Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Kumaoni

A handful of these stuff are bought for foreign exercises and that too only with western militaries

How utterly shameful, that’s their world country mentality, not far above North Korean parade methodology
It’s even more shameful when you realize that this cost on which this can be standardized well within the budget of the indian army.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It’s even more shameful when you realize that this cost on which this can be standardized well within the budget of the indian army.
IA is a joke, their ‘modernisation’ is just a means to pad the pockets of generals and get their kids foreign visas

if modernisation was a real concern soldiers wouldn’t be in WW1 spec for the last 3 decades

abingdonboy

Country flag
Why no chest pouches? The same rig has had open chest mag pouches in other exs, here they have closed side ones

just LARPing?

The Indian military in general seems completely adverse to chest rigs, almost all units have side mag pouches, even the SPG CAT/SIU

Another case of india doing everything differently to the rest of the world. I wonder who has it right….

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Why no chest pouches? The same rig has had open chest mag pouches in other exs, here they have closed side ones

just LARPing?

The Indian military in general seems completely adverse to chest rigs, almost all units have side mag pouches, even the SPG CAT/SIU

Another case of india doing everything differently to the rest of the world. I wonder who has it right….
This is exactly what I was saying before. I at least held out the hope that they'd attach them to the MOLLE when the exercise begins. But no.

Infantry requirements: Kevlar helmets with NVG mounts. Chest rig with adequate pouches attached. Rifle with optic and IR laser. Camo matching between uniform and helmets, if not also the BPJ's.

This. Is. Not. Complicated.

WTF is so hard to understand here that IA has been dropping the ball even on potempkin units meant to show off our "modern kit"? But sure, bring along those green scarves around your neck.

Last edited:

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
This is exactly what I was saying before. I at least held out the hope that they'd attach them to the MOLLE when the exercise begins. But no.

Infantry requirements: Kevlar helmets with NVG mounts. Chest rig with adequate pouches attached. Rifle with optic and IR laser. Camo matching between uniform and helmets, if not also the BPJ's.

This. Is. Not. Complicated.

WTF is so hard to understand here that IA has been dropping the ball even on potempkin units meant to show off our "modern kit"? But sure, bring along those green scarves around your neck.
They have their mag pouches on the sides of their PCs

Kumaoni

However, the Indian military has not even been a proper COIN fighting force for nearly 2 decades since 2003

The insurgencies in NE and proxy war in J and K have been defeated by the men in olive. The indian army, since then, has largely become a peacetime force.
C8EB825F-E5B8-4484-ADB2-479B815EC9CA.jpeg

binayak95

Country flag
Wait you guys are worried about the side mags on PCs?
Soldiers believe that mags upfront stand a good chance of detonating when and if a round impacts the mag.

Its a strange myth that sacrifices dexterity and quick reloads for safety - but that is the IA

Global Defence

New threads

Articles