LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Incorrect, I think our PM did mention everything settled without a single bullet fired ..

Btw, Its not our PM guarding the borders but Army and it has been doing quite better since new government arrival..

our govt is pin drop silent and let the media write what they feel without giving an official explanation ....

lcafanboy

Country flag
India Has More Effective Options Than Surgical Strikes, Says Army Chief Rawat
News18.com
Updated:June 29, 2017, 7:15 AM IST Hindustan Times.
upload_2017-6-29_23-28-9.png

Talking about the recent beheading and mutilation of two Indian soldiers, Rawat said, “Pakistan thinks it is fighting an easy war that’s paying them dividends, but we have options (other than surgical strikes) that are far more impactful and effective. Our Army is not barbaric. I don’t want to (collect) heads because we are a disciplined force.”

On the Kashmir issue, Rawat claimed that talks could only happen if there was peace in the Valley, a job that the Army has to do. He also said that he would personally hold talks with the person who could assure him that his convoy would not be hit.

The Army chief also said that they were trying to reach out to youth leaders in Kashmir, in the hopes of deterring them from violence. He claimed that he didn’t want “innocents to be caught in the crossfire”, and that the Army did not want any collateral damage.

Rawat also touched on the human shield controversy and defended the actions of Major Leetul Gogoi. “The election commission staff called for help. What if they had been lynched?” he asked. “I am not on the ground. I don’t know what my boys are going through, but I have to be the motivator,” he said, while citing the lynching of deputy superintendent of police MA Pandith outside the Jamia Masjid mosque in Srinagar.

He also dismissed rumours that there were incursions by the Chinese army in Sikkim. “I don’t know where the visuals are from, but they are not from Sikkim,” said Rawat.

http://www.news18.com/news/india/in...al-strikes-says-army-chief-rawat-1445393.html

pankaj nema

Country flag
http://www.defencenews.in/article/N...ll-Indian-Army-withdraws-troops--China-262894

China on Thursday said the withdrawal of Indian troops from what it said was its territory was a "precondition" for a "meaningful dialogue" over the border stand-off.

This means the pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarovar, put off by China in the wake of the stand-off between Indian and Chinese troops, won't resume till both sides sort out their row in the area Donglong which Beijing calls its own.

"We urge the Indian side to withdraw troops back to the Indian side of the boundary," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said.

"This is the precondition for the settlement of the incident and also the basis for us to conduct a meaningful dialogue.

"I think diplomatic channel of communication remains unimpeded," he added.

China also brushed aside Bhutan's protest against Beijing building a road towards a Bhutanese Army camp in Zomplri area of Doklam or Donglong, calling the "construction "just and lawful in Chinese territory".

Donglong and Doklam is a disputed territory between China and Bhutan where troops from the People's Liberation Army and the India Army had scuffled.

"Donglong has been Chinese territory since ancient time. This is an indisputable territory and we have adequate legal basis concerning this," Lu said.

"And this is just a sovereign action by China to conduct the road construction in its territory. This is totally justifiable and lawful."

sthf

Country flag
Superb!!!

Now all we need is are a few "LEAKED" pics and videos which IA & GOI could conveniently deny.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Can we have a seperate thread for Loc and LaC? Keep China and Pakis separate.

Anyways... now China complains India occupied their land. :lol:

China has habit of Pakis ie. ulta chor kotwal ko dante, first sit on others land and when forcefully kicked out then cry.

Last time they made tents on our land and when some force was shown they ran away taking their tents.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I wish there was a completely different Agency reminiscent of RAW to deal with internal threats.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
I hope India deploys Pinaka-MkII. A very good opportunity to test it like Pinaka-I was trialed in kargil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles