Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

If Tanks have to evolve, which path they should follow?

• Light Vehicles-Best for mobility

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Heavy Armour-Can take heavy punishment.

Votes: 57 16.7%
  • Modular Design-Allowing dynamic adaptions.

Votes: 198 58.1%
  • Universal Platform-Best for logistics.

Votes: 61 17.9%

• Total voters

Damian

Or internal volume drivers site, and hull ammo is just slighty smaller then 2x fuel tanks + driver seat in M1 and in that case all will be corect.

ps. Yours fight against this 70mm in Leo2A4 frontal hull sides is rather pointless
I highly doubt that. Because I made the same mistake in the past that You are making now.

And no, my fight is not pointless. It is a mather of fighting for truth, to end this foolness with Germans making good or best AFV's myth.

@Damian you are smart guy, that is show piece they got on Arjun tank.
Dunno, I would need to check it on my own to be 100% sure.

Damian

see you certified without looking at it.
My opinion is still the same, it's not armor. If I will have opportunity to check it closer and it will be armor then I will change my opinion, facts are facts. But right now, from what I see, this plate is not armor, rather a part of muflap/mudguard.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
BTW a smart monkey IITian might prove you wrong, i will ask him to comment on your post.

Damian

BTW a smart monkey IITian might prove you wrong, i will ask him to comment on your post.
It's simple, there is a 140mm heavy ballistic skirt, and then air gap, but from the front there is a part of mudguard that looks like armor. On one of photos it is deformed slightly near the edge. Armor plates don't deform that way when hiting trees, rocks, concrete etc. Especially not something that is claimed to be 70-80mm thick! Even 20mm thick armor plate would not deform this way.

Slight deformation visible.

Last edited:

Damian

Its not deform but angle of the camera and light..
Actually there is slight deformation. But if You have photo from the bottom view point, showing it is a solid plate, I will change my mind. ;)

p2prada

Don't look like armour to me and that little portion is deformed, pic shows more.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Yeah, this shows clearly that it is deformed, like it would be hit by something.

It clearly behave like thin sheet metal, not thick, dense armor plate.

Besides this photo shows more interesting details.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Yeah, this shows clearly that it is deformed, like it would be hit by something.

It clearly behave like thin sheet metal, not thick, dense armor plate.

Besides this photo shows more interesting details.
That is not Deformed, It looks like that only..

Damian

@Kunal

It is deformed, You want to try to fight with reality clearly visible on photo? Good luck with that. ;)

Yeah. This version of the tank has a much smaller side armour and more storage boxes. Must be an early prototype.
@P2P IMHO turret is same as on production vehicles, however storage boxes are different type.

militarysta

This deformed first side skirts pannel is nothing more then first and mobile cover under track -it have moving capability like most of the first pannels over tracks in most of the MBTs... So yes it could be deformated becouse it's made by thin sheet metal, but it is part of frontal track protection! side protection is diffrent part and looks more solid (heavy) and looks like realy normal protection:

pic.in prepering

Last edited:

Damian

It's simple. 1st layer is heavy ballistic skirt, then there is some sort of thin sheet metal, that probably acts as mudguard extension.

Damian

Good luck you too..
I really don't understand why You don't admitt that what we see on the photo is thin sheet metal? We don't say that there is no protection over this place, belive me 140mm thick heavy ballistic skirt + air gap + basic side hull armor is protection sufficent enought for safe manouvering angles protection (60 degrees frontal arc), and nothing more is required.

In this case Arjun represent the same standard as many other MBT's.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles