nuclear armed nations,now imagine how would be our condition if we never had those missiles(which u say are shit).Again Nag is not manportable and neither NAMICA could have been used in those mountains therefore IA used tube artillery like bofors and rocket artillery like Pinaka.

ok it might sound funny but we are stockpiling more of explosives underneath us so that the other one wouldn't detonate it u get my point
:confused:

Bhadra

Country flag
sorry fast reading:laugh:
now for your statement"You just do not seem to know anything about Sumdorong Chu... must have heard it somewhere..." well i have read as like u and was not present there,were u.Sorry!no offence:namaste:
and for this"and when you had all missiles and all so called bombs, Pakistan screwed (screwed the the word I am using now) you royally by occupation of 350 or more sq kms and more than 300 odd posts in Kargil and other sectors... Where did your Prithvi and Agni go that time ?? Duh.. Ahaha..".well we were capable of negotiating with them because both of us were nuclear armed nations,now imagine how would be our condition if we never had those missiles(which u say are shit).Again Nag is not manportable and neither NAMICA could have been used in those mountains therefore IA used tube artillery like bofors and rocket artillery like Pinaka.

ok it might sound funny but we are stockpiling more of explosives underneath us so that the other one wouldn't detonate it u get my point
:confused:
Bare Bhai,

I do not know when and how Nag became Anaconda otherwise it was supposed to be a portable missile to replace SS11, Milan and other such categories in the IA and elsewhere.

My pont is that we have Agni and Prahar but not a portable missile. Agni can not do the job of Nag which you seem to be suggesting. It is like a story of a man who has steroids to feed on but not the bread. It also reflects on the priorities of the nation as also DREDOs who wish to kill the enemy by Agni but not willing to provide portable A Tk missile to its Army. Strange ! Arjuna has Brahmastra but no stick to fend off nasty Kauravas. To assume that Abhimanyu would not get killed because Arjun has Barhmastra is sheer folly.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They can carry TOW launcher, quad anti-aircraft missiles and 120mm mortar system, they should be able to carry weapons of the size of NAG. Of course there will be compromises on the number of ready to fire missiles and reload that can be carried.
I can put a TOW launcher, quad anti-aircraft missiles or a 120mm mortar in my truck bed. It doesn't make it a good carrier for NAG which uses much heavier weapons and needs several ready loads and reloads.

kshkumsin

Bare Bhai,

I do not know when and how Nag became Anaconda otherwise it was supposed to be a portable missile to replace SS11, Milan and other such categories in the IA and elsewhere.

My pont is that we have Agni and Prahar but not a portable missile. Agni can not do the job of Nag which you seem to be suggesting. It is like a story of a man who has steroids to feed on but not the bread. It also reflects on the priorities of the nation as also DREDOs who wish to kill the enemy by Agni but not willing to provide portable A Tk missile to its Army. Strange ! Arjuna has Brahmastra but no stick to fend off nasty Kauravas. To assume that Abhimanyu would not get killed because Arjun has Barhmastra is sheer folly.
Hahahahahahahahaha certainly i am not ur bara bhai as i am 17 year old plus i never said nag's role can be taken by Agni i was just repling to ur comment that the development of agni was unnecessary as we should have developed nag first.

at 42
kg nag is heavy

Articles