MiG-29/35 Fulcrums

JBH22

I would call that BS considering how fundamental Russian science is....our population tends to dramaticize superficiality these days. We did well by exiting because we need to invest in our own like Tejas and its versions.
True. Russian have years of R&D and a viable defence industry. We are still trying to get a functioning OFB to build a decent rifle.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
True. Russian have years of R&D and a viable defence industry. We are still trying to get a functioning OFB to build a decent rifle.
Both are different but reason we don't have a decent rifle is we aren't allowing it to be built by people who can.

I would call that BS considering how fundamental Russian science is....our population tends to dramaticize superficiality these days. We did well by exiting because we need to invest in our own like Tejas and its versions.
In terms of avionics and radar we aren't much behind and moving pretty fast.
Now coming to reason why we ditched Su 57 . They weren't giving us workshare and were handling our people like kids.

There wasn't much to gain for the price we had to pay.

sorcerer

Country flag
Russia hands over commercial offer of 21 MiG-29 fighters to India

Russia has handed over to India a commercial offer to deliver 21 MiG-29 fighters, a spokesperson for Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said on Tuesday.

"The Indian Air Force staff received a tender request for the supply of 21 aircraft in 2021. The Russian side has transferred to Indian partners the commercial offer that is now being considered by the customer," spokesperson Valeria Reshetnikova told reporters on the sidelines of the MAKS-2021 international aerospace show.

Roland55

Country flag
Does anyone get an idea what the CPFH of the new gen Mig-29 is? (cause the k and the 35 claim they have a 2.5 times lower cost, which is...well a bit ambitious)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
After Admiral Kuznetsov, does Russian navy plan to field Mig29Ks from the Shtorm supercarrier as well? Or will they design a new carrier-based fighter? Maybe a derivative of Su-PAK FA would do?
I have my doubts about that. I don't think so Russia has enough money to have another Aircraft Carrier.

Super Flanker

Country flag
20211216_111728.jpg

From the past 😎
Indian Navy's Mig 29K🇮🇳 & Russian Mig 29K🇷🇺 onboard Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov🇷🇺
📸 Credits to respective owners

Super Flanker

Country flag
These are MiG-29s of the Egyptian Airforce. Egyptian Airforce uses the M/M2 Variant MiG-29s. Egyptian Airforce has around 50 in service with 6 of them being used for conversion Training so we can say that Egypt has 44 Full Fledged Combat Ready MiG-29s.
  • The Egyptian MiG-29 variant is designated as the
  • MiG-29M (9.41SM) for the single seater
  • And
  • MiG-29M2 (9.47SM) for the two seater

Super Flanker

Country flag
Mig 29 UPG is favorite bird , I had the chance of touching these beauties at adampur AFB
I live in Goa and we have MIG-29k Aircrafts stationed at INS Hansa in Dabolim. I see these Aircrafts fly over my house quite frequently {Won't tell exactly as it is confidential}. I just love hearing the Roar of those Engines henever MiG-29s fly over my house.

Here see I shot this video of MiG-29s Flying over my house and uploaded it on my channel. Hope you like it:

Global Defence

Articles