LOC, LAC & International Border skirmishs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangal

Country flag
Parrikar has fixed this issue. He has said so in numerous interviews and speeches.
Also The rules have been changed now, we do not need 40 days worth of wwr.

Manohar Parrikar reduces India’s war readiness from 40 to 10 days: Report

According to a report in The Free Press Journal, the new policy was cleared on December 30 with the assumption that the future conflicts would be short, swift and sudden.

Under the new policy, all the three armed forces have been asked to maintain the Minimum Accepted Risk Level (MARL) by stocking up weapons, ammunition and missiles and ensure all radars functional that should last a minimum of 10 days of intense conflict.

the report says that the new policy was drawn up in consultation with the armed forces after the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), in its 2015 report, expressed shock over the low level of the war readiness.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...ar-readiness-from-40-to-10-days-report-367093

In one of his interviews he said it drains a lot of money to maintain 40 days of wwr, also the reserves never get used up.
How can reducing the war reserves be a good idea? This parrikar has time and again proved to be a blabbering idiot. From speaking up strategic information in media just for sake of building his own image to now this news of reducing war reserves. No Battels even in past have been fought for 10 days. Not even kargil. Parrikar should have worried about the proper utilisation funds that are returned due to non usage to the finance ministry every year rather than coming up with this stupid idea. He was defence minister his job was defence prepared ness and not finance minister worrying about saving money. I also remember he once said that India can't afford MMRCA fighters in such large numbers (126). Makes me think what role he might have played in the faliure of deal.

SanjeevM

Country flag
I believe there should be a documentary made by DD or some nationalist channels on working of the OFBs and the pace at which they are making the ammunition.

There can be interviews of different levels of workers asking about the strengths and weaknesses and how things can be improved.

Nation wants to know the truth and confidence on the strength of our armed forces and the stocks we have and how quickly the stocks can be replenished in the event of a war.

Also if any private companies are making any ammunition.

square

Strategic Issues
I believe there should be a documentary made by DD or some nationalist channels on working of the OFBs and the pace at which they are making the ammunition.

There can be interviews of different levels of workers asking about the strengths and weaknesses and how things can be improved.

Nation wants to know the truth and confidence on the strength of our armed forces and the stocks we have and how quickly the stocks can be replenished in the event of a war.

Reliance defence has just entered in a JV with yogo ( serbian staterun company )!!!

square

Strategic Issues
How can reducing the war reserves be a good idea? This parrikar has time and again proved to be a blabbering idiot. From speaking up strategic information in media just for sake of building his own image to now this news of reducing war reserves. No Battels even in past have been fought for 10 days. Not even kargil. Parrikar should have worried about the proper utilisation funds that are returned due to non usage to the finance ministry every year rather than coming up with this stupid idea. He was defence minister his job was defence prepared ness and not finance minister worrying about saving money. I also remember he once said that India can't afford MMRCA fighters in such large numbers (126). Makes me think what role he might have played in the faliure of deal.
you are right , he must be FM , always concern about money !

valkyrie_1810

Why not kickstart one? I mean I wouldn't mind donating a sum for a credible organization.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Its not that simple that he reduced war reserves from 40 to 10 days. Instead of a 40 day full fledged war requirement he has changed it to 10 day intense fighting requirement. The 10 day target is a subset of 40 day target. This helps army in keeping adequate stock of 10 day conflict anytime with prioritizing purchase of those arms & ammo, probably things like art shells rather than ATGM.For detail read this report.

http://www.freepressjournal.in/india/indias-war-readiness-for-only-10-days/1010535

captscooby81

Country flag
Relax as usual journalist show their talent in creative writing here is what it actually means

The new policy envisages all three armed forces to fully stock up weapons, ammunition and missiles and ensure all radars functional that should last a minimum of 10 days of intense conflict. In military parlance, this is called Minimum Accepted Risk Level (MARL).

It was explained that the new policy does not mean reducing the higher stock levels of most of the ammunitions. Officials said the target of 40 days of WWR has not been shelved. It shall be on track as usual but within that the 10-day benchmarking will be the new norm.

captscooby81

Country flag
@hammer head @Bornubus @reddevil9

Does IA uses these type of weapons to clear the bunkers and enemy trenches ??? Chinese are practising with these weapons in Tibet war drill....they look Cold war era to me

@Flame Thrower I had memory of seeing videos of them getting used in WW2 and also in Vietnam war to clear the trenches by the Americans ..But the point is the chinese are using them in 2017 in their war drill ...

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-22 at 12.15.11.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-22 at 12.15.12 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-22 at 12.15.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-22 at 12.15.12 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-22 at 12.18.03.jpeg

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

All because of crooked politician,I swear if war breaks out and there is less ammo I will hunt and put a Ninda bulllet on the Kashmiriyat Ramnath land kattu buddha,Jo ukhadna hai ukhad le CBI.
Why the hell everyone is worried of ammo stockpile...

Fortunately, I got a chance to talk to Lt. Col(he retired prior to Kargil war) on this issue.

It means all kinds of ammo fired in an intense full blown war for 30 days....

In simple terms, all infantry men firing twice the standard issue amount of ammo for 30 days...with no supply chain issues. In the meantime, we can ramp up the production.

It's been more than 30 days we were in possible state of war, I bet our stocks(for full scale war) are full by now. Skimmers meaning might happen around 100th of the full force of IA.

So chill guys...

Thus I rest my case.

Flame Thrower

Does IA uses these type of weapons to clear the bunkers and enemy trenches ??? Chinese are practising with these weapons in Tibet war drill....they look Cold war era to me

View attachment 18021 View attachment 18022 View attachment 18023 View attachment 18025 View attachment 18026
We have hell lot of kornets... Let's use them instead of flame Throwers.

They are WW2 era weapons (were they used in Vietnam too!? Can anyone confirm!?).

One lucky shot and the soldier carrying it will burn alive.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Be fully prepared: IAF to personnel
Saturday, July 22, 2017 By: Indian Express Source Link: CLICK HERE

Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the South Western Air Command, Air Marshal R K Dhir, visited the strategically important Air Force Station Pune and asked the personnel to be “fully prepared for the future”, as he reviewed the security and operational preparedness of the base on Friday.

Dhir was received by Air Commodore KV Surendran Nair, Air Officer Commanding of the Air Force Station, Pune. A press release issued through the Defence PRO on Friday said, “AOC-in-C reviewed security and operational preparedness at the base and complimented the personnel for their combat readiness. He urged them to be fully prepared for future. He also flew an operational sortie on Sukhoi 30 MKI with Wing Commander Tarun Gupta.”

Dhir was briefed that Indian Air Force lays special emphasis to modern briefing and de-briefing tools to thwart any misadventures by its adversaries.

Air Force Station Pune, which is one of the strategically important bases of the Indian Air Force, currently comprises two squadrons of India’s frontline fighter jets Sukhoi 30 MKI — the 20 Squadron also known as Lightnings and 30 Squadron also known as Rhinos.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/Be-fully-prepared-IAF-to-personnel-263329

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

@Flame Thrower I had memory of seeing videos of them getting used in WW2 and also in Vietnam war to clear the trenches by the Americans ..But the point is the chinese are using them in 2017 in their war drill ...

View attachment 18021 View attachment 18022 View attachment 18023 View attachment 18025 View attachment 18026
Bhai Gola Barud to pura ho nahin raha or tum flamethrower ki bat rahe ho. :truestory:

As far as i know the only 'flamethrower' in service is Russia RPO A Bumblebee but it's mechanism is different as it's thermobaric weapon. By the way this flame thrower infantry will be mowed down before it could reach close enough to entrenched enemy as the cumbersome FT will slow him down especially at high altitude.

Also there was news in Indian media about Tank turrets being used as pillbox at LoC, that is also wrong @hammer head

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

In that video posted by @hammer head 3 Pakis sustained above 50 % burn without firing a flamethrower

captscooby81

Country flag
After CAG Report, Sources Say Critical Ammo To Start Arriving In Weeks

t-20-tank_650x400_61500709617.jpg

A day after the country's top auditor told parliament that the Army is significantly short on ammunition, sources have confirmed to NDTV that supplies of critical ammo for tanks and artillery guns will start flowing in from early next month. The Army by the end of next year will likely come close to meeting its requirement for 40 days of war wastage reserves of ammunition - the ideal stockpile the Army needs to fight 40 days of an intensive war - sources have said.

Reacting to the report, sources told NDTV that several types of ammunition and fuses which are in short supply are
presently at the pre-dispatch inspection stage before they are exported to India by foreign suppliers.

Sources also said that the
report does not account for 12,000 crores of orders that have been placed last year after the Uri terror attack on an Army base in Kashmir. The report also does not consider first and second line ammunition that is already deployed on the frontline or kept at the formation level to be supplied to troops on the frontline should it be required in the event of a conflict.

The audit findings, however, comes days after the government gave the Army's Vice Chief Lt General Sarath Chand to directly procure 46 types of ammunition to fight short and "intense wars" without going to the defence ministry. Also, the government had last year cleared emergency procurement of weaponry worth 20,000 crores after the Uri terror attack on September 18, last year.

Edit : So technically since Uri attack Govt has cleared 32000 Crores for WWR stock ..Now we need to see how much of this is imported and how much from Local OFB as i read some where OFB produces 90 % of our ammunition's ...

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Again Chinese threat of invasion of Himalaya's with 6000-7000 troops will be halted by ITBP much before they come face to face with Indian Army. Do not discount the 54 battalions of ITBP with a sanctioned strength of 90K soldiers or roughly 6 divisions which are armed to the teeth just as BSF. Also 10k troops of Special frontier force is ready to do some dirty work in Chinese infrastructure and supply lines in Tibet.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why army thinks that they will need only 40 days of war wastage reserves why can't it be 70 or 100 days?
During worlds wars if they had thought about fighting only 40 days so then?

By War Reserve Stock it also mean resources, raw materials, power and energy source, medicines, food, etc.

After CAG Report, Sources Say Critical Ammo To Start Arriving In Weeks

View attachment 18029

A day after the country's top auditor told parliament that the Army is significantly short on ammunition, sources have confirmed to NDTV that supplies of critical ammo for tanks and artillery guns will start flowing in from early next month. The Army by the end of next year will likely come close to meeting its requirement for 40 days of war wastage reserves of ammunition - the ideal stockpile the Army needs to fight 40 days of an intensive war - sources have said.

Reacting to the report, sources told NDTV that several types of ammunition and fuses which are in short supply are
presently at the pre-dispatch inspection stage before they are exported to India by foreign suppliers.

Sources also said that the
report does not account for 12,000 crores of orders that have been placed last year after the Uri terror attack on an Army base in Kashmir. The report also does not consider first and second line ammunition that is already deployed on the frontline or kept at the formation level to be supplied to troops on the frontline should it be required in the event of a conflict.

The audit findings, however, comes days after the government gave the Army's Vice Chief Lt General Sarath Chand to directly procure 46 types of ammunition to fight short and "intense wars" without going to the defence ministry. Also, the government had last year cleared emergency procurement of weaponry worth 20,000 crores after the Uri terror attack on September 18, last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kunal Biswas Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border Indian Army 13524
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54
Bornubus LOC, LAC & IB warfare Indian Army 2005
Martian LOC, LAC & IB skirmishs Indian Army 1958

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles