Mao's conversation with Nobel Prize winner Tsung-Dao Lee

skywatcher

Country flag
Mao's conversation with Nobel Prize winner Tsung-Dao Lee in 1974

Chairman: All absolute truth cannot be seen or touched, but it exists in relative truth. Both relative and absolute, unity of opposites, unity of opposites. Why do you all agree with me? Don’t you refute me?
Li: Because you are right, what we are looking for is relative truth, not absolute truth.
Chairman: Relative truth contains absolute truth.
Li: Yes. In physics, every truth is relative and temporary, but we regard the entire process as if it were an absolute truth. The process of everything is a relative progress. This process seems to be the absolute truth, but what we understand is only the relative truth.
Chairman: There are absolutes in it. Please tell me about your invention and creation.
Li: We don’t have any inventions. They are just results obtained through experiments. We gain understanding through the results, and we also want to generalize them. We also take a step back and think about whether we can do some new experiments to correct and prove whether the original ideas are correct. As a result of the experiment, the idea was revised again and again. Start with experiments, lead to theories, make explanations and conjectures, and then conduct experiments. From perceptual knowledge to rational knowledge, we then make a leap to further understanding and further experimentation. The process is almost the same, starting from practice and returning to practice.
Chairman: Practice-theory-practice, not theory-practice-theory.

Azaad

Country flag
Mao's conversation with Nobel Prize winner Tsung-Dao Lee in 1974

Chairman: All absolute truth cannot be seen or touched, but it exists in relative truth. Both relative and absolute, unity of opposites, unity of opposites. Why do you all agree with me? Don’t you refute me?
Li: Because you are right, what we are looking for is relative truth, not absolute truth.
Chairman: Relative truth contains absolute truth.
Li: Yes. In physics, every truth is relative and temporary, but we regard the entire process as if it were an absolute truth. The process of everything is a relative progress. This process seems to be the absolute truth, but what we understand is only the relative truth.
Chairman: There are absolutes in it. Please tell me about your invention and creation.
Li: We don’t have any inventions. They are just results obtained through experiments. We gain understanding through the results, and we also want to generalize them. We also take a step back and think about whether we can do some new experiments to correct and prove whether the original ideas are correct. As a result of the experiment, the idea was revised again and again. Start with experiments, lead to theories, make explanations and conjectures, and then conduct experiments. From perceptual knowledge to rational knowledge, we then make a leap to further understanding and further experimentation. The process is almost the same, starting from practice and returning to practice.
Chairman: Practice-theory-practice, not theory-practice-theory.
I think the 5 pests campaign & the great leap forward were definitely part of the absolute truth . Mao discovered that poverty was relative. He wanted to explore further which led him to the absolute truth that pests like birds were responsible for a great deal of crop damage. The results were fantastic.

Ditto with the great leap forward. Since poverty is relative & making steel an essential step to prosperity , everyone should benefit which means everyone should contribute in making steel. The results were so fantastic that 60 years later China's the largest steel manufacturer in the world & what's more in order to sustain the steel mfg industry , China's building up infrastructure like nobody's business like the 40,000 kms HSR network since it can't export that steel.

How one wishes great helmsman 1.0 probed more to discover the absolute truth , Chang ! It'd have benefited the Han slaves like you even more .

skywatcher

Country flag
I think the 5 pests campaign & the great leap forward were definitely part of the absolute truth . Mao discovered that poverty was relative. He wanted to explore further which led him to the absolute truth that pests like birds were responsible for a great deal of crop damage. The results were fantastic.

Ditto with the great leap forward. Since poverty is relative & making steel an essential step to prosperity , everyone should benefit which means everyone should contribute in making steel. The results were so fantastic that 60 years later China's the largest steel manufacturer in the world & what's more in order to sustain the steel mfg industry , China's building up infrastructure like nobody's business like the 40,000 kms HSR network since it can't export that steel.

How one wishes great helmsman 1.0 probed more to discover the absolute truth , Chang ! It'd have benefited the Han slaves like you even more .
You still believe Indians don't need air conditioners?
i_f25.png

Azaad

Country flag
You still believe Indians don't need air conditioners?View attachment 259526
I still think the treatment imparted by ancients to cure / treat paranoid schizophrenics , autistic , Downs Syndrome afflicted etc like you which was usually a good beating sometimes involving broken bones , is the right way to cure such cases

skywatcher

Country flag
I still think the treatment imparted by ancients to cure / treat paranoid schizophrenics , autistic , Downs Syndrome afflicted etc like you which was usually a good beating sometimes involving broken bones , is the right way to cure such cases
@Azaad established the well-known inequality:
Azaad's Inequality: 80% of Indians without air conditioners live better than 80% of Han Chinese with air conditioners.
Proof: By standard theory of Hinduism, the proof is trivial.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag

Skywatcher's Conjecture: Azaad's Inequality holds if and only if it is in Azaad's imaginary world.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag
Chairman: Tell us about your invention more than ten years ago.
Li: That is, is the universe absolutely symmetrical? For example: there are positive particles, negative particles, positive electricity, negative electricity, positive protons, negative protons, etc. But later the theory became divorced from practice and said that everything in the universe is absolutely symmetrical. In 1956, Yang Zhenning and I saw that some new experiments were difficult to explain, so we asked whether the theories at that time were well-founded, and found that many of them were unfounded. We conducted experiments and found that our previous absolute guesses were wrong. Many facts show that positive and negative, left and right are asymmetrical.
Chairman: (laughing) My shoulders are higher on this side (referring to the right shoulder) and lower on this side (referring to the left shoulder). My eyes are better on this side (referring to the left eye) and worse on this side (referring to the right eye).
Li: It is often said that some people are not very symmetrical. For example: the heart is on the left side.
Chairman: The heart is to the left, the stomach is to the right, and the path from the stomach to the small intestine is to the right.
Li: But the fact that the heart is asymmetrical does not mean that everything in nature is asymmetrical. Most of them are symmetrical. Human hearts also exist on the right side, but the number is very small, accounting for about one in a million. But the asymmetry of the phenomenon does not mean the asymmetry of the basic principles.
Chairman: According to Lenin, there is a philosophical principle. He is talking about balance. Do balance and symmetry mean the same thing?

skywatcher

Country flag
Chairman: The Greeks said that the atom is fundamental and indivisible. Now it's a mess. There are many issues that are unclear right now, such as: optics, what is the structure of the light emitted by the sun?
Li: We think it’s the fluctuation of the electromagnetic field.
Chairman: What about the internal structure?
Li: We know that when a photon travels, it is the combination of a positron and a negative electron couple, and then there is the combination of a positive meson and a negative meson couple. It is probably such a structure, and it is also complicated.
Chairman: Where are the electronics?
Li: Mainly electrons, but also some photons, which are electrons plus two photons, and then the next step is the combination of electrons plus another positron and negative electron couple, and then the next step is the combination of electrons plus positron and negative electron couple. . This is probably a structure that goes on like this.
Chairman: I mean peripheral electronics.
Li: There are no individual electrons either. For every electron there is something else bound together.
Chairman: There are no books.
Li: There are books, but they are not well written.

Azaad

Country flag
@Azaad established the well-known inequality:
Azaad's Inequality: 80% of Indians without air conditioners live better than 80% of Han Chinese with air conditioners.
Proof: By standard theory of Hinduism, the proof is trivial.View attachment 259528
Yes & the Han were in the lap of luxury 60 years ago during the 5 pests campaign & the great leap forward weren't they? You had full air conditioning right since Qing Shi Huangdi of the Qin dynasty. So prosperous was the Han!

Right now it's get rich quick at any cost which is the Han's mantra. Get rich even if it means ripping off your siblings, parents spouse children anybody & everybody.

After all there's a precedent for all this. Didn't the Han turn on their own teachers, parents, grand parents, siblings , neighbors , relatives etc during the cultural revolution under the guidance of great helmsman 1.0 & the revolutionary red guards? So why shouldn't the Han do so now?

Azaad

Country flag
Chairman: Tell us about your invention more than ten years ago.
Li: That is, is the universe absolutely symmetrical? For example: there are positive particles, negative particles, positive electricity, negative electricity, positive protons, negative protons, etc. But later the theory became divorced from practice and said that everything in the universe is absolutely symmetrical. In 1956, Yang Zhenning and I saw that some new experiments were difficult to explain, so we asked whether the theories at that time were well-founded, and found that many of them were unfounded. We conducted experiments and found that our previous absolute guesses were wrong. Many facts show that positive and negative, left and right are asymmetrical.
Chairman: (laughing) My shoulders are higher on this side (referring to the right shoulder) and lower on this side (referring to the left shoulder). My eyes are better on this side (referring to the left eye) and worse on this side (referring to the right eye).
Li: It is often said that some people are not very symmetrical. For example: the heart is on the left side.
Chairman: The heart is to the left, the stomach is to the right, and the path from the stomach to the small intestine is to the right.
Li: But the fact that the heart is asymmetrical does not mean that everything in nature is asymmetrical. Most of them are symmetrical. Human hearts also exist on the right side, but the number is very small, accounting for about one in a million. But the asymmetry of the phenomenon does not mean the asymmetry of the basic principles.
Chairman: According to Lenin, there is a philosophical principle. He is talking about balance. Do balance and symmetry mean the same thing?
Do balance & symmetry mean the same thing ? This is what happens when you let a semi literate peasant self taught by working in a library seize power. He turns the whole world upside down while indulging in peasant's view of philosophy which equally illiterate Han peasant noveau riche & recently educated like yourself consider pearls of wisdom.

skywatcher

Country flag
Do balance & symmetry mean the same thing ? This is what happens when you let a semi literate peasant self taught by working in a library seize power. He turns the whole world upside down while indulging in peasant's view of philosophy which equally illiterate Han peasant noveau riche & the educated consider pearls of wisdom.
What's this?
i_f25.png

v2-549d62b0a7d01af6aa1613f6bb6c3ac3_r (1).jpg

Azaad

Country flag
Chairman: The Greeks said that the atom is fundamental and indivisible. Now it's a mess. There are many issues that are unclear right now, such as: optics, what is the structure of the light emitted by the sun?
Li: We think it’s the fluctuation of the electromagnetic field.
Chairman: What about the internal structure?
Li: We know that when a photon travels, it is the combination of a positron and a negative electron couple, and then there is the combination of a positive meson and a negative meson couple. It is probably such a structure, and it is also complicated.
Chairman: Where are the electronics?
Li: Mainly electrons, but also some photons, which are electrons plus two photons, and then the next step is the combination of electrons plus another positron and negative electron couple, and then the next step is the combination of electrons plus positron and negative electron couple. . This is probably a structure that goes on like this.
Chairman: I mean peripheral electronics.
Li: There are no individual electrons either. For every electron there is something else bound together.
Chairman: There are no books.
Li: There are books, but they are not well written.
The only question to be asked by anyone reading this sham interview is would Lee discover whatever he's credited with & won the Nobel prize if he remained in Zhongghuo?

Why didn't great helmsman 1.0 ask Lee this question & more to the point why didn't he invite Lee to return to Zhongghuo? However if such an invite was extended why did Lee refuse?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles