Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicles (MIRVs)

Patriot

Country flag
Given DRDO's track record with the Arjun, a likely timeframe for MIRV IOC is probably 2030...
We want you to keep believing in this theory of yours despite knowing that ISRO can launch 7 satellites from single launch vehicle.

t_co

yeah same as your fighter engine and nuclear submarines :thumb:
Your nuclear submarine doesn't even have an operational nuclear reactor, and your fighter engine never even got off the ground... what's your point?

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Your nuclear submarine doesn't even have an operational nuclear reactor, and your fighter engine never even got off the ground... what's your point?
By same logic, you SSBN with all its super reactor did not manage even a single deterrence patrol until now.
Whats it gonna do? Conduct deterrence patrol from your harbour? Thats freakish.

And btw your SSNs are the loudest things underwater, except maybe barring a horny Blue Whale.

Chow anyone?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
is there some internal wall between our defence organizations ?

i understand ISRO already has developed MIRV technology ? - theyve launched 10 satellites from one rocket and are pretty close to mirv if not already ?

so why does drdo need to do something similar

obviously i have got an incorrect picture - any info and clarification is most appreciated and TIA !

t_co

i understand ISRO already has developed MIRV technology ? - theyve launched 10 satellites from one rocket and are pretty close to mirv if not already ?

obviously i have got an incorrect picture - any info and clarification is most appreciated and TIA !
MIRV requires more than just a launch vehicle that can hold multiple warheads/satellites. It requires warheads which are capable of independent target tracking with a combination of inertial/stellar/GPS sensors.

Such targeting technology/infrastructure is likely the obstacle facing India; India would be well-advised to build up its own network of GPS satellites in light of the fact that GPS, COMPASS, and Beidou may all be unavailable in a South Asian crisis, dramatically reducing the effectiveness of all its precision weaponry, not just its independently-targeted nuclear warheads.

Patriot

Country flag
MIRV requires more than just a launch vehicle that can hold multiple warheads/satellites. It requires warheads which are capable of independent target tracking with a combination of inertial/stellar/GPS sensors.

Such targeting technology/infrastructure is likely the obstacle facing India; India would be well-advised to build up its own network of GPS satellites in light of the fact that GPS, COMPASS, and Beidou may all be unavailable in a South Asian crisis, dramatically reducing the effectiveness of all its precision weaponry, not just its independently-targeted nuclear warheads.
We shall follow your advice. Thanks for help & sharing vital technology secrets with us. We shall not disappoint you and shall give you very accurate MIRV system.

drkrn

This is bad news, cause ASAT is a non lethal(no deaths) but a strategic weapon, by taking out satellites we could blind our enemies. While MIRV is a priority, but i think ASAT is a much bigger weapon, i hope DRDO not delay this.
today the main strategy of any war is to take out c4(command,control,communications,computers)that's why asat is so critical
even we should strongly consider developing a cyber army.

but on other hand think one missile doing same work of at least 3 missiles?decreases logistic burden on military,a headache to missile defense shields
a missile is supposedly >50 crores a piece.with mirv we save a lot of money

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Roma putting 10 satellite is more difficult then launching MIRV with 10 RVs to the target, as in satellite their is little scope for error, while in MIRVs each RV has luxury of having large CEP in case of nuclear weapon, it hardly make a difference if it goes 100 or 500 meters of the target it is going to take out the target in any case.

I would say basic science is same just same, in case of satellite launch since size of all satellites are different therefore it is more complicated, while in missile size and mass are same.

DRDO and ISRO are different organisations with different goal and funding. but then sarkar is same :lol:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

IRNSS. Heard of it ?

Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Roma putting 10 satellite is more difficult then launching MIRV with 10 RVs to the target, as in satellite their is little scope for error, while in MIRVs each RV has luxury of having large CEP in case of nuclear weapon, it hardly make a difference if it goes 100 or 500 meters of the target it is going to take out the target in any case.

I would say basic science is same just same, in case of satellite launch since size of all satellites are different therefore it is more complicated, while in missile size and mass are same.

DRDO and ISRO are different organisations with different goal and funding. but then sarkar is same :lol:
Hello Sayarea - thanks for the reply

dare i say it CONFIRMS what i had initially suspected - it is not a problem of technology - which - india already has surpassed - i.e. that level of tech capability

it is more an organizational matter - allowing the scientists of one org to apply and modify what they know to another org - sure there will be trial and some fails in the process - but we can do it - even in short shrift mode !

question is will the scientists be allowed to talk to each other and in a sense , cross boundary lines ? - and gosh - who gets the credit

i think those, in my preceeding sentence are the real issues !

Last edited:
Country flag
MIRV with 10 warheads already has been tested more or less with past satellite
launches.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hello Sayarea - thanks for the reply

dare i say it CONFIRMS what i had initially suspected - it is not a problem of technology - which - iondia already has surpassed that level of tech capability

it is more an organizational matter - allowing the scientists of one org to apply and modify what they know to another org - sure there will be trial and some fails in the process - but we can do it - even in short shrift mode !

question is will the scientist be allowed to talk to each other and in a sense , cross boundary lines ? - and gosh - who gets the credit

i think that is the real issue !
those in same business knows what we have done, it is general public who knows it later :namaste:

nation take the credit.

Bheeshma

China has not demonstrated MIRV capability or indeed SLBM launch from submerged sub yet. only hear say.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
those in same business knows what we have done, it is general public who knows it later :namaste:
nation take the credit.
youre right - crossing organizational boundary lines in a challenge which exists everywhere - so it's nothing unusual to be happening here - it´s possible india might overcome these challenges better than others .

Country flag
youre right - crossing organizational boundary lines in a challenge which exists everywhere - so it's nothing unusual to be happening here - it´s possible india might overcome these challenges better than others .
ISRO and DRDO both were sanctioned by US so you must follow the rules. wink wink

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
ISRO and DRDO both were sanctioned by US so you must follow the rules. wink wink
dear i like your winks but really, if they were both sanctioned , shouldnt they show the finger by collaborating instead ? heheheh but perhaps that's too
radical an idea and india wants to show friendship via "compliance"!

Country flag
dear i like your winks but really, if they were both sanctioned , shouldnt they show the finger by collaborating instead ? heheheh but perhaps that's too
radical an idea and india wants to show friendship via "compliance"!
In the world there is no black and white most things in the world fall into the gray.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles